Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Honestly I think the Cavs can go BPA with their first pick in the draft and the good thing about this year is that there are no real #1 PG's out there in the top 10 so they wouldn't have to worry about passing on a talent because KI is already there. Say they get the #6th pick and Thomas Robinson is there and they think he is the BPA then I would be all for them taking him. You could keep TT on the Bench and have Andy as your 5 while gaining a post player that can play with his back to the basket while also playing TT at the 5 sometimes with Robinson as both would be extremely active and athletic together.

The point is that nobody is standing in their way with the first pick to not just go BPA as that is what they need, the best players available to them. It is just up to the FO now to decide who the best players are. It should be pretty interesting to see what Grant does this off-season as he has a lot of chips to play with.
    I agree completely. The only thing I would say though is I would rather have a top wing over a PF not named Davis. I like Robinson and would be happy with him but would rather have Beal or Barnes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaas74 View Post
    I agree completely. The only thing I would say though is I would rather have a top wing over a PF not named Davis. I like Robinson and would be happy with him but would rather have Beal or Barnes.
    Yeah I am completely with that. I was just trying to say that the Cavs are in a good spot because they can just take whatever player they think is the best since no one really is in there way in contrary to say the Browns as a lot of people don't want Claiborne since they have Haden already or Kalil since JT is already on the left side.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    4th worst record after tonight. I'm not sure they'll surpass NO, Washington, or Charlotte for an even worst record. But they have the most games remaining. And are in good draft position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaas74 View Post
    Definitely agree. I think we can get Center and depth at the other positions with later picks. We need to come away with Beal, Barnes or MKG realistically.

vCash
    I agree with what everyone is saying about BPA, even if that player is a PF not named Davis. This is a must for the Cavs. T Rob is really really good and going forward without Jamison would mean TT and Andy will be the guys up front. This is a scary thought as neither one can have offense run through them. As good as they could be defensively would be offset be how horrible they would be together offensively. This is why if Beal, MKG, and Barnes are gone, the Cavs would be well served to take Robinson.

Also just a thought, but how sick would the front court be next year if they would have drafted Valanciunas (who by all accounts has been playing excellent for his Euro team), then add T Rob this year and still have Andy?! Rotating those 3 would have been awesome.

vCash
    if cavs get #1 pick would u trade the pick to portland or no for there 2 #1s

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandspride View Post
    if cavs get #1 pick would u trade the pick to portland or no for there 2 #1s
    After watching last night I'd do whatever I have to in order to get Anthony Davis.

vCash
    I just read that Kyrie could be out for 2 weeks and that he didn't travel with the team. This could get pretty ugly but that pick will get even better now or at least the chances of the pick being top 3 will get better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan08 View Post
    I just read that Kyrie could be out for 2 weeks and that he didn't travel with the team. This could get pretty ugly but that pick will get even better now or at least the chances of the pick being top 3 will get better
    Yea 7-10 days without him. Might as well just scratch him the rest of the season unless they are serious about bringing Andy back which I think would be dumb just to get some cohesion with KI. Wish the Lakers would tank down to about #18, its the least Brown could do for making us watch his offensive sets at times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Yea 7-10 days without him. Might as well just scratch him the rest of the season unless they are serious about bringing Andy back which I think would be dumb just to get some cohesion with KI. Wish the Lakers would tank down to about #18, its the least Brown could do for making us watch his offensive sets at times.
    Hahahahahahaha...Mike Brown...

This season has been nice. The Cavs have been watchable for most of the season and now look to be in a position to add another potential all-star. This draft could give them the young star talent and depth to pair with KI letting them improve greatly. Heck and if we get a little lucky again, maybe we get Anthony Davis...

vCash
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed or if I am even posting this in the right area, but what do you think of this scenario as I am just throwing it out there.

Let's say the season ended today and the lotto went the way it was supposed to and we picked 4th. What would you trade to move up to number 1 to take A Davis??

Do you think this is a realistic option...Trade #4, one of our 2nd round picks, 2013 first (conditional, maybe lottery protected??), and Varejao??

Thoughts??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JE159 View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed or if I am even posting this in the right area, but what do you think of this scenario as I am just throwing it out there.

Let's say the season ended today and the lotto went the way it was supposed to and we picked 4th. What would you trade to move up to number 1 to take A Davis??

Do you think this is a realistic option...Trade #4, one of our 2nd round picks, 2013 first (conditional, maybe lottery protected??), and Varejao??

Thoughts??
    I think as you have it now, that is a little much considering we have legit holes/depth problems galore. Especially considering the talent that is available at the 4 spot. I would be willing to trade the 4 and our pick from the Lakers. I mean because in all reality the top six or so players can/should be all-stars. This draft is deep so following your lead the Bobcats would get say Beal, MKG, Drummond, or Robinson as well as someone like F.Melo, R. White, Lamb, Rivers, Ezeli, or Marshall. They would come away with two starters versus our one. This draft is so deep that there are going to be all-stars from the end of the first and probably even the beginning of the second. Sooo deep.

So I think Andy is out of the question. With the NBA draft I look at the trade as players not numbers. Would you want to trade Andy, Beal, F.Melo and then a number 1 next year? I just think some of these Centers coming in look better than what many NBA teams have now. But again, just my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JE159 View Post

Thoughts??
    Ill trade 2 first and 2 seconds for RG3. Oh wait thats the Browns forum and the opportunity already passed.

In all reality I don't see any team that has the number 1 pick trading out. Look at it kind of like the Colts this year in football. They are there because they need the most talented player in the draft and Luck is head and shoulders above the BP in the draft. Same goes with Davis in the NBA. Beal, MKG, Robinson, and Barnes are all good but Davis is head and shoulders above all of them and that is why in everything you read he is certain to be the #1 pick overall. The nice thing about the NBA though, the Cavs actually have a shot at getting the #1 pick with those little lotto balls and most likely will be in the top 3 at the end of the season. Don't think a trade will happen to #1 but a Nick Gilbert miracle could happen again.

vCash
    Guys, it is in our best interest to win enough to secure the 5th spot. I think the 5th spot will be lucky this year.

Anyway, any chance we get Drummond if he's available? It seems like no one mentions him here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pjstjkvc16 View Post
    Guys, it is in our best interest to win enough to secure the 5th spot. I think the 5th spot will be lucky this year.

Anyway, any chance we get Drummond if he's available? It seems like no one mentions him here.
    I am 50/50 on Drummond. He has the potential to be a dominate center and would be nice to pair with Irving. He already rebounds the ball well on the offensive end and is shot blocking machine on defense.

But his offensive game is nonexistent. Drummond has the potential to develop it though, but needs the determination and right coaching (maybe Z?) to improve. I didn't follow UConn a lot this year so I don't know if the kid is a hard enough worker to reach his potential.

If Drummond interviews well with the Cavs, and Grant, Big Z, and Scott all feel like he is there guy I would be ok with it. But I would be just as happy with Barnes/Beal

Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast