Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Off season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck017 View Post
    You're right I don't how how the $16M signing bonus was divided over the term of the contract, but what I said is still significant to the situation unless it turns out that the singing bonus had front loaded cap hits.
    Which seems fairly likely in my opinion considering they were willing to pay out the entire guaranteed portion within two years.

Quote Originally Posted by N.E.PanthersFan View Post
    I think Puck is right on this one. A difference between Williams and Wharton is that Williams is a star player, one of the faces of this franchise. The FO will do what they need to do, but I think they'll do everything in their power to keep both Williams and Stewart as long as they're producing.

Stephon Gilmore's meteoric rise is intriguing. I would very seriously consider taking him at 9 if Claiborne isn't available. I'd rather take Gilmore/Thompson than [some DT]/Jenkins. Jenkins just isn't worth the risk.
    DeAngelo Williams is a face of the franchise? News to me. I would say that the faces of our franchise are Cam Newton and Steve Smith. Other than 2008, DeAngelo has quietly put together a great career. People will be hurt to lose him, but it isn't something that will drive the fan base away. And again, I would love to keep DeAngelo. But if I have to choose between DeAngelo or watching Stewart walk, I'll take Stewart 10/10 times.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Except that Stewart wonít be a cheaper option. So if DeAngelo has another great year then sorry to disappoint you big guy, Stewart walks. This is precisely why they signed Tolbert. Heís a cheaper, effective Stewart (as you said about Wharton). DeAngelo isnít getting cut because they want to sign another guy if heís still playing at a high level.

BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBoSoxfan21 View Post
    Except that Stewart wonít be a cheaper option. So if DeAngelo has another great year then sorry to disappoint you big guy, Stewart walks. This is precisely why they signed Tolbert. Heís a cheaper, effective Stewart (as you said about Wharton). DeAngelo isnít getting cut because they want to sign another guy if heís still playing at a high level.
    No one said he's cheaper. He just makes more sense because he's younger and the Panthers are a younger team. I don't see why you think the Panthers won't cut him just because he has a good year. It doesn't mean he's better long term for the team. You can't make stupid decisions like that based on one year. They signed Tolbert for a variety of reasons, and I would much rather see him replace DeAngelo Williams than Jonathan Stewart.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    I would rather he be an addition than a replacement (though I see this as a way to move Mike Goodson).

In other news, we've re-signed Applewhite. Yay! Next up: Jordan Senn?

vCash
    Happy to have Applewhite back. He outplayed his stat-line last year.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Looks like Mike Goodson may have been traded to the Raiders.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Heh. I wish him the best. He and McFadden should tear it up out there. I was kinda hoping he'd go to the Chargers, but best of luck nonetheless.

vCash
    I think this is a good deal all-round. We get to uncrowd the backfield and gain a raw OG for depth and Oakland is likely getting it's 2012 starting RB. I'm sure most people would cringe from reading that last sentence, but to assume McFadden will stay healthy is laughable. If Goodson can keep the egg in his hands he'll be the leading rusher for Oakland.

At first I thought the article was talking about Jason Campbell and I must admit I was raging pretty bad.

vCash
    Just wanted to post a couple reports about Coples and Poe since we could draft them. I personally hope we dont draft either one of them.

One NFL personnel man described North Carolina DE Quinton Coples as "nuts" mentally, but still thinks Coples can be a star in the pros.
    "Heís good as hell, but heís nuts," the personnel man said. "Iím not sure whatís up with him. Iíd put him at left end in a 4-3, but he could do everything if he wants it." Coples was highly productive throughout his college career, but observers believe his motor runs hot and cold. At 6'6/284, Coples is thought of as more of an athletic power player than explosive edge rusher.
    Source: Trenton Times Apr 1 - 2:44 PM

One NFL personnel executive told the Trenton Times that Memphis NT Dontari Poe is sure to be "overdrafted" based on size and athleticism, but "didn't do anything" in games.
    "He did all of that at the Combine, so some team will take him way higher than he should go," said the club exec. "I mean watch him play, just watch. He didnít do anything. And he wasnít playing at a very high level (Conference USA), either." Poe's tape isn't as good as his projected draft status, but NFL coaches will be enamored with his upside. He still projects as a top-15 pick.
    Source: Trenton Times Apr 1 - 2:40 PM

vCash
    I honestly wonder if Poe is as highly regarded in the actual scouting realms as he is on the Internet. You rarely see reports of actual NFL personnel commending him.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    We need GM's for the Full 7 round forum wide NFL draft mock

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=708489

It was fun last time, I anticipate it will be again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I honestly wonder if Poe is as highly regarded in the actual scouting realms as he is on the Internet. You rarely see reports of actual NFL personnel commending him.
    I wonder the same.

Tape on him is not very good, he just had a monster showing at the combine, so of course his hype will go through the roof.

Brockers is still the best DT in the draft imo. Heíll probably need a year in rotation before he reaches maximum potential. But he could be an absolute monster interior pass rush just like Suh.

Fletcher Cox is actually better than Poe too, imo. His combine numbers were similar and he actually played well in school and for the SEC.

BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

vCash
    Just wanted to post a update

Panthers re-signed LB Jordan Senn.
    The Panthers previously told Senn to explore other opportunities, but he didn't get them on the open market. He'll return as a special teams player.
    Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter Apr 2 - 9:33 PM

vCash
    http://i.imgur.com/MtuE2.jpg Just wanted to show you guys this helmet I saw. I think its legit
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaFan87 View Post
    Just wanted to post a update

Panthers re-signed LB Jordan Senn.
    The Panthers previously told Senn to explore other opportunities, but he didn't get them on the open market. He'll return as a special teams player.
    Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter Apr 2 - 9:33 PM
    Nice to see him back. He should provide some nice depth at OLB and is a special teams dynamo.

Quote Originally Posted by JNev View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/MtuE2.jpg Just wanted to show you guys this helmet I saw. I think its legit
    Looks a little plain, but not too bad.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast