Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    He was unbelievable. If you take into account how great his defense was, and how at times he was completely unstoppable offensively, I think you can argue that he may be the best center ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marvILLous View Post
    yea hakeem dusted shaq's *** but he was like 22 yrs old..

they were both great in their own ways but you can't say they aren't comparable.. they were both the most dominant centers in the league during their primes, so in the end it pretty much depends on preference when talking about who was more dominant
    Hakeem was a much better defensive player, shot blocker, better post moves, much better free throw shooter, 7th all time in steals, just clearly an all around better player. Also, Hakeem never played with the likes of a Kobe or Wade. He did play with an aging Drexler and an aging Barkley which just isn't the same.

vCash
    1.Jordan
    2.kareem
    3.hakeem
    4.magic
    5.shaq
    6.bird
    7.kobe

thats my list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorPeppers View Post
    Hakeem was a much better defensive player, shot blocker, better post moves, much better free throw shooter, 7th all time in steals, just clearly an all around better player. Also, Hakeem never played with the likes of a Kobe or Wade. He did play with an aging Drexler and an aging Barkley which just isn't the same.
    you're right, hakeem was more skilled and a better defensive player but offensively, nothing compares to shaq lol. keem may have had better post moves but shaq put up 27-30 PPG on a regular basis (and that's with kobe, AND sucky free throw shooting). even with defenses swarming him he put up monster numbers.. and with all the attention he caught it opened up the floor for the rest of his team.. that just shows how dominant he was.

sure he had kobe/wade but a championship team runs deeper than 2 players. if you go 8-9 players deep into say.. the 95 rockets and 01 lakers.. the rockets look much more balanced and deeper.. plus, an aging drexler was still pretty good too lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marvILLous View Post
    you're right, hakeem was more skilled and a better defensive player but offensively, nothing compares to shaq lol. keem may have had better post moves but shaq put up 27-30 PPG on a regular basis (and that's with kobe, AND sucky free throw shooting). even with defenses swarming him he put up monster numbers.. and with all the attention he caught it opened up the floor for the rest of his team.. that just shows how dominant he was.

sure he had kobe/wade but a championship team runs deeper than 2 players. if you go 8-9 players deep into say.. the 95 rockets and 01 lakers.. the rockets look much more balanced and deeper.. plus, an aging drexler was still pretty good too lol.
    Just to back you up on that little bit...

Shaq's finals MVP stats:

2000 -- Shaquille O'Neal, L.A. Lakers
    Averaged 38.0 points, 16.7 rebounds and 2.67 blocks to lead the Lakers to a 4-2 victory over the Indiana Pacers and the franchise’s first NBA Championship since 1988. O’Neal’s best Finals performances came at the Staples Center with 43 points, 19 rebounds in Game #1, 40 points, 24 rebounds in Game #2 and 41 points, 12 rebounds in Game #6.

2001 -- Shaquille O'Neal, L.A. Lakers
    Averaged 33.0 points, 15.6 rebounds and 3.40 blocks to lead the Lakers to a 4-1victory over the Philadelphia 76ers and the franchise’s second consecutive NBA Championship. O’Neal’s best Finals performances came at the Staples Center with 44 points, 20 rebounds and five assists in Game #1, 28 points, 20 rebounds and nine assists in Game #2 and 34 points, 14 rebounds in Game #4.

2002 -- Shaquille O'Neal, L.A. Lakers
    Averaged 36.3 points, 12.3 rebounds and 2.75 blocks to lead the Lakers to a sweep of the New Jersey Nets and the franchise’s third consecutive NBA Championship. O’Neal’s best Finals performances came at the Staples Center with 36 points, 16 rebounds and four blocks in Game #1, 40 points, 12 rebounds and eight assists in Game #2, 35 points, 11 rebounds and four blocks in Game #3.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    i dunno, id personally take hakeem and shaq over wilt.

vCash
    Yes you can make an argument.

vCash
    Give me magic and bird way way before you talk about anyone else. I also still think Ewing before his knees went out was a better player. Just as good if not better on d and a better shooter. If not for Jordan Ewing dominates the NBA for a few years. Don't cite the championship over Ewing as some kind of success. If not for Starks the Knicks win that series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    Give me magic and bird way way before you talk about anyone else. I also still think Ewing before his knees went out was a better player. Just as good if not better on d and a better shooter. If not for Jordan Ewing dominates the NBA for a few years. Don't cite the championship over Ewing as some kind of success. If not for Starks the Knicks win that series.
    I wish I could agree, Ewing is BY FAR my favorite basketball player of all time and tied for first with Julius Peppers as my favorite athletes of all time. But I have to admit Hakeem was better than Ewing, not a lot though. Just like Reggie White was a little bit better than Julius Peppers. But I would still take Ewing or Peppers today on my teams over Olajuwon or White.

vCash
    no. hes not even the 2nd best center of all time. hes not even top 5. maybe top 10 which in its self is pretty good

vCash
    C'mon really?

vCash
    All this peppers guy does is quote random websites and use their opinions as facts, this is ridiculous .. if i quota a website claiming brian scalabrine or mike james is the GOAT or 2nd GOAT can I make a dumb thread too?

vCash
    He stated his own opinion and then quote Michael Jordan and Shaq to show their opinions. It's not like he quoted some random blog or sports writer.
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    He was a great center but not the second best that goes to magic then kareem I mean the has the most points scored by any player ever,then after that its debateable in my opinion ofcourse.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast