Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Kubs

vCash

Kubs

I was just listening to the NHL radio on XM.

Stevie Y was on and said that Kubs won't be suiting up again in a Bolts uniform.

And that there are at least two others that may be held out and not play again until they are traded but did not elaborate.

He also said he is going after picks and "building for the future"

Again I raise the concern that two of our best players probobly won't be around that much longer.

I know we have all been through a lot of "rebuilding" and I know that Steve Y is trying to put his mark on the team.

But darn it I wanted to win another cup in the near future. Like this or next year near future.

He said he won't do a firesale ... but hey can't we at least trade off the Malone before Kubs? (With Malone its that darn contract and the fact he underpreforms when we all know he can do better)

vCash
    I'd say Malone along with Kubina will both be gone by the deadline.

As for others, Brett Clark, Matt Gilroy, Dwayne Roloson...all UFAs...I believe those would be difficult to move at the deadline (in Rollies case, impossible), so they will more n likely be allowed to walk away during the off season.

The one name that worries me that I've heard that may be on the block is Steve Downie.

Downie has come a long way in his short time in the NHL....from NHL cement head with a penchant for cheap shots, to a guy who has shown he CAN play the game....though he still has his temper and toughness, it is ALOT more controlled now.

He has seen time with the Bolts top line, and just seems to improve on his game more and more, month after month....and he is only 24 still, and still only makes less than 2 mil per.....
    Not saying Downie should be a permanent fixture on the top lines, but he at least is a solid third liner with scoring ability, CAN play on the scoring lines, and get PP minutes.
    Plus, he is one of the few on the team that can actually drop the mitts effectively....Vinnie being the other, but no one really wants Lecavalier doing that sort of thing on a regular basis.

I say Downie still has a bit of a higher ceiling than most people think he does, given what he has shown on the ice (playing wise) and his age. The guy really is more than just a fighter/agitator.

vCash
    I want Malone and Kubina gone at this point, Malone more so though. I too don't want to see Downie shipped out, he's a solid young player and if we're building for the future, it makes no sense to move him. Unless the future we're building for is 2015 and beyond...

vCash
    I would hate to see Downie go anywhere, however he is another guy who Boucher doesn't seem to have much of a place for.

I would hate to see him go anywhere. I and most of the fans love the guy. Mostly because of the passion he shows out there on the ice.