Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 1006
  1. #976
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,424
    vCash
    1500
    I gotta tell you guys Laws is absolutely horrible you guys just picked up a bench player at best he didn't do **** in philly for 4 straight years. What a complete bust the rams will end up cutting his sorry *** after they watch him get blown up by offensive linemen all training camp.

  2. #977
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15,724
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 76erEaglePhils View Post
    I gotta tell you guys Laws is absolutely horrible you guys just picked up a bench player at best he didn't do **** in philly for 4 straight years. What a complete bust the rams will end up cutting his sorry *** after they watch him get blown up by offensive linemen all training camp.
    thanks
    BETTER THAN LAST YEAR!!!

  3. #978
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,157
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 76erEaglePhils View Post
    I gotta tell you guys Laws is absolutely horrible you guys just picked up a bench player at best he didn't do **** in philly for 4 straight years. What a complete bust the rams will end up cutting his sorry *** after they watch him get blown up by offensive linemen all training camp.
    That's okay, we've been starting "bench players at best" at DT for years...

  4. #979
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    12,831
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bda28 View Post
    With the 31st ranked run defense, I don't think you can say "he's not that bad" toward any DT on the Rams last year...
    Preach


  5. #980
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    14,422
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bda28 View Post
    With the 31st ranked run defense, I don't think you can say "he's not that bad" toward any DT on the Rams last year...
    Yurp!

    Sucks to hear that Laws isn't that great

    GO METS; RAMS; ISLES; KNICKS; NOTRE DAME; UCONN!; AC Milan!

    The One and Only "LEGATRON"

  6. #981
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,157
    vCash
    1500
    I figured he wouldn't be...Philly's run defense wasn't exactly all that great either. But it sounds like a cheap one-year deal, so it's probably more of just bringing in bodies, as I can't think of anyone other than Langford (and it looks like Gibson was re-signed as well) under contract right now...

  7. #982
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    nor-cal
    Posts
    4,857
    vCash
    1500
    According to Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, a league source said there are a handful of teams interested in trading for Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace. Less than 24 hours later, news leaked that Wallace doesn’t intend on showing up to any of the Steelers’ offseason activities in protest of his first-round tender.

    It isn’t by coincidence that the news was leaked that Wallace doesn’t plan to sign his restricted free agent tender by the April 20 deadline only weeks before the draft, it is strategy.

    Even though Bus Cook’s plan of planting information that his client would be a major player in the restricted free agent market this year because of the new CBA rule that requires only a first-round pick as compensation rather than a first and a third backfired, that doesn’t mean this tactic won’t.

    There was no way that any team would give up a first-round pick for Wallace along with signing him to a lucrative long-term contract on the RFA market, and that became apparent early on.

    However, it is very attractive to teams to try to get Wallace via a trade because it would definitely command less than a first-round pick it would’ve cost them on the RFA market.

    Wallace would likely command a higher pick than a fifth, but the Steelers have to consider any offer that comes. Plus, it would be much easier to explain a trade of a disgruntled employee than a model employee, and Bus Cook knows that hence yesterday’s report.

    It’s becoming clearer that the Steelers aren’t going to offer Wallace enough money for him to forgo testing the free agent mark next year.

    The Steelers aren’t going to franchise him, either.

    The franchise tag was $9.4 million this year, but will most certainly go up next year following the big contracts of Calvin Johnson ($16.5 million a year) and Vincent Jackson ($11 million a year) last month.

    It’s already been reported that Wallace wants Larry Fitzgerald-type money – 8 years, $120 million.

    That’s not going to happen here.

    What the Steelers have to decide is whether having Wallace for this year is worth losing a possible third or fourth-round draft choice another team is willing to part with in a trade.

    If it is, then they will keep him.

    If it isn’t, they will trade him.

  8. #983
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    12,831
    vCash
    1500
    I'd give a mid-rounder for him but we can't afford his contract


  9. #984
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    14,422
    vCash
    1500
    Knux you see Keither Rivers got traded for a 5th rounder?

    GO METS; RAMS; ISLES; KNICKS; NOTRE DAME; UCONN!; AC Milan!

    The One and Only "LEGATRON"

  10. #985
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,462
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    I'd give a mid-rounder for him but we can't afford his contract
    Why would the Steelers even consider that? They get a 3rd round pick if he walks after next year.

    I'd give up a 2nd rounder - but it's irrelevant, since we no longer have the cap space to sign him. Which sucks, since WR should have been our first priority.

  11. #986
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    12,831
    vCash
    1500
    Because they're not going to tag him cuz they can't afford the 10-11 mil it would cost to keep him. They either take what they can get now or he walks!


  12. #987
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,462
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    Because they're not going to tag him cuz they can't afford the 10-11 mil it would cost to keep him. They either take what they can get now or he walks!
    They didn't tag him at the franchise level this year. I think they're only on the hook for 3 million or so this year - and he has no leverage to leave, unless he agrees to a contract and the team he goes to gives uo a first round pick.

    Next year - if he walks, through the compensation program for losing free agents, the Steelers get a 3rd round pick.

    So they keep their pro-bowler this year, and at worst - get a 3rd round pick next year if they fail to sign him long term. I see no motivation for the Steelers to accept anything below a 3rd round pick - unless he becomes a cancer that has to be excised right away.

  13. #988
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15,724
    vCash
    1500
    sucks they wont just trade him to us... **** i'll give a 3rd and cut jason smith's *** right now for him
    BETTER THAN LAST YEAR!!!

  14. #989
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    12,831
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PolloLoco View Post
    They didn't tag him at the franchise level this year. I think they're only on the hook for 3 million or so this year - and he has no leverage to leave, unless he agrees to a contract and the team he goes to gives uo a first round pick.

    Next year - if he walks, through the compensation program for losing free agents, the Steelers get a 3rd round pick.

    So they keep their pro-bowler this year, and at worst - get a 3rd round pick next year if they fail to sign him long term. I see no motivation for the Steelers to accept anything below a 3rd round pick - unless he becomes a cancer that has to be excised right away.
    They didn't have to tag him he was tendered as a RFA at a first Round level. Noone is going to give them a first. They have no cap space to even sign draft picks from what I've read. Hell get 2.94 this year I believe at that level but next year if they rag him hell get near 12! They can't afford him at that salary. They're kinda screwed cuz if they tag him they have to pay him and at thst salary he won't fetch much at all in trade! So ya there is some motivation


  15. #990
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,462
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    They didn't have to tag him he was tendered as a RFA at a first Round level. Noone is going to give them a first. They have no cap space to even sign draft picks from what I've read. Hell get 2.94 this year I believe at that level but next year if they rag him hell get near 12! They can't afford him at that salary. They're kinda screwed cuz if they tag him they have to pay him and at thst salary he won't fetch much at all in trade! So ya there is some motivation
    The only motivation is if they absolutely didn't want to pay him 3 million this year, which is ridiculous for a young pro-bowler. Otherwise, the NFL's compensation pick for losing a free agent of his caliber, guarantees the Steelers a 3rd rounder next year if he walks. I really doubt a 3 million dollar savings this year will cause the Steelers to take a 3rd round pick or lower in trade.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •