Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    You obviously missedmy point. Inno way do I think Alex smith is on the same level as Eli. But some people on here act like he's much much better then he is. He is a top ten qb easily, closer to five the ten. It's just that people bring up the 4thquarter comebacks as a fact for how great he is. I was merely pointing out smiths, and everyone thinks he's dog ****. It's just that certain things seem to only be relevant when it suits their needs, their arguments. I just find it funny that's all.
    I don't think Alex Smith is dog **** though. His clutch play is his best attribute...and I personally think he is arguably a top 15 Qb because of it.

He just isn't productive enough to be considered top 10.

But, you are probably wondering why Eli's 4th quarter clutch prowess means a little bit more to me than Smith's...well, its mainly because unlike Eli, Smith doesn't really have anything to show for it. Eli has 2 SB rings to show for it. Yes, winning the SB is a team effort, but if Eli didn't come through in the clutch in both those years...the Giants don't go home with any rings.

Believe it or not, but contrary to some people's beliefs here at PSD...winning multiple SB MVPs and having one of the best playoff records among active Qbs DOES indeed matter when ranking Qbs.

For me, it matters enough to put him ahead of guys like Romo, Rivers, Shaub, and Vick...guys who might be a little better statistically, and a little more consistent during the regular season at times (not this past season though), but don't have anything close to the playoff accolades that Eli Manning has (some of that being due to his team, but also some of it being due to his clutch play in big games and big moments).

So basically, yeah...win the SB is a team accomplishment, but Eli Manning is a big part of this team and his clutch play is what got them over the top not once, but TWICE.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 03-01-2012 at 11:23 AM.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I don't think Alex Smith is dog **** though. His clutch play is his best attribute...and I personally think he is arguably a top 15 Qb because of it.

But, you are probably wondering why Eli's 4th quarter clutch prowess means a little bit more to me than Smith's...well, its mainly because unlike Eli, Smith doesn't really have anything to show for it. Eli has 2 SB rings to show for it. Yes, winning the SB is a team effort, but if Eli didn't come through in the clutch in both those years...the Giants don't go home with any rings.

Believe it or not, but contrary to some people's beliefs here at PSD...winning multiple SB MVPs and having one of the best playoff records among active Qbs DOES indeed matter when ranking Qbs.

For me, it matters enough to put him ahead of guys like Romo, Rivers, Shaub, and Vick...guys who might be a little better statistically, and a little more consistent during the regular season at times (not this past season though), but don't have anything close to the playoff accolades that Eli Manning has (some of that being due to his team, but also some of it being due to his clutch play in big games and big moments).

So basically, yeah...win the SB is a team accomplishment, but Eli Manning is a big part of this team and his clutch play is what got them over the top not once, but TWICE.
    Sb Mvps matter. I'm a 49er fan. We call our best ever qb the leagues best ever qb mostly because of them and his clutch factor.

You will see more production from smith next year as well. Work his way closer to the ten threshold.And I wasn't really saying you thought he was dog ****, just that it was the general consensus.
    Last edited by OREcoast49er; 03-02-2012 at 10:46 AM.

vCash
    As of right now its hard to take Eli over Peyton. But once Eli wins his 3rd which he will, then theres no question

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 91BigBlue91 View Post
    As of right now its hard to take Eli over Peyton. But once Eli wins his 3rd which he will, then theres no question
    that eli was on a better team...............

do people forget peyton manning is a 4 TIME MVP? how many does eli have?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Sb Mvps matter. I'm a 49er fan. We call our best ever qb the leagues best ever qb mostly because of them and his clutch factor.

You will see more production from smith next year as well. Work his way closer to the ten threshold.And I wasn't really asylum you thought he was dog ****, just that it was the general consensus.
    Well, then the general consensus is wrong.
    DUDA

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash

Who says it matters? You? Espn? Is it some law us other are unaware of?

And in super bowl 42, if other players didnt come through, the Giants dont go home with a ring. How about the Tyree catch? I believe it was Toomer who caught a pass that was behind him on the Giants 2nd set of downs on the GW drive. Took it to 4th and 1. Without that catch Eli is looking at 4th and 10. Quit acting like like just Eli came through. In fact every incomplete pass on that drive, was because Eli threw ****** passes. Two of them were almost picked off. The rest were all to high. Go watch it. Its on youtube.

This is why winning games shouldnt matter. Yes the QB has the ball in his hands, but once it's out of his hands the majority of the time he has very little control over what will happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    Who says it matters? You? Espn? Is it some law us other are unaware of?

And in super bowl 42, if other players didnt come through, the Giants dont go home with a ring. How about the Tyree catch? I believe it was Toomer who caught a pass that was behind him on the Giants 2nd set of downs on the GW drive. Took it to 4th and 1. Without that catch Eli is looking at 4th and 10. Quit acting like like just Eli came through. In fact every incomplete pass on that drive, was because Eli threw ****** passes. Two of them were almost picked off. The rest were all to high. Go watch it. Its on youtube.

This is why winning games shouldnt matter. Yes the QB has the ball in his hands, but once it's out of his hands the majority of the time he has very little control over what will happen.
    You're right...winning games shouldn't matter. But oh wait, they do. LMAO.
    DUDA

vCash
    You're right...winning games shouldn't matter. But oh wait, they do. LMAO.
    Again, to who? Because the media tells us they do? Or to people who's only argument is wins? When it comes to teams, they matter, when it comes to individuals, it don't. Look at baseball. People used to think wins for.pitchers mattered. Not anymore. Very few people gives a **** about wins. Eventually football fans will come around too.

So do you believe Cullen Jenkins is a better lineman then Bruce Smith? Is emmitt Smith better then Barry sander or even Walter Payton?

vCash
    Again, to who? Because the media tells us they do? Or to people who's only argument is wins? When it comes to teams, they matter, when it comes to individuals, it don't. Look at baseball. People used to think wins for.pitchers mattered. Not anymore. Very few people gives a **** about wins. Eventually football fans will come around too.

So do you believe Cullen Jenkins is a better lineman then Bruce Smith? Is emmitt Smith better then Barry sander or even Walter Payton?
    Does the media include every single NFL coach/player?

No, the only thing that matter is some homer boston fan on PSD mad at the Giants because they have their number.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Does the media include every single NFL coach/player?

No, the only thing that matter is some homer boston fan on PSD mad at the Giants because they have their number.
    I'm not even a patriots fan. And who cares what the players say. Obviously to them winning means a lot. NFL players for the most part aren't the brightest nor do they have some vast knowledge of the game. Remember the top 100 players in the league list? It was a joke.

vCash
    I'm not even a patriots fan. And who cares what the players say. Obviously to them winning means a lot. NFL players for the most part aren't the brightest nor do they have some vast knowledge of the game. Remember the top 100 players in the league list? It was a joke.
    Yeah I think that's why they play the games instead of having computer simulations, which is the way your ilk would have it if you could. Human psychology and all of its components don't show up in stat sheets, but it matters more, and the warriors on the field will tell you that 99 x's out of 100.

To think that you can isolate a player by his statistics alone, on a field where 22 gigantic men are throwing their bodies around, coaches are on the sidelines are making decisions, and referees are calling the game, is so absurd on its face that I can't believe you folks aren't laughed off of sites like these immediately.

This isn't baseball, a game that is almost entirely played at the 1 on 1 level where the value of a player can be determined by stats. There are infinitely more factors at play in this sport that aren't and can never be quantified, which is why you have to heed the words of the players if you are going to be even slightly credible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    Yeah I think that's why they play the games instead of having computer simulations, which is the way your ilk would have it if you could. Human psychology and all of its components don't show up in stat sheets, but it matters more, and the warriors on the field will tell you that 99 x's out of 100.

To think that you can isolate a player by his statistics alone, on a field where 22 gigantic men are throwing their bodies around, coaches are on the sidelines are making decisions, and referees are calling the game, is so absurd on its face that I can't believe you folks aren't laughed off of sites like these immediately.

This isn't baseball, a game that is almost entirely played at the 1 on 1 level where the value of a player can be determined by stats. There are infinitely more factors at play in this sport that aren't and can never be quantified, which is why you have to heed the words of the players if you are going to be even slightly credible.
    Where have I ever said anything about computer simulations? Or where did I say statistics are the only way to know hoe good a player is? You do know wins are a statistic, right?

And I don't have to heed to the words of anyone and could care less how credible you view me.

Do you have a way to determine the psychological mindset of every player on the field aylt any given time? When you bring an argument to the table, proof is a pretty important thing.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567