Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 102
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    27,447
    vCash
    1500
    Peyton is much better than Eli...Peyton by two miles...what's next? Eli vs Montana?? Why not?


    Soon...

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    37,259
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by NYkillaPriest View Post
    Right now for me I would take Eli over any QB..I'm convinced that we still haven't seen the best of Eli and believe the regular season stats are about to pile up for him and some regular season hardware to go along with that..We all know Eli is clutch and personally I could care less about what you do in the first 3 quarters if you are able to lead drives to win in the 4th..means even more when you do it on the biggest stage in football
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=MannPe00

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=MannEl00

    Manning has 14 more 4th quarter comebacks, and 21 more game winning drives.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,902
    vCash
    1777
    Both

    Unleash the beast.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,252
    vCash
    1500
    Both, easily.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,252
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=MannPe00

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=MannEl00

    Manning has 14 more 4th quarter comebacks, and 21 more game winning drives.
    So in a thread where both of them have the last name "Manning" you say "Manning has 14..."


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,902
    vCash
    1777
    How would you not just take both?

    Unleash the beast.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    37
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    I used pro football reference for my information. However, I just read your tag line about Marino being the G.O.A.T. I love Marino. He is one of my favorites. Now I understand your line of thinking. The problem is , personal achievement does not belie G.O.A.T. status. In that thinking, Brett Favre has a claim to the mantle of G.O.A.T. I'm discussing head to head, Eli vs. Peyton. Countless times we have watched Peyton lay eggs in big moments. I gave you the losses. Now here's the performance of in those games. In '99, 45% comp pct. 0 td/0 ints, '00 53% comp pct. 1td/ 0int, '02 45% comp pct 0td/0ints, '03 49% comp pct. 1td/4int, '04 64% comp pct 0td/1int, '05 59% comp pct 1td/0int. Those numbers do not say playoff performer to me. 53% comp pct and 3td/5 ints are below average numbers. I have to take these performances in losses into account. The pick six to Tracy Porter. The 3 int game to Ty Law. All have to be considered. He is a choke artist. Period. His brother has shown to be choke proof in big games. Still early, but I have to go with Eli's career. Premium playoff performances and tremendous playoff runs.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,590
    vCash
    1500
    What exactly is clutch? Playing bad for 3 qrts, while your defense keeps you in the game and then doing good in the fourth?

    Is THAT Clutch?
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    904
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    This type of thinking is incredibly flawed. It takes for granted that one's team will play well enough around them to keep them in a position to be able to win it in the fourth.

    Eli Manning on a mediocre team = 0 4QC, and no "clutch".

    But we continue to ignore this in American sports because it is more fun.
    What do you consider a team that was 32nd in rushing offense..defensively 25..27..29..19 in PTS..YDS..Pass YDS..Rush YDS...yea this is the team that Eli played with and was "clutch" with..I didn't try n boost Eli up like he is the best thing at every facet of the game so please don't argue against me and try and take away the one thing he is the best at..Yes due to personnel and schemes this was a mediocre team for the majority of the season(9-7)..the coaches found the right combination of players and schemes which catapulted us to the Super Bowl but Eli has been clutch all season so your argument is flawed and wrong
    Eli Manning going for 2012-2013 NFL MVP

    not to mention this: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/ima...ine=1328584116

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    904
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Greetard View Post
    What exactly is clutch? Playing bad for 3 qrts, while your defense keeps you in the game and then doing good in the fourth?

    Is THAT Clutch?
    Please don't give me that defense bailed him out argument..this defense for the majority of the season was bottom 10 closer to bottom 5 and Eli still performed..just think we were dead last in rushing top 5 in passing 8th in total YDS..Eli didn't just throw for 300 YDS in the 4th quarter..he just elevated his game to the next level when it mattered most...some of you are ridiculous..you could use the defense as the reason for the 08 Super Bowl but without Eli we wouldn't have even made the playoffs this season..and how can you compare the careers when Eli is just now hitting full stride and Payton has 5 seasons on him..

    I'm probably the biggest believer that offensive systems have a lot to do with the stats a QB puts up and firmly believe in a more pass oriented "system", opposed to this run heavy "system" Eli is in, will propel his numbers over the top..just think the Giants had the worst rushing offense in the league..in a run based system..and the Giants were 5th in the league in rushing TDs..yea it doesn't add up because unlike the Pack,Pats,Saints,Lions when the Giants get inside the 10 they don't pass for the TD they pound it in
    Eli Manning going for 2012-2013 NFL MVP

    not to mention this: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/ima...ine=1328584116

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    7,543
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYkillaPriest View Post
    What do you consider a team that was 32nd in rushing offense..defensively 25..27..29..19 in PTS..YDS..Pass YDS..Rush YDS...yea this is the team that Eli played with and was "clutch" with..I didn't try n boost Eli up like he is the best thing at every facet of the game so please don't argue against me and try and take away the one thing he is the best at..Yes due to personnel and schemes this was a mediocre team for the majority of the season(9-7)..the coaches found the right combination of players and schemes which catapulted us to the Super Bowl but Eli has been clutch all season so your argument is flawed and wrong
    Get real, though. The guy played like complete dick in the 2nd and 3rd Quarters. Maybe if he'd played better, he wouldn't have needed 4QC.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    904
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=MannPe00

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=MannEl00

    Manning has 14 more 4th quarter comebacks, and 21 more game winning drives.
    And 5 more seasons..How many came in the biggest game of the season?..the Super Bowl..they've both been 2x..Eli led 2 game winning drives/4th quarter comebacks against arguably the best team of the decade..Peyton won one and choked and threw a pick 6 to a wide open defender..and because QBs are judged by wins/losses SB rings do matter even if they don't tell the full story..honestly there is no true way to judge 2 QBs in the NFL because football is the one true team game where everybody has to do their part to win..so in the end its going to be your opinion against mines and I'm not changing mines n don't expect you to change yours

    the thing is some people are just irrational..you hate a guy so much you wont even give him his just due for what he is actually great at..2 of my best friends are Patriot fans, as little as 2 years ago they were telling me Eli is a mediocre 12-15 QB in the league..during the last drive in the SB when Eli got the ball back they said, "I'm not going to lie I'm scared..that mother F***er is too real(good) at the end of the game"..If some people can put hate aside and be honest I know everybody can
    Eli Manning going for 2012-2013 NFL MVP

    not to mention this: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/ima...ine=1328584116

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    904
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    Get real, though. The guy played like complete dick in the 2nd and 3rd Quarters. Maybe if he'd played better, he wouldn't have needed 4QC.
    Are we talking about during the season or during the SB..because I never crowned him the best doing it just the most clutch and in the SB he played lights out through the whole game..in the 2nd and 3rd the Pats dominated the game and had momentum..and in the 4th Eli was clutch(thats what the argument is about isn't it)
    Eli Manning going for 2012-2013 NFL MVP

    not to mention this: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/ima...ine=1328584116

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    7,543
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYkillaPriest View Post
    Are we talking about during the season or during the SB..because I never crowned him the best doing it just the most clutch and in the SB he played lights out through the whole game..in the 2nd and 3rd the Pats dominated the game and had momentum..and in the 4th Eli was clutch(thats what the argument is about isn't it)
    I'm talking about the whole season.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    904
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    I'm talking about the whole season.
    Ok he wasn't the best in the middle of the game but he also wasn't terrible..there were a few games where his performance dropped off in the middle only to pick it up at the end when it mattered most..as for our defense winning those games they were worse than Eli..thats the rep the Giants are building a name off, clicking when it matters most
    Eli Manning going for 2012-2013 NFL MVP

    not to mention this: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/ima...ine=1328584116

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •