Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

vCash

Thanks Hal...for getting us some nice assets.

Hal Gill, who helped to mentor PK traded in what could be PGs only good move to date (although I was happy to see Cammy gone).

Hal Gill + cond. 5th Rd

for

2nd Rd + Blake Geoffrion + Robert Slaney

Now personally I would of been happy with the 2nd rounder or Geoffrion but both and Slaney (although he might never wear the CH).

Geoffrion will be a solid 2 way physical presence on the 4th line along with Ryan White on the other wing. The 2nd rounder in 2012, in a deep draft, could be traded or used to draft a nice prospect.

With Tinordi, Beaulieu coming up and PK, Gorges, Emelin, Diaz (maybe Markov, but lets forget him) being a decent top 4, its not a good move.

However I still want to see Kaberle and Campoli shipped off for a bag of pucks.

vCash
    I think you mean it is a good move.

Campoli should be shipped and I can only hope Kabs is gone by the deadline...

vCash
    yeah I am happy with the move. I liked Gill but to get a 2nd rounder + Geoffrion to center the 4th line (my mistake, I thought he was a winger) is pretty good.

Yeah Campoli will be gone, I bet Chicago gets him for a 2nd rounder, if PG is actually awake for once. As for Kaberle, man he is bad. Maybe Burke and the Laffs will take him back.

vCash
    I would have considered just getting the 2nd rounder a steal. Excellent move.

vCash
    We're getting bigger up front...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    We're getting bigger up front...
    And it showed against Boston the other night. I thought we banged the **** outta them.

Tonight in Buffalo as well, out hitting them by a wide margin after 2.

About frickin time.

vCash
    Yeah and when you start looking at some of the young guys, even Eller and Leblanc have biggish frames and can fill out more. Could be a good mix soon. Still need a big time winger.

vCash
    We won a shootout... wow

vCash
    Yeah I think Eller is gonna be a good solid 60 point 2nd line 2 way center for years to come, well once he gets the ice time and wingers to play with. A
    4th line of Schultz-Geoffrion-White aint too bad either. Its funny that some leaf and bruin fans think that the Habs are soft. Emelin is a beast on D, reminds me of Stevens with his open ice hits. Forwards will think twice coming in on him. Add Tinordi to the mix in the next few years and as you said Leblanc to the 2 or 3 line, maybe Kristo, the Habs will be fast, hard and tough (haha). Selling out for a top 5 this year and I think the Habs are good shape moving forward. Tinordi, Leblanc, PK, Eller, Price, Beaulieu, Pleks, Desharnais (I take back earlier criticisim, he has excelled with the 2 big wingers), Pax, Emelin, Diaz (decent 5,6), Kristo (I think he has tools), Schultz (made for the 4th line). Man if the Habs got Yakopov or Grigorenko (Ovechkin or Malkin v2?). Its too bad PG is gonna get some credit.
    Go Habs