Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    what?

vCash
    Confused

vCash
    Everyone in the Browns forum says the Browns will have to trade up to get RGIII, they may, but I don't think they will.

Other teams maybe willing to trade up before Browns:

Browns(70%)
    Skins(50%)
    Dolphins(40%)
    Seahawks(10%)

As of now, I see Flynn going to one of those four teams, most likely the Dolphins, so take the Dolphins out of the race for RGIII, Manning to Skins or retiring or some random team like the Jets, they also may trade back as some has said and take Tannehill. That leaves the Browns and Seahawks, I don't see the Rams or Vikings trading back that far, and if so, it would have to be a lot, also the Seahawks may sign Kyle Orton or draft Ryan Tannehill.

So do you agree with me that the Browns don't necessarily need to trade up, as of now because RGIII maybe boost his stock even more this upcoming week and make those teams realize he's the best option?

vCash
    If the Browns really want him they'll make the move up to get him, its still a gamble to hope he falls. Teams are going to be more willing to trade up to the top with the new CBA. You can't count on the Rams or Vikings not trading back even with a team like Seattle. Look at what Atlanta did to get Julio, if a team thinks RGIII is that last piece then rest assured they'll make a trade.

Ok Trent, so the doorway out is that way?

vCash
    I hear you

vCash
    Everyone at vacation?

vCash
    Rumor is Vontaze Burfict is going to get less than 15 reps on bench...hello to the second round.

Dexter mccluster got it 20 times

vCash
    Scrub.

vCash
    Where's that guy that said Burfict would skyrocket at the combine and I said he's not going to do anything impressive physically...hmm

Seems like that won't happen.

vCash
    Yeah who was that guy?

vCash
    I'm not trying to be bias here, but Cleveland may be where Luck ends up. IMO I see Manning staying with the Colts, just seems right, when Isray talks about Manning, he's says it's up too him, if he wants back, he'll be back. I think he'll be back, and they'll try to trade the rights to Andrew Luck to Cleveland for the rights for RGIII, plus future picks(pick #37, 2013 1st round pick and 2013 3rd round pick).

This also gives a little less pressure off of Peytons shoulders knowing he does not have Andrew Luck behind him with Andrew Luck chants.

Thoughts?

vCash
    Yeah that's not going to happen. I don't buy that the pressure will be less. Plus it's basically admitting that you're taking a lesser prospect, hey Robert we'll take you even though we didn't want you as much. You want to draft a QB to be your franchise for the next 10+ you don't trade back and take a lesser one when the best one in over a decade is sitting there.

If they think RGIII is their guy, then take him. If it's Luck, take him. But don't pass on one because the other one "won't be as good (at least right away)" just to appease Peyton.

Screw him. GB jettisoned Favre and that turned out fine.

If it's me I take Luck and that's it. Bye Peyton.

vCash
    Alright

vCash
    That's my philosophy.

Ted Thompson taught me the way. GB fans complained for years that all he ever did was build for the future and it would never push them over the top. And still while in "building for the future" mode, they won a SB then had a pretty decent season while being pretty flawed honestly. He's also been pretty cutthroat in moving on from players and it's worked.

I guess I bought in.

vCash
    Makes sense

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast