Well, I was hoping that the Caps would turn it around but it's becoming much more clear that the Caps just don't have it this season. Now I'm praying that McPhee doesn't try to be the significant buyer at the deadline because not only will it do nothing for us in the playoffs (IF we even make it), but ruin our farm which is pretty much depleted at this point.

I think at the end of the season, it's time to clear house on the management of this team starting with George McPhee and ending with Dale Hunter. Hunter isn't much of a coach to be honest, he sits there dull on the bench and isn't really NHL coaching material. McPhee has had his time in Washington and what ruined him was the nucleus he built the team around. Green, Ovechkin, Semin, and Backstrom are not the ticket all together. He sat here for the last 2-3 years trying to put pieces into play with these four nucleus players and has fell significantly short every year. Semin and Green are obviously not the ticket and should be nowhere close to Washington after the offseason. Ovechkin isn't the same type of player he used to be. Yeah he is still a great player but isn't worth the amount of money he makes and doesn't put the same effort that he used to out on the ice every night. Backstrom is the center piece of our franchise believe it or not, without him we are a hit or miss playoff team every year.

So at the end of the season, I think it would be wise to try and get either a legitimate top pair defenseman EX. Suter or a superstar winger EX. Parise to jumpstart the fans and the drive of this franchise. Not only this, but they need a legitimate NHL seasoned coach that is respected throughout the locker room and the NHL. They should try to get rid of Schultz and anyone else who doesn't put the effort on the ice every night. I know this isn't easy because obviously other teams see the same damn thing we see from our crappy players every night which means they have no value.

Yeah the Caps still might make the playoffs but I sense that they will fall short even if they do because of the lack of production and effort from some of the players on this team.