Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Protein powder

vCash

Protein powder

I just found out that bulk barn sells protein powder, has anyone ever tried it. I was wondering if it is junk or not. As far as price goes what would be considered a good price per pound.

vCash
    What brand is it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    What brand is it?
    I did not see a brand name on it, but it seemed pretty expensive 22 bucks a pound.

vCash
    I prefer doing price per serving. You can see the price per serving for all the protein powders carried at Bodybuilding.com. Just to make it easy though, I'll look up a few of the bigger name ones for ya since I'm bored.

For reference, these are all 4-5lb tubs (since they'll be a little cheaper per serving than lower quantity)

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey: $0.74/serving
    Muscle Pharm Combat Powder: $0.74/serving
    BSN Syntha-6: $0.98/serving
    Dymatize Elite 100% Whey: $0.69/serving
    TruNutrition Sciences Trutein: $0.85/serving

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan View Post
    I did not see a brand name on it, but it seemed pretty expensive 22 bucks a pound.
    That's very expensive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan View Post
    Yeah that's really expensive

vCash
    Is there any brands to stay away from. Like ones that are bad quality or just over rated and over priced. Muscle pharm seem like one that might be over rated just because is has the ufc logo on it.

vCash
    Well if you look at the pricing per serving I listed, Muscle Pharm is fairly inexpensive at its 4lb tub rate. I actually just finished 2 of those tubs as my most recent and loved it! I just bought ON because its 5lb has 73 servings to MP's 52 and it'd for sure get me back to school and then some before I needed to order again. But I would definitely recommend Muscle Pharm's combat powder! It's macros are agreeable with most diets I'd imagine and it has a great taste!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs Win View Post
    TruNutrition Sciences Trutein: $0.85/serving
    my favorite
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    I get muscletech from Sams. 5 pounds is like $35.

vCash
    Me and my brother split on

2x 4 lb of orange creamsicle MP combat powder
    2x 32 scoop MP assault

for 140 ( 70 each ) after shipping ( Canada ) and tax. Considering 1 4lb of assault is like 70 before tax locally im stoked.

vCash
    I just got some pumpkin pie Trutein.....pretty legit

vCash
    I've been enjoying Chocolight protein as of late. The taste is absolutely awesome! I have the fudge brownie and peanut butter flavors.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    I really can't handle Trutein as much as I want to, it triggers my gag reflex almost instantly. I think it's disgusting.

Syntha-6 is far and away my favorite, I've had strawberry milkshake, vanilla milkshake and chocolate peanut butter and all 3 were better than any other protein powder I've tried.

vCash
    I finally got around to trying trutein cinnabun. Holy schitt, that is some good schitt! Doesn't taste as good with water as it does milk. My only complaint is that it is messy as hell. Its too floury. Its more expensive than what I was using before and it doesn't have as much protein per scoop. I pay 39.99 for a 5lb. and it has 34g protein per scoop, but I was getting bored of all the flavors of that brand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast