Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Report: Peyton Hillis contemplating retirement

rotoworld

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that free agent Peyton Hillis told the Browns "as recently as the end of the season" that he was considering retirement.
    Hillis, who is on his fourth agent since the 2010 season, appears to have a screw loose. Per Schefter, Hillis "even considered joining the CIA" at one point, and "wavered" about playing football throughout the past season. Schefter does report that it "now looks as if he will continue playing." The Browns will not be franchise tagging Hillis, and his lack of commitment to football will surely be detrimental to his free agent appeal. The Browns would like to re-sign Hillis, but we can't imagine them guaranteeing him much money.

espn

The Browns have made the decision not to use their franchise tag on running back Peyton Hillis, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Throughout the past season, Hillis has wavered about whether he wants to continue playing football, and even considered joining the CIA, according to team sources.

It is unclear if he actually pursued a career with the CIA.

Hillis told Browns coaches as recently as the end of the season that he was contemplating retirement, though it now looks as if he will continue playing, the sources said.

But Hillis has felt defeated throughout his time in football, whether it was being benched at Arkansas in favor of Felix Jones and Darren McFadden, being traded away from the Denver Broncos, or being unable to procure the long-term deal he desired in Cleveland. It led him to tell Cleveland's coaches that he didn't know whether he wanted to play football anymore.

Now Hillis is about to become a free agent and test his value on the open market.

Browns general manager Tom Heckert told ESPN's Josina Anderson on Wednesday that the team would like to keep Hillis if the contract is reasonable.

"If we can work something out with Peyton (Hillis) we will," Heckert told ESPN. "Did he have some rough patches during the season? Yes. Were there stretches where things were blown out of proportion? Yes. Honestly, I feel like a lot of that was blown up in the media. Now, of course things will still come down to the money, but we'll just have to wait and see."

Hillis and his agent Kennard McGuire have made the mutual decision to part ways. McGuire declined comment, and Hillis could not be reached for comment.

Playing for the Browns takes the fun out of the game. Thats why i don't want RG3 to go there and have his talent spoiled.

If this is really true. And if he decides to still play football, I wouldn't want my team to take him. Who knows when he might actually retire. His head isn't in football.

Madden Curse.

Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46:21161383
    Playing for the Browns takes the fun out of the game. Thats why i don't want RG3 to go there and have his talent spoiled.
    Truth

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Madden Curse.
    it lives..

It's real, whoever gets nominated should pull out.

Maybe he really wanted out of Cleveland and mustered up this little fable. I was a huge Hillis fan during his breakout year. I hope he isn't serious. If he is, then he has some serious issues and teams shouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole.

Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    This. Playing for the Browns will kill a career and your dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. I'm hoping he goes to the skins or the phins

John Madden and his curse live on.

Hillis will be taking his talents to the CIA

Poor folks in ohio

No way Hillis will retire!!!!!! but he wont stay in Cleveland !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Madden Curse.
    this

He sucks anyway

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast