Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Crosby Balance is better, headaches remain

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/C...etter-46536103

"Crosby had good and bad news to report.

The balance issues that have been dogging Crosby appear to have dissolved.

"It's been good," Crosby said. "Today was good. That's been better."

However, the headaches remain.

Crosby put a positive spin on the headaches, which were triggered following a Dec. 5 game against Boston.

"The headaches are a little more tolerable than they were before," Crosby said. "If that wasn't the case, I wouldn't be skating."

Still, that the headaches have persisted for this long has been frustrating for Crosby. He is not on this weekend's trip but will skate this weekend.

Although he feels better, Crosby admitted that the concussion symptoms are noticeable in his everyday life, to say nothing of his hockey career.

"(It's) daily," Crosby said. "That's the tough part about it. You have days when you're getting a little better, and symptoms aren't as bad. Then you have days when they get worse. Not everyone is the same. It doesn't get consistently worse or consistently better. It's kind of a roller coaster. They're not fun. But I feel like I'm getting better. Anyone going through it, all you want is a little progress."

Crosby was very clear about one thing: He intends on playing again during the regular season.

A popular notion around the league is that general manager Ray Shero should place Crosby on long-term injured reserve, which would still allow Crosby to play in the Stanley Cup playoffs but not in the regular season. This would free money under the salary cap for the Penguins to make a significant trade.

Although Crosby said that decision belongs to "management," he didn't appear receptive to the idea.

"I'm trying to get back," Crosby said. "I'm hoping to get back as soon as possible. I'm not going to pretend I know when that is. Am I going to go (to Shero) and say I'm going to be ready in a month, or two weeks or a week? No."

But he does intend on returning.

"I wouldn't be going through all this if I didn't want to play as soon as possible," he said. "That's really all I'm worried about. I'm trying to get back as soon as I can."
    "

I dont know the article seems to say he wont be back but he will it is very confusing

vCash
    Like I have said multiple times before I am not going to take too much stock into the Crosby reports. When he comes back he comes back.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    ya i just posted it because it has been a while since any updates and this came from sid himself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    ya i just posted it because it has been a while since any updates and this came from sid himself
    I know its good to hear updates from him even if they are kind of confusing. This whole situation is just really confusing and at this point I wouldn't bet on him being back by any date. Seriously in my mind it seems likely we may end up talking about him returning in two weeks or we may end up talking about around the beginning of 2013. Both seem very possible to me.

This team can win with or without Sid. The only thing Sid does is provide the Pens with another way in which they can win the cup. That is not intended to be a knock on Sid but rather a testament to how good this team is.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    I agree he could be back in a week or next year. I want him back healthy where we never have to deal with this again whenever that is. If he comes ack this year it greatly improves our cup chance though.

vCash
    As much as I want him back to make a title run, long term health is most important. And not just for the sport.
    I think he should sit until next season. Scary to say but the team, as is, is capable of winning the Cup this year.

vCash
    I completely agree that long-term health is most important but at the same time, if he is cleared to play, he should. The first game back he could receive another concussion but then again, he could sit out a year and receive the same result. I'm not a doctor but if his medical team believes returning won't pose any future concerns, I don;t see the point in waiting