Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Jason Whitlock of Fox Sports insults Jeremy Lin

Fox Sports’ Jason Whitlock apologized for an insensitive-at-best, and racist-at-worst, tweet about Knicks guard Jeremy Lin, which Whitlock posted after Lin’s 38-point performance against the Lakers on Friday.

In a thinly-veiled reference to a stereotype about Asian men, Whitlock tweeted, “Some lucky lady in NYC is gonna feel a couple of inches of pain tonight.”
    Jason Whitlock apologized regarding an offensive tweet he made about Knicks guard Jeremy Lin. (AP Photo)

On Saturday, the Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) demanded an apology from Whitlock.

The tweet “doesn’t hold up to the conduct of responsible journalists, those in sports or otherwise, who adhere to standards of fairness, civility and good taste. Nor does it meet the standards of Fox Sports, with which you are associated,” the AAJA wrote on its Facebook page. “Outrage doesn’t begin to describe the reaction of the Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) to your unnecessary and demeaning tweet.”

Later Saturday, Whitlock, who is black, wrote on FoxSports.com, “I've cried watching Tiger Woods win a major golf championship. Jeremy Lin, for now, is the Tiger Woods of the NBA. I suspect Lin makes Asian Americans feel the way I feel when I watch Tiger play golf.

“I should've realized that Friday night when I watched Lin torch the Lakers. For Asian Americans and a lot of sports fans, his nationally televised 38-point outburst was the equivalent of Tiger's first victory in The Masters. I got caught up in the excitement. I tweeted about what a great story Lin is and how he could rival Tim Tebow.

“I then gave in to another part of my personality — my immature, sophomoric, comedic nature.”
    Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...#ixzz1mDdlboPE

that's ****ed up.

This world is too sensitive. Thatsnwas hilarious.

Hahahahaha

He should have taken the easy one, probably would have gotten away with it... http://www.egotripland.com/wp-conten...ians-Drive.jpg

ppl r to sensitive

**** was funny

Its funny, but as a reporter and an analyst, probably a bad idea
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

yeah, he should be held to a higher standard...

he's also a complete and utter hack so any backfire that he sees is fine with me.
    this my sig

Lol
    Trill Team
    Buckwheat-jpro611-Me-haggis-cheaptrikz-shammyguy3-Ezio-Cub_StuckinSTL-HOWE do i do it-ugafan-hugepatsfan-Fly-Raps08-09 Champ-Mane-humblehotgenius

Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    Its funny, but as a reporter and an analyst, probably a bad idea
    agree with this.
    If I drive I'm going to have to have a lot of drinks because I am very self conscious about my driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post
    Samhan actually worked out with the warriors in 2010, but elected to go overseas instead of jumping into the NBA to make his game better. Actually i would compare him to a poor mans blake griffin
    Quote Originally Posted by lvdub2741 View Post
    We gave up Monta for a Bogut but we could have kept him gotten someone like Omar Samahan who is just like Bogut and kept Monta.
    Ah, some sports fans

You don't say that bout the Yellow Mamba!

(no pun intended)

funny lol , but I would hope there would be like an asian reporter can say something sterotypical about black ppl too lets see how funny that is also.
    "People don't own teams to lose money. If you ask any owner whether they would rather make $20 million and come in last place or lose $20 million and win a World Series, there's only one guy who honestly would take that championship: George Steinbrenner. Nobody else."

Ahahahahajaha ppl hate the truth
    2017 NYfG's off-season checklist:
    New Offensive Coordinator [ ]
    Veteran WR to mentor WR core[ ]
    New LT [ ]
    Micha Hyde[ ]
    Dontrelle Inman [ ]
    Calais Campbell [ ]
    Malcolm Smith [ ]
    Mike Gillislee[ ]

So he is saying he has it small?

That is racism?

Free As Seagull.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    why bro u seen one?
    "People don't own teams to lose money. If you ask any owner whether they would rather make $20 million and come in last place or lose $20 million and win a World Series, there's only one guy who honestly would take that championship: George Steinbrenner. Nobody else."

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    so you've seen it?

yeah not personally offensive to me but as a journalist that's pretty bone-headed.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast