Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: 2012 Draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monster_mash View Post
    I know Chris Grant was an ASSISTANT in Atlanta when Marvin was drafted. I hope you all get blamed for your bosses mistakes too. You were in the room when Grant was pushing for Williams? I wasnt, so I dont know...Judging by last years drafting of Kyrie over DWilliams which WAS NOT A SURE THING, take a look back in the archives and half of the people on this site wanted Williams and Knight, I'm giving Grant the benefit of doubt. IMO he knows the importance of a great PG and probably pushed for CP3 or Deron Williams while in Atlanta. Alas he wasn't THE GM and DID NOT have final say. Or maybe we should applaud the drafting of JOSH SMITH at #17..

http://hoopshype.com/general_managers/chris_grant.htm

The worst thing on his resume would be releasing D Green IMO. For a guy who got his job as LBJ was flying over Cleveland taking a big **** on us, he hasn't done bad. And its way too early to say either way what this class and TT will do. Give it time or get back to me when 2k13 comes out and Jeremy Lamb is rated 74 and Waiters 69. Because then we could just trade him and 3 1sts for another first and yada yada.

White, black, green, Amereican, Martan, Zeller is the best center Cavs have had since Brad D.
    I'll give you that. We can't hate on Grant for drafting TT. Outside Kyrie what player is a standout in that draft class?
    Didn't know it was Billy King that drafted Marvin...
    Although Grant had a hand in Eyenga he was also taken 30th. Which is basically a 2nd rounder. I agree with Monster Mash! Good post.

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

vCash
    ^^ Klay Thompson, Kawhi Leonard, Kenneth Faried, Marshon Brooks, Iman Shumpert. I know alot of those guys would've been a massive reach in the top 5 but they all had better years than TT. People are saying that Valenciunas is going to be the 2nd best player in this draft, but he told Cleveland that he didn't want to play there and that he wouldn't opt out of his contract, which is why they didn't draft him.
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47:22790645
    ^^ Klay Thompson, Kawhi Leonard, Kenneth Faried, Marshon Brooks, Iman Shumpert. I know alot of those guys would've been a massive reach in the top 5 but they all had better years than TT. People are saying that Valenciunas is going to be the 2nd best player in this draft, but he told Cleveland that he didn't want to play there and that he wouldn't opt out of his contract, which is why they didn't draft him.
    Thompson was known as a project player. A guy who had a high ceiling but would take time to develop. Are we really judging him after one season? Are we surprised a raw player coming into a lockout season playing out of position all year didn't light the world on fire? Come on now guys.

TT clearly needs to develop some post moves and a somewhat reliable mid-range game. There's no denying that. However, he's already shown the ability to dominate his opponent on the defensive end as well as on the offensive glass. I have absolutely no idea why anyone would be down on TT after last season.

vCash
    I never said there was anything wrong about Thompson. Just naming the names of rookies who had good years and they were all selected after TT. He needs to develop a mid-range jumper or else he won't be successful in this league, maybe he becomes a an undersized energy guy but hopefully he brings more to the table than that. Year 2 is going to be a huge step for the sophomores on the team and the rookies, I can't wait
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    Thompson was considered very raw but had the highest ceiling of any player in last years draft. I don't know why people expect players to be stars the first day they step on the court. Give them a chance to develop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Take this as you will but I figured I would pass along.

On another forum I have been apart of for a couple years now has a guy who was right about Tristan Thompson last year going #4 the day b4 the draft from a source said he had heard from the same source in Cleveland that they are very high on Dion Waiters. Says that they were very high on Jeremy Lamb but Waiters has passed him on their board. Anyways he is saying that the source says that if Portland is able to land Waiters at #6 and Zeller at #11 then right now they are interested in Barnes and Cleveland will select him and then trade Barnes and #24 pick to Portland for Waiters and Zeller.

Once again take this with a grain of salt but it is really the only updated news I have heard besides the fact that Charlotte has 5 offers on the table.

Seems like the calm before the storm right now.

No one gave you credit for this one Otto.
    Although the scenario was different, the outcome was the same - so I think you deserve some props here. Before the draft no one else was even CLOSE to saying we'd walk away with Waiters and Zeller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BornInOhio View Post
    No one gave you credit for this one Otto.
    Although the scenario was different, the outcome was the same - so I think you deserve some props here. Before the draft no one else was even CLOSE to saying we'd walk away with Waiters and Zeller.
    Haha, thanks I'll take it even though I was just passing along info I received.

HOYERMANIA!!!

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758