Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 862

Thread: 2012 Draft

  1. #256
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Marion Indiana
    Posts
    279
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    What does everyone think about the Cavs 4+24 to Portland for 6+11???? I for one would love it... We could potentially get a combo of Barnes + Ross (or Lamb) while keeping both of our 2nd rounds to keep a potential trade Back up scenario alive. From what I understand Portland is looking for Perimeter help as well as PF and I would offer either Gee or Gibson if they would give us #6 and #11 for just #4. Portland looks to be my favorite trade partner for the Cavs because I believe they are in more of a Win now Mode and looking to add 1 quality rookie (Thomas Robinson or Beal in particular) and make the rest of their moves in free agency, Gibson would give them a 3 point shooter or can be used to free up some cap.

    Potential Draft Scenarios
    #6 Harrison Barnes
    #11 Jeremy Lamb/ Terrance Ross
    #33 Will Barton
    #34 Robert Sacre / Mason Plumlee

    #6 Barnes
    #11 Meyers Leonard/ Tyler Zeller (Drummond if his interviews are crap and he drops)
    #33 Will Barton
    #34 William Buford
    If Lamb would fall to the #11 pick I would be ecstatic to grab him, but if not I would pick Zeller.

    But honestly I hope Portland falls in love with a guy and wants to secure that they get him and trade both of our picks for #4 and Gee/Gibson. That would give us 3 picks in the first round and 2 in the second. Our draft could look like this

    #6 Barnes
    #11 Lamb/Zeller
    #24 Leanord/Ross
    #33 Lamb
    #34 Miller

    We could honestly walk away from the draft with 3 starters, and to solid role players. I think this would push us back into the playoffs. I think the Cavs roster would be like the Pistons from '04

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Marion Indiana
    Posts
    279
    vCash
    1500
    And Otto I find interesting Leonard. I haven't seen much of him, but from what I like what I read, an I think it will come down to how Grant and Scott view him mentally and also his work ethic.

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    52
    vCash
    1500
    What do you think of Royce White if he makes it to 24?? I saw him play in the tourney and he would not be a bad option to have coming off the bench with our second unit. Do we take a chance on Anthony Mason 2.0??

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Marion Indiana
    Posts
    279
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JE159 View Post
    What do you think of Royce White if he makes it to 24?? I saw him play in the tourney and he would not be a bad option to have coming off the bench with our second unit. Do we take a chance on Anthony Mason 2.0??
    I think we have plenty of PF on the team, we need wing players or centers

  5. #260
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,556
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JE159 View Post
    What do you think of Royce White if he makes it to 24?? I saw him play in the tourney and he would not be a bad option to have coming off the bench with our second unit. Do we take a chance on Anthony Mason 2.0??
    I think he is more of a Point Forward in the Lamar Odom mold just a tad smaller in height. He is very controlled and smooth on the court and is a very good ball handler that played the 1,2,3 and 4 at Iowa State and a lot of times was the man bringing the ball up. His outside shot and post moves can use work but from the 8 games I watched him this year (Live in Big 12 Land) he is able to get to the rim with ease. Also is suspect on defense at times too as it seems he gets lost if the ball isn't in front of him.

    I have a concern about his diagnosed fear of flying. Apparently it is very real and that is why he could drop out of the first round if he isn't able to properly explain that to FO's in the interview process.

    White's disorder already has altered his life once. He planned to transfer from Minnesota, his hometown school, to Kentucky, but had a panic attack at the thought of being on the plane to Lexington and called off the decision. He chose Iowa State, a 200-mile drive from the Twin Cities, instead.
    http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature...ite/index.html


    TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

  6. #261
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,556
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by chendong10 View Post
    God, how fast the momentum shifted in the playoffs! Just a few days ago," whether the Spurs would sweep through the playoffs to champion? Can someone beat this team?" And now, it is " the Spurs survival? " Ha ha ha ... I love the playoffs. Very fast relief.
    Good draft talk.


    TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    372
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    And Otto I find interesting Leonard. I haven't seen much of him, but from what I like what I read, an I think it will come down to how Grant and Scott view him mentally and also his work ethic.
    I like Leonard as well. Not just because I am an Illini fan. He reminds me of Roy Hibbert. Just played 2 years of college where Hibbert played 4. So he will still have some learning to do, but could be a good presence in paint. Pretty athletic guy as well.

    Also, in term of trading up for #2. Do you guys think that #4, both seconds and the Heat's first next year would get the job done? Id like to hang on to the 24 if at all possible and the Kings lottery protected pick. What do you guys think? I think MGK and Irving could be deadly. Then hope that Lamb or Leanard fall, or trade up to late teens to get one of them. Not sure if that is realistic, but I can dream.

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,556
    vCash
    1500
    The Cavaliers are "very high" on Harrison Barnes and could take him with the No. 4 overall pick, sources tell Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated.
    The Cavs need help on the wing after the disastrous Omri Casspi experiment, and it wouldn't be a shock to see Cleveland grab Barnes at fourth overall. As we've seen from general manager Chris Grant previously, he isn't afraid to pick who he feels will best fit his team for the future.
    http://rotoworld.com/playernews/nba/basketball

    I would imagine right now if this report is true that their big board probably looks as though:

    MKG
    Beal
    Barnes

    One of those three are going to be there at #4 and they might just assume that they are ok with one of those three to fall and keep their picks this year and in the future instead of trading up at least to #2. I still think they are going to try trading up from #24 to the teens somewhere.

    My ideal draft right now:

    4) MKG - Can only hope he falls due to Charlotte taking Robinson and Washington taking Beal as they took Singleton and Vesely last year at the 3 and I can't see them taking him to play the 2.

    #24 and #34 Traded to the Rockets for #16:

    #16) Meyers Leonard - Believe he can become a Rik Smits type of player. Low ceiling is Byron Mullens (That would be ugly but he has continued to grow as a player)

    #35) Doron Lamb - Falls due to other players potential such as a Will Barton. I have seen many mocks that have him anywhere from #20 to #40. Hard to get a read on him right now but would love to see him fall.


    TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

  9. #264
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    372
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    http://rotoworld.com/playernews/nba/basketball

    I would imagine right now if this report is true that their big board probably looks as though:

    MKG
    Beal
    Barnes

    One of those three are going to be there at #4 and they might just assume that they are ok with one of those three to fall and keep their picks this year and in the future instead of trading up at least to #2. I still think they are going to try trading up from #24 to the teens somewhere.

    My ideal draft right now:

    4) MKG - Can only hope he falls due to Charlotte taking Robinson and Washington taking Beal as they took Singleton and Vesely last year at the 3 and I can't see them taking him to play the 2.

    #24 and #34 Traded to the Rockets for #16:

    #16) Meyers Leonard - Believe he can become a Rik Smits type of player. Low ceiling is Byron Mullens (That would be ugly but he has continued to grow as a player)

    #35) Doron Lamb - Falls due to other players potential such as a Will Barton. I have seen many mocks that have him anywhere from #20 to #40. Hard to get a read on him right now but would love to see him fall.
    Would be VERY happy with that draft.

  10. #265
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    131
    vCash
    1500
    If they are interested in Harrison Barnes, I hope they would trade back with Portland:

    Portland receives: pick #4, pick #32, pick #33, and future 1st round pick(lottery protected)
    Cleveland receives: pick #6 and pick #11

    6. Harrison Barnes SF UNC
    11. Cody Zeller
    24. Doron Lamb SG Kentucky

    Thoughts?

  11. #266
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,556
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Insider View Post
    If they are interested in Harrison Barnes, I hope they would trade back with Portland:

    Portland receives: pick #4, pick #32, pick #33, and future 1st round pick(lottery protected)
    Cleveland receives: pick #6 and pick #11

    6. Harrison Barnes SF UNC
    11. Cody Zeller
    24. Doron Lamb SG Kentucky

    Thoughts?
    It's probably more that if Beal and MKG are gone then they would have no problem taking Barnes at #4. From what I have read which is a lot in the last week it seems that the team might be content with letting the draft come to them and probably stay at #4.

    •The Cavaliers' 33rd and 34th overall picks in the draft are expected to draw plenty of inquiries. The Clippers and Suns have displayed interest in the No. 34 pick, says Amico.
    •The Cavs are probably unlikely to move up or down from No. 4 overall in the draft. Rumors involving the Bobcats' pick (No. 2) or the Blazers' pick (No. 6) don't seem to have legs at this point.
    http://www.hoopsrumors.com/cleveland-cavaliers/


    TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,223
    vCash
    1500
    Rotoworld and Sports Illustrated are both reporting that the Cavs really like Harrision Barnes.
    OHIO STATE BASKETBALL
    NCAA CHAMPIONS: 1960
    NCAA Runner-Up: 1939, 1961, 1962, 2007
    Final Four: 1939, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1950, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1968, 2007, 2012
    #5 HAVLICEK #11 LUCAS #22 JACKSON #35 BRADDS

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,556
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cle12152433 View Post
    Rotoworld and Sports Illustrated are both reporting that the Cavs really like Harrision Barnes.
    Hate to knock you but way to follow the thread. LOL.


    TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    254
    vCash
    1500
    Lmao!

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    254
    vCash
    1500
    Happy with MKG, Beal, or Barnes... guaranteed at least one of them so no complaints from me! Just need KI to keep growing into a superstar!

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •