Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Seriously? you put so much stock in QB Rating that you use it as a one stop shop to determine who was the best Quarterbacks this year and in what order?

I suppose Alex Smith is a Top 10 QB right? He did have the 9th best QB Rating...

I guess Phillip Rivers, for all his impressive talents, is only the 11th best Quarterback.

Eli Manning was not the 7th best Quarterback this year... Rodgers, Brees, Brady are the only Quarterbacks you can say were unarguably better, after that he has a good case...
    no, because as I have been saying all along, one year isn;t enough to drasticlal change you ranking. eli wasn't even top 10 prior to this seaosn, he doens't jump to top 5 because he had a good one

actually no, romo, stafford, schaib until he got hurt were also unquestionably better
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    They played some tough games against really good teams and lost. They also battled a ton of injuries early in the season. Overall, they were much better than their record indicated. They were probably the best 9-7 team ever.

Them winning a SB and playing lights out in the playoffs was a total team effort, but Eli was the guy who was carrying them throughout the season when things weren't going so great. On top of that he also stepped up his game to another level in the playoffs.
    yea those washington redskins and seattle seahawks a re some tough nuts to crack......................

eli carried them to a mediocre record of 9-7 (or 7-7 if you really want to count before the defense started playing well), and when his team started playing well as a whole, they looked the the superbowl team. if they got the smae prefromance from eli without the preformance of the defense, they would not be superbowl champions right now. eli did not do it alone, contrary to what you seem to think. anothe question you all never seem to want to answer and just ignore, if eli carries this team, why does it lose every playoff game the defense doesn't hold its opponent under 20?

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Yeah and stats apparently are the ONLY thing that matters when talking about the Qb position LMAO!!!

7th best my ***.
    ok fine lets us wins.......o wait he was 11th in that either. ok how about 4th quater comebakcs..............what no, you always discredit that becuase alex smith had similair stats in that case. hmmmm......what should we use then to rate eli as a quaterback? because aside from winning the superbowl, there is nothing putting ranked nearly as high as you rank him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    Really>? Youre comparing 1 player to an entire defense?

No wonder they styarted playing better at the end when the D was playing better THERES 11 MEN ON THAT DEFENSE not just 1 guy.

You have like 23k posts. I GAURANTEE at lease half of them are you talking about Eli. Get over it man..Its sad to watch
    really? you haven't figured out that football is a team sport whon by teams not individuals?

and if 11 men oin the field is the reason they played better, why were they so bad during the regualr season? did they only use 10 players then? answer this question you all always avoid. if eli carries the team to playoff wins, why do the lose EVERY game the giants defense doesn't hold their opponents to 20 or under 20? could it possbily be that maybe, just maybe, teams win, not individuals win? the answer, whether you like it or want to admit it, is yes. TEAMS not INDIVIDUALS win championships

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    ok fine lets us wins.......o wait he was 11th in that either. ok how about 4th quater comebakcs..............what no, you always discredit that becuase alex smith had similair stats in that case. hmmmm......what should we use then to rate eli as a quaterback? because aside from winning the superbowl, there is nothing putting ranked nearly as high as you rank him.
    Smith doesn't have anywhere near similar stats lol. Eli threw for almost 5000 yards last year. How much did Smith throw for lol?

I like Smith though. He is clutch and underrated. He just clearly isn't at Eli's level as an overall player. He is no where near as productive.

Stats matter...they matter a lot. They just aren't the only thing that matters. They only tell half the story. This is a concept you fail to understand.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Smith doesn't have anywhere near similar stats lol. Eli threw for almost 5000 yards last year. How much did Smith throw for lol?

I like Smith though. He is clutch and underrated. He just clearly isn't at Eli's level as an overall player. He is no where near as productive.

Stats matter...they matter a lot. They just aren't the only thing that matters. They only tell half the story. This is a concept you fail to understand.
    in 4th quater comebacks they do, which was my point. eli is clutch and is not top 5. smith is just as clutch, and yet he probally wont crack mopst top 15s

but only when the ehlp eli right? when we tlak turnvoers, they no longer matter right?

vCash
    in 4th quater comebacks they do, which was my point. eli is clutch and is not top 5. smith is just as clutch, and yet he probally wont crack mopst top 15s

but only when the ehlp eli right? when we tlak turnvoers, they no longer matter right?
    Fail.

According to nearly everyone in America, including experts, 99% of fans, players around the league, and in the upcoming vote on QBs here on PSD, he is indeed top 5. Only you and six of your "sky-is-falling" pals disagree. Sorry.

Add to that the fact that Smith is not as good as Eli in the 4th quarter--Eli just had a record breaking fourth quarter season, if you remember, including a Superbowl winning drive (but that shouldn't count according to you, because the Superbowl is the same as playing the Browns in Week two).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    Fail.

According to nearly everyone in America, including experts, 99% of fans, players around the league, and in the upcoming vote on QBs here on PSD, he is indeed top 5. Only you and six of your "sky-is-falling" pals disagree. Sorry.

Add to that the fact that Smith is not as good as Eli in the 4th quarter--Eli just had a record breaking fourth quarter season, if you remember, including a Superbowl winning drive (but that shouldn't count according to you, because the Superbowl is the same as playing the Browns in Week two).
    eli wans't top 5 before the season. he wasn;t even top 10. one good (empashis on good, not great) season doesn't suddenly bump him that high, especially when some of the people he needs to jump in the process had better seaosn then him (i.e. romo)

that 99% numbe rmight be true to you, since you generally only take the opinons of giants fans. outside of new yorkers and giants fan, that number is not even remotely close to being true

vCash
    eli wans't top 5 before the season. he wasn;t even top 10. one good (empashis on good, not great) season doesn't suddenly bump him that high, especially when some of the people he needs to jump in the process had better seaosn then him (i.e. romo)

that 99% numbe rmight be true to you, since you generally only take the opinons of giants fans. outside of new yorkers and giants fan, that number is not even remotely close to being true
    Wanna make a sig bet when we do the QB rankings here on PSD? Or have you had enough of those? EVERYONE votes in that, not just Giants fans. So, once again, why don't your money where your irrational claims are?

I say top 5, you say not. Let's see what you're made of one more time Pinny!

vCash
    My top 10 Qbs:

1) Peyton Manning
    2) Damon Huard
    3) Drew Brees
    4) Donovan McNabb
    5) Tony Romo
    6) Carson Palmer
    7) Marc Bulger
    8) Phillip Rivers
    9) Tom Brady
    10) Mark Brunell

Based purely on Qb rating...5 years ago. Does this list look good to everyone?
    DUDA

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    My top 10 Qbs:

1) Peyton Manning
    2) Damon Huard
    3) Drew Brees
    4) Donovan McNabb
    5) Tony Romo
    6) Carson Palmer
    7) Marc Bulger
    8) Phillip Rivers
    9) Tom Brady
    10) Mark Brunell

Based purely on Qb rating...5 years ago. Does this list look good to everyone?
    YOu really fail to grasp what people are saying, don't you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    Wanna make a sig bet when we do the QB rankings here on PSD? Or have you had enough of those? EVERYONE votes in that, not just Giants fans. So, once again, why don't your money where your irrational claims are?

I say top 5, you say not. Let's see what you're made of one more time Pinny!
    you want to sig bet that you can get a poll with 99% of people saying eli is top 5? you're kidding right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    YOu really fail to grasp what people are saying, don't you?
    Nope, I just disagree with it...and feel like being an *** about it.
    DUDA

vCash
    Nope, I just disagree with it...and feel like being an *** about it.
    Of course you do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    Of course you do.
    I've disagreed with it from day 1...even before Eli Manning was drafted.
    DUDA

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast