Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 92
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,084
    vCash
    1500
    what would be a more worthy thread is the question if Dwight howard would even be a top 5 center in the 90s

    which the answer is no. but it'd make for more interesting discussion than this.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,730
    vCash
    1500
    there are plenty of players who consider Dream the greatest C to play the game. Both Jordan and Bryant share this view-point.

    Jordans words were very respectful towards Dream, I liked reading that.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    905
    vCash
    1500
    he is not even the second greatest center of all time, people say he dominated kareem in shaq are for some reason ignoring the fact that kareem had already been in the NBA for 15 years or that shaq was still very young. thats not to take anything away from him as he was a GREAT player but i just dont see the argument for 2nd best ever.
    Panic. It crept up my spine like first rising vibes of an acid frenzy. There I was. Alone in Las Vegas, completely twisted on drugs, no cash, no story for the magazine, and on top of everything else, a gigantic god damned hotel bill to deal with.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    83
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    there are plenty of players who consider Dream the greatest C to play the game. Both Jordan and Bryant share this view-point.

    Jordans words were very respectful towards Dream, I liked reading that.
    Yup, I read a couple days ago Jordan was asked who he would want to play with and he picked Hakeem because he said Hakeem could do it all, had the skill set of a guard etc. I believe at one point Jordan even called Hakeem the greatest player on the earth.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    83
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    what would be a more worthy thread is the question if Dwight howard would even be a top 5 center in the 90s

    which the answer is no. but it'd make for more interesting discussion than this.
    I wish we could have seen Dwight in the 90s .. I guarantee he wouldn't have won 3 (probably soon to be 4) defensive player of the year awards. I wonder what he would average against all the great big men and if he would still have such a soft playful care free attitude that he has today. He never had that killer instinct that say Shaq had when it was truly needed. Shaq's Finals MVP numbers speak for themself.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Invalid
    Posts
    1,377
    vCash
    1500
    I always thought Wilt Chamberlain was the best besides MJ...

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,134
    vCash
    1500
    My opinion is

    1. Jordan
    2. Magic
    3. Hakeem
    4. Kareem
    5. Shaq
    6. Bird

    Then I have no idea.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,084
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJordan23 View Post
    I wish we could have seen Dwight in the 90s .. I guarantee he wouldn't have won 3 (probably soon to be 4) defensive player of the year awards. I wonder what he would average against all the great big men and if he would still have such a soft playful care free attitude that he has today. He never had that killer instinct that say Shaq had when it was truly needed. Shaq's Finals MVP numbers speak for themself.
    its funny because dwight wouldn't even be a top 5 center IMO. 5 centers in the 90s averaged more blocks and equal or more rebounds than dwight.

    dwight wouldn't have won 1 DPOY award in the 90s

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,730
    vCash
    1500
    is anyone surprised that MJ and Bryant consider Dream to be the #1 center of all-time? i'm not.

    IMO, this is because of his work ethic, dedication to fundamentals, and his championship drive. bryant and MJ both respect a guy who was a total defensive work-horse, even if he wasn't being 'fed' on offense. As they say, 'big dog' protected the house no matter what, and he didn't let ego get in the way of that like several other all time greats at Center. as the two greatest SG's in NBA history, it shouldn't be surprising at all to see them favor a C with those characteristics, considering their games, considering their egos.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,845
    vCash
    1500
    Thank you Jordan for backing me up. I've been saying it for years that Olajuwon is the most complete big man. He could dominate a game on both ends of the court, which you can't really say about other bigmen that have played before him or since. Offensively he was like tim duncan, but better and more agile. Defensively he was like kevin garnett and dwight howard combined

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the depths of the Dunabi Jungle
    Posts
    11,225
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by juggla53 View Post
    he is not even the second greatest center of all time, people say he dominated kareem in shaq are for some reason ignoring the fact that kareem had already been in the NBA for 15 years or that shaq was still very young. thats not to take anything away from him as he was a GREAT player but i just dont see the argument for 2nd best ever.
    im a huge hakeem fan but i dont know if he's #2 all time. great arguments for a lot of players.

    i do think however that its unfortunate that shaq played when he did. When he hit his prime and just completely dominated with the lakers, who were the other great centers (in their primes) he had to compete with? i'd have loved to see a prime shaq against prime hakeem, ewing, robinson, etc
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    make a case? of course.

    be considered by someone? Of course.


    win the case? no, not really.

    Its easier to argue him as not top 10 than to argue him as second.
    Both things can be done.
    None would be accurate imo.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,134
    vCash
    1500
    i don"t care if i get bashed ridiculously hard on this but I consider Wilt Chamberlain the greatest player of all time with MJ behind him, Wilt would literally choose what category he wanted to lead the league in on a given year points, rebounds, assists it didn't matter...he actually led the entire league in assists one year, it didn't matter he was that dominate, he averaged 50 points a game one season! and averaged 22.9 rebounds a game for his career, and don"t bring up oh it was a different time I guarantee he would DOMINATE! in today's game...and once again bash me all you wont this is just my singular opinion just like everyone on this website has extreme biased opinions this is mine, so back on topic no at best his is number 3 all time...

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,730
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theducksmuggler View Post
    i don"t care if i get bashed ridiculously hard on this but I consider Wilt Chamberlain the greatest player of all time with MJ behind him, Wilt would literally choose what category he wanted to lead the league in on a given year points, rebounds, assists it didn't matter...he actually led the entire league in assists one year, it didn't matter he was that dominate, he averaged 50 points a game one season! and averaged 22.9 rebounds a game for his career, and don"t bring up oh it was a different time I guarantee he would DOMINATE! in today's game...and once again bash me all you wont this is just my singular opinion just like everyone on this website has extreme biased opinions this is mine, so back on topic no at best his is number 3 all time...
    some people considered Wilt the GOAT before MJ. Wilt would have no doubt dominated in any era, but he wouldn't have averaged 50 points in the modern era. the pace simply wouldn't have allowed it.

    Pace Factor (available since the 1973-74 season in the NBA); the formula is 48 * ((Tm Poss + Opp Poss) / (2 * (Tm MP / 5))). Pace factor is an estimate of the number of possessions per 48 minutes by a team. (Note: 40 minutes is used in the calculation for the WNBA.)
    His points would have maintained similar per game impact, but as far as how they registered in a point per game perspective, his best years would have likley been between 34-39. I doubt his prime self would have averaged 40+ from 1980 or later, simply because the game slowed down, and there less possessions per game. Less possessions equates to less points. But again, the points would have carried the same impact; they'd only differ on a counting per game average.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,134
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    some people considered Wilt the GOAT before MJ. Wilt would have no doubt dominated in any era, but he wouldn't have averaged 50 points in the modern era. the pace simply wouldn't have allowed it.



    His points would have maintained similar per game impact, but as far as how they registered in a point per game perspective, his best years would have likley been between 34-39. I doubt his prime self would have averaged 40+ from 1980 or later, simply because the game slowed down, and there less possessions per game. Less possessions equates to less points. But again, the points would have carried the same impact; they'd only differ on a counting per game average.
    i understand he wouldnt average 50 a game but 34-39 points a game using highend statistics proves to me that he would of DOMINATED todays game and with todays centers i think he would be averaging 50 points a game ahahah

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •