Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    Eli has more rings than Rivers, Romo, and even Peyton combined. There is no longer a debate, Eli>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Romo and Rivers. Eli's numbers since '09 have been great, so don't give me the stats argument. He has thrown for 27 TD's, 31 TD's, and 29 TD's. He has had completion percentages 61-64 each of the last three years. He has TWO SUPER BOWL MVP's, is 8-3 career in postseason. You can have your Romos, Rivers, etc. They're LOSERS!
    that might matter if superbowl rings were an evaulation of an individual, but alas they are not. they are an evaluation of the team...............

eli having two rings literally says nothing about how good a qb he i compared to rivers and romo. unless you are willing to admit to me that trent dulfer is better than dan marino, that terry bradshaw is the best quaterback ever and jim plunkett is top 10 all time......................
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    that might matter if superbowl rings were an evaulation of an individual, but alas they are not. they are an evaluation of the team...............

eli having two rings literally says nothing about how good a qb he i compared to rivers and romo. unless you are willing to admit to me that trent dulfer is better than dan marino, that terry bradshaw is the best quaterback ever and jim plunkett is top 10 all time......................
    First of all, I don't have to explain anything to you because you are so biased against Eli it's comical. But anyway, Dan Marino is one of the best of all time, if he had even ONE ring he'd be the sure fire best in my opinion. The fact is that winning super bowls is the ultimate goal. Rivers and Romo's stats are not as superior to Eli's as all you clowns make it. Eli has had three straight terrific statistical years. If we use your knowledge of team, we can use that to combat the 25 INT's from last year that you Eli haters keep bringing up. At least half of those INT's were tipped balls, receivers running the wrong routes, etc. I think it's about time you clowns get it through your heads, Eli is a great QB. He IS a top five quarterback, not just because of the rings, but because of his numbers. As long as we're talking numbers, why is Ben ahead of Eli on your list. Eli's numbers have been better than Ben's ever since '08.

vCash
    First of all, I don't have to explain anything to you because you are so biased against Eli it's comical. But anyway, Dan Marino is one of the best of all time, if he had even ONE ring he'd be the sure fire best in my opinion. The fact is that winning super bowls is the ultimate goal. Rivers and Romo's stats are not as superior to Eli's as all you clowns make it. Eli has had three straight terrific statistical years. If we use your knowledge of team, we can use that to combat the 25 INT's from last year that you Eli haters keep bringing up. At least half of those INT's were tipped balls, receivers running the wrong routes, etc. I think it's about time you clowns get it through your heads, Eli is a great QB. He IS a top five quarterback, not just because of the rings, but because of his numbers. As long as we're talking numbers, why is Ben ahead of Eli on your list. Eli's numbers have been better than Ben's ever since '08.
    double post
    Last edited by Pinstripe pride; 02-06-2012 at 02:20 PM.

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    so jim plunkett is a top 10 quaterback all time then right, since superbowls are all that matters? and terry bardshaw is at worst the second best quaterback ever?

the bold part is an invalid arguement that will not be taken into consideration, especially since if you talking those out, you have to go back and put one dropped by defenders in.

and why would be not be ahead of eli? if superbowls are all thats matter, ben's been to 3 of them and won 2 in almot the same time it took eli to win 1 (o and eliu's numbers are also not better than ben's since 2008. eli's poasser rating those years are 86, 93, 85, 93 while bens are 80, 97, 101 and 90)
    Last edited by Pinstripe pride; 02-06-2012 at 02:31 PM.

vCash
    1. Rodgers
    2. Brady
    3. Brees
    4. P Manning
    5. Big Ben

vCash
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I think a light bulb may have gone off in my head as to why some people think Eli is top 5, and some others don't and it's never wishy washy, it's a very adamant yes or no.

Giants fans say he's top 5. I think by that they are saying he's a top 5 caliber QB and I think that's true.

The disconnect comes when non-Giants fans say he isn't top 5 because to them they actually go and count 5 QBs they think are better.

Is Eli better than Rivers and Romo? This is tough. Statistically over the last 3 years no, but would I rather have Eli over those 2? Easily.

Eli has 2 rings, they don't have any. I know winning is a team oriented stat, but Eli was a huge reason they won the first and was a huge reason they also won last night and Rivers and Romo are two huge reasons they haven't found any success in the post season.

Yes you do need luck to win. Peyton needed luck, Tom Brady needed luck, Joe Mantana needed luck. That's not to say they are terrible, they might be the 3 best QBs ever. Every athlete needs luck to consistently win. Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Hakeem The Dream, Tim Duncan, Derek Jeter, etc.

I know a lot of you are going to say something like "Okay is Eli better than Marino was?". The obvious answer is no. But this is not a case of one guy having superior teammates and the other having trash.

The Chargers and Cowboys have had tremendous players over the years and both teams had every opportunity to win or get to the SB.

On a side note I find this is very funny.

People are saying Peyton is still better than Eli. That I completely agree with. However, people are saying "This game only proves that Eli has had a better team than Peyton."

That's ludicrous. This is coming from the same mouths that claimed the 9-7 Giants are a fraud. That the 07 run was all pure luck. Then they talk about how in 08 they were one and done and how in 09 and 10 they missed the playoffs.

And now Eli has some magical great teammates?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I think a light bulb may have gone off in my head as to why some people think Eli is top 5, and some others don't and it's never wishy washy, it's a very adamant yes or no.

Giants fans say he's top 5. I think by that they are saying he's a top 5 caliber QB and I think that's true.

The disconnect comes when non-Giants fans say he isn't top 5 because to them they actually go and count 5 QBs they think are better.

Is Eli better than Rivers and Romo? This is tough. Statistically over the last 3 years no, but would I rather have Eli over those 2? Easily.

Eli has 2 rings, they don't have any. I know winning is a team oriented stat, but Eli was a huge reason they won the first and was a huge reason they also won last night and Rivers and Romo are two huge reasons they haven't found any success in the post season.

Yes you do need luck to win. Peyton needed luck, Tom Brady needed luck, Joe Mantana needed luck. That's not to say they are terrible, they might be the 3 best QBs ever. Every athlete needs luck to consistently win. Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Hakeem The Dream, Tim Duncan, Derek Jeter, etc.

I know a lot of you are going to say something like "Okay is Eli better than Marino was?". The obvious answer is no. But this is not a case of one guy having superior teammates and the other having trash.

The Chargers and Cowboys have had tremendous players over the years and both teams had every opportunity to win or get to the SB.

On a side note I find this is very funny.

People are saying Peyton is still better than Eli. That I completely agree with. However, people are saying "This game only proves that Eli has had a better team than Peyton."

That's ludicrous. This is coming from the same mouths that claimed the 9-7 Giants are a fraud. That the 07 run was all pure luck. Then they talk about how in 08 they were one and done and how in 09 and 10 they missed the playoffs.

And now Eli has some magical great teammates?
    thats the standard logic that you win a superbowl as a team, not the colts and giants in particular. teams win superbowls, not individuals
    Last edited by Pinstripe pride; 02-06-2012 at 03:48 PM.

vCash
    thats the standard logic that you win a superbowl as a team, not the colts and giants in particular. teams win superbowls, not individuals
    That's not my point. My point is people talk about how the Giants are average, are bad, are just lucky then when Eli wins he suddenly has great teammates?

vCash
    Active- Rodgers..Breese.. Brady..Eli ..Ben

If peytons healthy--Rodgers..Breese...Brady Peyton..ELI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    Active- Rodgers..Breese.. Brady..Eli ..Ben

If peytons healthy--Rodgers..Breese...Brady Peyton..ELI
    i have yet to hear any compelling arguement why eli is suddnel;y better than ben. please enlighten me there

vCash
    I think you have to look at it in tiers (no order within tiers).

Tier 1: Brady, Peyton Manning, Rodgers
    Tier 1.5: Brees
    Tier 2: Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Rivers, Romo

Although I think Roethlisberger is a slight step above Manning/Rivers/Romo. Yes, Tony Romo is a very good QB.

vCash
    i have yet to hear any compelling arguement why eli is suddnel;y better than ben. please enlighten me there
    He's not suddenly better, but the they are very close now.

Big Ben has two rings, but so does Eli.

Big Ben has had vastly better teammates over the years than Eli has had, and as you said teams win SBs not QBs.

In his first SB, he was a joke. They still won, but he was so terrible and had no hand in that victory.

Eli had a huge hand in both SB victories.

Who's better? I don't know. Who would I rather have? Eli. And that part right there is because I am a Giants fan who hates the Steelers. If I were a Steelers fans I would rather have Big Ben.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    He's not suddenly better, but the they are very close now.

Big Ben has two rings, but so does Eli.

Big Ben has had vastly better teammates over the years than Eli has had, and as you said teams win SBs not QBs.

In his first SB, he was a joke. They still won, but he was so terrible and had no hand in that victory.

Eli had a huge hand in both SB victories.

Who's better? I don't know. Who would I rather have? Eli. And that part right there is because I am a Giants fan who hates the Steelers. If I were a Steelers fans I would rather have Big Ben.
    i do its ben. he;s equal or better than eli in basically everything. and the whole clutch thing about eli, well ben has 27 comeback/overtime wins, and is the only person to get 20 before they turned 30.

so what possible arguement does eli have over ben

vCash
    i do its ben. he;s equal or better than eli in basically everything. and the whole clutch thing about eli, well ben has 27 comeback/overtime wins, and is the only person to get 20 before they turned 30.

so what possible arguement does eli have over ben
    1) Big Ben has had a better team around him and it's not even close. The Giants did have the best offensive line for a few years but that was a different Eli Manning. If we're talking about that Eli, then no Eli is nowhere near Big Ben.

2) Both played in two SBs. Big Ben stunk in one of them, looked like Rex Grossman. Eli had two game winning drives on the biggest stage against the Patriots, one of the times need I mention on the brink of the Pats becoming football immortals.

3) While both teams rely a ton on their QBs, the Giants rely on their QB a whole lot more and Big Ben lost to the Broncos. Yes Big Ben was hurt and he doesn't play defense but he did not have a good game. Note that if you're gonna give Big Ben a pass for his injury, you should give Eli extra credit in his 07 run for winning the SB while dislocating his throwing shoulder and not missing 1 game.

An argument can be made for both.

vCash
    Can you really list Peyton Manning #1 if he didn't even play all year?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast