Not even close...

The expectations are visible behind Dwight Howard in LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Pippen top 5?

Lol.
    yup. that is rite pippen at number 5

vCash
    Nope... couldn't beat the best while he was playing. He won his two when the undisputed number 1 team was out.

If he would've beaten the Bulls a couple times and ended with 4 titles, then you would have a pretty nice argument.

He's not even the best center of all-time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye15 View Post
    nope. Top 10 easily. But not the best player of all time. I would be hard pressed to rank him inside the top 5.
    +1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Nope... couldn't beat the best while he was playing. He won his two when the undisputed number 1 team was out.

If he would've beaten the Bulls a couple times and ended with 4 titles, then you would have a pretty nice argument.

how can you hold that against him then? no one else beat MJ and then when he was gone, no one beat hakeem. shouldnt that work in hakeem's favor?
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRMAR72 View Post
    yup. that is rite pippen at number 5
    You are entitled to your opion, have luck finding basically anybody out there that agrees with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beliges View Post
    Some people also immortalize the past and completely exaggerated some of the former players as if they never did anything wrong on the court. Hakeem was certainly a great player. One of the bests ever, but not a chance he's ranked higher than Kareem, Shaq or Wilt. Duncan you can certainly throw in there too.
    how old are you,have you ever seen kareem play do you remember shaq playing with the magics going up against the dream and the rockets? how about a younger timmy D along with the admiral david robinson challenging the dream and the rockets look athlete from past were just better not all of them but some even the music from the 60s 70s 80s mid 90s are better than music playing today from rockband to rap groups baseball and football players todays guys are faster jump higher and are more educated on taking care of they body

9. 02-17-2012, 01:35 PM
    Reason
    duplicate user

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorPeppers View Post
    1. Michael Jordan
    2. Hakeem Olajuwon
    3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    4. Shaquille O'Neal
    5. Kobe Bryant
    6. Larry Bird
    7. Wilt Chamberlain
    8. Oscar Robertson
    9. Patrick Ewing
    10. Tim Duncan
    11. Karl Malone
    12. Magic Johnson
    13. Moses Malone
    14. Charles Barkley
    15. Bill Russell
    Patrick Ewing at 9? Really man?

vCash
    1. MJ
    2. Hakeem
    3. Kareem
    4. Magic
    5. Oscar Robertson
    6. Bird
    7. Russell
    8. Duncan
    9. Chamberlain
    10. Shaquille

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post

Michael and Olajuwon never faced each other in the playoffs.

It's not olajuwons fault the best player he played with was a past his prime clyde drexler. Of all the finals winners, hakeem had the least help around him in the modern era.

Also, Michael said one of the people that guarded him the best was vernon maxwell. It would have been interesting to see a finals between jordan and olajuwon with vernon maxwell guarding jordan for 7 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    how can you hold that against him then? no one else beat MJ and then when he was gone, no one beat hakeem. shouldnt that work in hakeem's favor?
    Nah, I don't look at it like that. It's not even like Hakeem lost directly to Jordan either. He couldn't even get to the finals to play him.

Your argument would work more if you were trying to back-up Malone.

No one beat Hakeem? a ton of teams beat Hakeem. He "only" made two finals. They beat him every year except two. He did make 2 finals, and won both, but are you arguing that he was the 2nd best player of his generation? That I could agree with, I guess... but definitely not the 2nd best of all time.

Starting with the 80's

1.Magic
    2.Bird
    3. Kareem

90's
    1.MJ
    2.Hakeem

00's
    1.Shaq/Kobe
    2.Kobe/Shaq
    3.Duncan

all-time... this is w/o me putting much thought into it

1.MJ
    2.Magic
    3.Bird
    4.Shaq
    5.Kareem
    6.Duncan
    7.Kobe
    8.Hakeem
    9.Oscar
    10.Russell

EDIT-realized I already forgot wilt in my top 10... so take that list with a grain of salt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tr3ymill3r View Post
    One of the few guys to drop a quadruple-double.
    Who are the other ones?

vCash
    1.Kareem
    2.Shaq
    3.Wilt
    4.Hakeem
    5.Russell

2nd best of all time? laughable. Magic, those 3 centers above, Bird, Kobe, Duncan, Jerry West all say hi

vCash
    What does MJ mean when he says "People dont realize he was top7 in steals"? Does he really believe we lack the ability to do what he had to do to realize Dreams ranks? LOL

Anyways, MJ can have his reasons for choosing Dream what he doesnt provide any context. He says if hes building a team but is he building it for 1 year or for an entire career?

For 1 year, Dream at his best was as good as any center, there is no problem going with PRIME Dream as one of the greatest ever, hell I would agree with MJ in taking him over any other, especially when your building a team around MJ (Which he no doubt is doing when he thinks of players he would play for).

Where Dream falls short is in the career department. As I have said before, most young people have this weird idea that Dream was some 2-way monster throughout, the truth is that Dream wasnt an elite offensive player early in his career and he struggled with his passing, even his post moves werent up to sniff yet (tho he always had that quickness).

So while I consider Dream the greatest defender to ever play, he did have an offensive prime and a defensive prime, with the 2 overlapping for a few years.

Hes still in my Top4 Centers list, all of the top 4 centers have faults so its hard to say any one of them is clearly better.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast