Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Draft

vCash
    Well they did what they needed to. Now hopefully the ping pong balls fall our way and we walkaway with Davis, Beal, MKG.

vCash
    CLEVELAND, Ohio -- It was a good day at the NBA office for the Cavaliers.

They won two tiebreakers that will improve their position in the upcoming NBA lottery on May 30 and draft on June 28.

In the first drawing, Cleveland (21-45) won a tiebreaker with New Orleans (21-45) and now ranks third, with 138 chances out of 1,000, for the No. 1 pick in the NBA lottery. New Orleans, now fourth, will have 137 chances. Even if three teams behind them move up in the lottery, the Cavs will pick no worse than sixth.

The Cavs won the lottery last spring and used the No. 1 pick to select Kyrie Irving, the likely Rookie of the Year.

In the second drawing, the Los Angeles Lakers (41-25) won a tiebreaker with the Memphis Grizzlies (41-25) and now have the No. 24 pick in the NBA draft, a pick that was sent to the Cavs in the trade for Ramon Sessions. Memphis now has the No. 25 pick.

The drawings were conducted earlier today in New York City by Carol Sawdye, NBA chief financial officer, and Dan Rube, NBA senior vice president and deputy general counsel. The tiebreak process was overseen by Martin Shannon, a partner in the accounting firm of Ernst & Young.

vCash
    Hope the Cavs get Davis, then MKG, then Beal, so pretty much like everyone else.

vCash

2012 Draft

I have a feeling that 3 spot is gonna be lucky !

vCash
    I can see it being lucky too, best chance of lottery never wins. But if they do win, imagine a forecourt of Davis, and Thompson for years to come, then Kyrie, Varejao, a shooter with LAs pick.

Thoughts?

vCash

2012 Draft

Even just moving up to #2 would be great. MKG is my boy !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name: View Post
    I can see it being lucky too, best chance of lottery never wins. But if they do win, imagine a forecourt of Davis, and Thompson for years to come, then Kyrie, Varejao, a shooter with LAs pick.

Thoughts?
    At best Thompson is a solid bench player for a contender. If he is your starting 4 this team is not contending.

vCash

Future So Bright

Depending on the pick how is this for the draft and future starting 5. Dont forget we have Miami's pick in 2013 also.

3. Drummond (play him at the 4/5)
    25. Fab Melo
    Package 33/35 to move up and get Terrence Ross/Jeremy Lamb

Roster
    PG Irving/Sloan
    SG Ross (R)
    SF Gee
    PF Drummond (R)/Thompson
    C Varajao/Melo (R)

That is rock solid....package both picks Target small forward James Mcadoo NC in 2013

vCash
    Lets say the cavs get the third pick and their options are between robinson, beal, barnes, MKG, drummand and barnes. I'd say their biggest needs are at center, sg, and sf. Out of the bunch i'd go with beal, MKG then drummand. Me personally i love MGK but the cavs need a scorer, where gilchrist will be an awsome player where ever he goes, but he isnt a scoring option just a plkyer that plays well while on the court. Drummond has the potential for a third pick, but weve seen big men with hype come and go hard to be certain, i c beal more of a complete player that he and irving can run their back court for the next 10 years. Also nexts years draft is again more forward loaded so if they get another top 10 pick they could have a chance at Noel, zeller, adams. Also with their later pick they could draft melo who has decent potential to be an nba center. Well have to c what comes when the ping pong balls fall and draft night, but i c beal being a good fit then MKG or drummand all players who will help the rebuild

vCash
    This offseason is important no matter what route the Cavaliers go.

http://www.wineandgoldreport.com/201...coin-flip.html

vCash
    Id like see draft go as follows.
    Harrison Barnes
    Festus Ezeli
    Kevin Jones
    Draymond Green

vCash
    I just hope they can get Davis somehow.

vCash

2012 Draft

I also wouldnt mind trading picks 34 & 33 to try and get another 1st, or even possibly packaging those 2 picks along with the lakers pick to get another pick in the 12-15 range possibly.

vCash
    Get someone like Lamb or Ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavs_Fan24 View Post
    I also wouldnt mind trading picks 34 & 33 to try and get another 1st, or even possibly packaging those 2 picks along with the lakers pick to get another pick in the 12-15 range possibly.
    I'd actually rather take the 4 picks this year as they are all before #40. If the Cavs draft correctly that could be 1 starter with three depth players. If anything I learned from this season it is that they need depth on this team badly and finding three key bench players would be a welcome right now or possibly hitting on the Lakers pick and getting 2 starters and two depth players. I am tired of seeing D-League players being brought up because the team gets injured and does not have the necessary depth to stick with.

The only players that are sure to come back next season are KI, TT, Andy, Casspi, Gee, Gibson and Luke Walton. They have no money invested in anyone else and Gee might not re-sign so he is still a maybe. Need depth but they should have plenty of money to try signing players if they do want to move around in the draft.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast