• 10 years

4 7.84%
  • 15 or more

2 3.92%
Page 202 of 257 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3848

Thread: The CFL Thread

Burris and Glenn trade teams

We really need to get some new Quarterback blood into the CFL. Burris to Hamilton and Glenn back to Calgary. Looks like Glenn is going as a back up and Burris as the starter. Who got the best of this deal!

Hello, anyone out there? Thought there would be some interest in this trade? OH well, see it as good for Calgary. With Tate and Glenn, pretty solid. Probably best 1-2 punch in the CFL.

I saw this and forgot to comment. Just a weird trade in general but I'm excited about Burris. Hopefully he can push the Cats over the hill and into a championship game. Glenn wasn't good enough for us at the end of the day.

The Cats need something to get them over the hump. Burris could be what they need. My only concern is his age, and was last year just a hic cup or is he on the downward slide!

I am a Hamilton fan and I think we won this trade, but not by much. With Glenn we knew what we had, and what we had isn't a huge improvement with Burris. We get Burris, to start, and they get Glenn to backup. Think thats the only way we won this trade, both needed fresh starts, although I don't think Glenn will see much time in Calgary.

Just hoping Cortez and Smilin Hank can get some of that old magic back.
    IMO we didn't get worse, but as of now we didnt get any better with Burris, with that being said he is one year off his MOP year and Calgary is basically saying one bad year and he is done for good.
    Head of the Bandwagon to make tunnicliffderek the Miami Dolphins Manager, Guaranteeing us another 72' season

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i would trade our first,our 1st next yr and cam wake for aj green.Locker isnt a project hed start day one
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i think cutler is worth 2 1st rounders and a 3rd thats just me though

I see Calgary signed Tate to an extension, so Glenn looks like a capable back up. Burris will be good for Hamilton in the short term, but not a longterm fix.

I always was surprised he never 'broke' out for the Jags when he was in the NFL. Loved this kid at Hawaii

Good move for both teams

Free Agency

Any thoughts on the moves made so far. Nice to see January is staying in Winnipeg. A real nice team guy! I don't know what Sask paid for LaBatte but I heard the Blue were willing to go a 1/2 a million for 3 years, which he apparantly sluffed off!
    Last edited by wagnall; 02-16-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Free Agency

Sorry puy up wrong thread. Its not trade deadline. Me bad, but still happy January decided to stay in Winnipeg, and LaBatte turned down 1/2 m over 3 years from the Blue, wonder what Sask. gave him.

Could a Mod close this thread, put it up by mistake, ment Free Agent. Thanks I put up a new one. Got to give my head a shake!

Saw the Ticats cut Coborne a few days ago. That was kind of a weird move for me. Also, they hired Jermaine Copeland to be their receiver coach after he retired from Toronto.

Saw the Ticats cut Coborne a few days ago. That was kind of a weird move for me. Also, they hired Jermaine Copeland to be their receiver coach after he retired from Toronto.

League Leading Rusher Heading to Miami

Jerome Messam is now a member of the Miami Dolphins.

The Edmonton Eskimos officially announced the tailback signed a contract with the Dolphins Tuesday.

Reports late Saturday said the CFL's outstanding Canadian last year signed with Miami. However hours later a league source confirmed that while Messam had a copy of the contract in his possession he hadn't signed it and didn't finalize the deal until Tuesday.

That left the 26-year-old Messam technically still under contract with the Eskimos. However, he was in the option year of his CFL deal and had until Thursday to sign with an NFL club.

Messam was one of the few remaining CFL players still with a window to sign NFL deals while in their option as he signed his present deal prior to the CFL's latest collective bargaining agreement in 2010. That deal called for the option window to be eliminated following February 2012.

"We knew he was meeting with Miami and that this was certainly a distinct possibility," Eskimos GM Eric Tillman said in a team statement. "As he leaves Edmonton, we want to thank Jerome for his significant contributions to our success in 2011 and we wish him the very best in Miami."

Messam joins former Hamilton Tiger-Cats wide receiver and kick returner Marcus Thigpen in Miami. Thigpen signed a contract with the Dolphins earlier this off-season.

Financial details of the three-year deal -- including any potential signing bonus -- weren't immediately available. But the NFL rookie minimum salary in 2012 will be US$390,000, which is significantly more than what Messam would make this season in Edmonton.

Messam enjoyed a banner 2011 campaign with Edmonton, becoming the first Canadian since 2000 to crack the 1,000-yard rushing plateau. The six-foot-three, 245-pound Toronto native, who grew up in Brampton, Ont., ran for 1,057 yards and was named the CFL's outstanding Canadian as well as a league all-star.

Messam's season ended in the West Division semifinal when he suffered a torn meniscus in his knee that required surgery.

Edmonton acquired Messam from the B.C. Lions prior to the start of the 2011 season for a 2013 fifth-round selection.

Despite his immense talent, Messam wore out his welcome in Vancouver due to a series of transgressions that culminated in a suspension by the CFL team prior to being dealt to Edmonton.

In 2010, he broke former Lions' teammate Paris Jackson's jaw in a dressing-room fight and received a suspended sentence and fine for an altercation in a London, Ont., nightclub.

But Messam took full advantage of his second chance with Edmonton under first-year head coach Kavis Reed. If Messam signs with Miami, his departure means the Eskimos have to open the 2012 season with neither Messam nor quarterback Ricky Ray, who was dealt to the Toronto Argonauts earlier this off-season.

With Messam officially on his way to Miami, that leaves the Eskimos with Hugh Charles and versatile Canadian Calvin McCarty to play tailback.

As well, there are such veterans as Avon Cobourne, Wes Cates and Joffrey Reynolds who were released earlier this off-season by their respective clubs and have yet to sign.
    Sucks for the CFL.

Also, Fantuz has apparently narrowed it down to the Ticats and the Riders for who he will play on. Hope its the Cats.