• Profar

40 44.44%
  • Taveras

28 31.11%
  • Other (Post)

22 24.44%
Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'd like to see hittracker weigh in on this.

vCash
    That was absolutely murdered

vCash
    Heh, most Dodgers top prospects are pitchers

dont know how to feel about that.
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    Started from the bottom (30-42, June 1st)
    Now we're here! (92-70, End of Season)
    National League Division Series Champs

vCash
    Well to be fair the Dodgers have no true top prospects.
    Last edited by Nomar; 01-08-2013 at 03:01 PM.

vCash
    I'm a little late to the party, but I think Ackley and Smoak are going to be fine. Playing in Seattle certainly doesn't help, but they both have the talent levels to put it together. On top of it, Ackley plays plus defense, so at least he has that going for him for now.

I think it was just the "sophomore slump" for Ackley. Smoak, I'm not so sure about. I'd expect .255/.320/.385-.400 from Ackley if he gets 600 PA, about the middle of his 2011 and 2012.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Well to be fair the Dodgers have to true top prospects.
    Also, this. I'm curious to see when their rebuild will begin. They have assembled a pretty damn good team at the MLB level right now, but outside of pitching, they just don't really have any impact guys. Eventually, they'll need to get younger.

With this TV deal and all the money their ownership has, maybe they'll become a newer version of the Yankees and just retool and keep spending money. It could become a very exciting decade in LA.

vCash
    Ackley will probably just be an average player who is above average in his peak years.

Smoak I'm a big fan of. I think he can turn it around, but obviously its no guarantee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Ackley will probably just be an average player who is above average in his peak years.

Smoak I'm a big fan of. I think he can turn it around, but obviously its no guarantee.
    I agree with average on Ackley's part. I think the slash line I posted is pretty pedestrian, but it would make him a solid 2B for years to come. Again, nothing to write home about, but someone you can plug and play for 150 games a year.

I honestly think Smoak needs out of Seattle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fukudome View Post
    I agree with average on Ackley's part. I think the slash line I posted is pretty pedestrian, but it would make him a solid 2B for years to come. Again, nothing to write home about, but someone you can plug and play for 150 games a year.

Agreed. Smoak needs out. Shorter fences or not, he woulld benefit from a change of scenery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fukudome View Post

Smoak just has the classic AAAA hitter profile: a guy who got by mashing MILB fastballs and can't handle the breaking stuff that MLB pitchers have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Smoak just has the classic AAAA hitter profile: a guy who got by mashing MILB fastballs and can't handle the breaking stuff that MLB pitchers have.
    Lotta guys cant handle quality offspeed...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelshunde4 View Post
    Lotta guys cant handle quality offspeed...
    He was making the point that he is just another hyped prospect that didn't have the hitting tools to be the player he was supposed to be on the major league level.

Yes in general a lot of guys can't handle breaking balls but a prospect with Smoak's hype should have been able to make the transition or had that ability already before being so many scout's darling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He was making the point that he is just another hyped prospect that didn't have the hitting tools to be the player he was supposed to be on the major league level.

Yes in general a lot of guys can't handle breaking balls but a prospect with Smoak's hype should have been able to make the transition or had that ability already before being so many scout's darling.
    I know this... My point is sometimes the media darlings arent everything the so called pundits claim they are.. Not knocking Smoak or any prospect...Baseball is a very hard game.. Many talented players fail.. Sometimes I wonder if people forget both sides are playing to win...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelshunde4 View Post
    I know this... My point is sometimes the media darlings arent everything the so called pundits claim they are.. Not knocking Smoak or any prospect...Baseball is a very hard game.. Many talented players fail.. Sometimes I wonder if people forget both sides are playing to win...
    Well almost every baseball publication had him as a top 15 spec and many scouts loved his hit tool (especially from the power perspective).

The point was it never translated because he wasn't able to adjust to major league pitching.

Some guys are overhyped yes but Smoak wasn't some media creation.

vCash
    Smoak is winning MVP this year

Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast