you want your 50% bet? fine. here are my condition: no giants fan can vote. how you make that happen is not my problem. make that happen, and i'll take youir bet. other wise you can stop now because im not falling for your stupid tricks
30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go
1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals
Basically, if the voting was unfair because of all the Giants fans...Eli would have been ranked top 10 last year. He wasn't though.
I personally think you would win the bet lol. I think a lot of people on PSD think Eli and Ben are interchangeable, but they are more annoyed by Eli fans so they will lean toward choosing Ben. I'm talking about your average, objective fan who doesn't really care about either guy and will make up the majority of the votes.
4. Peyton IF healthy
5. Eli/Ben, Like you said..they are both close..both solid #'s with multiple sb's
The only time ppl are annoying is when people say eli is top 3..Hes between 4-6 imo
Year after year this question is asked? You would think by now everyone on PSD would have the answer?
If Peyton is healthy(?) he would be in the top 4 probably...but I can honestly se Eli putting up better stats then a healthy Peyton next season...for the first time in Peytons career he will be on a different team, different offense and his new team will probably lack talent around him, and he had a whole year off...I think it's possible his game takes a significant step back. And Eli's last season was better then Peytons last season(2010).
5. Big Ben
Our QB > Yours
1. Drew Brees - IMO, Brees is the best QB in the NFL right now. I cant imagine what this guy would look like if he had a top receiver.
2. Tom Brady - As a Jets fan this pains me, but Im being fair. Brady is the real deal.
3. Aaron Rodgers - This guy has a bright future and will be number one soon enough. I dont think he is yet, but he is very well on his way.
4. Peyton Manning - This guy is still top 5 despite not playing last year.
5. Big Ben - I would put Eli here, but I dont like the giants. If he played for another team he would be here, but Big Ben gets it.
I posted this in the main NFL forum in the Giants/Dynasty thread, but I think its more relevant for this thread so I'm just copying and pasting it in here:
Let me give you my ranking with different tiers. Before I explain the exact order of my ranking I want to be perfectly clear that if I put them in the same tier...the order is just my personal preference and I do not necessarily disagree with were you rank them within a givin tier. If I have guys in the same tier I am saying, "its too close to rank them...this is my personal preference." I based it off stats and things that cannot be measured my stats in what I believe is a fair ratio. The following is just my opinion...its a ranking based on who I think are the best Qbs right now going into next season:
My top 3 are:
2) Brees (most accurate passer in the game EVER IMO...I might even like him more than Rodgers, and I'm killing my self for not ranking him #1...thats how much I like him)
After that it depends on if Peyton is healthy:
4) Peyton (if 100% healthy).........he joins the top tier
After that its Ben and Eli at 5/6. I personally think Eli will be better next season and is better at this current moment, but I wouldn't have a problem with anyone who said Ben. I think its a toss up:
5) Eli (you all know how I feel about him)
After that I rank the following guys in order:
7) Stafford (I like him a lot...I know its a risk to put him this high without too much experience, but I'm doing it anyway)
After that I have the following guys in order:
12) Vick (very good player...overrated Qb)
15) Smith (I am a believer)
16) Cutler (not a fan at all)
17) Dalton (solid young Qb with room to grow)
You know what....after this I just don't feel like ranking the rest lol.
But I will say this...I like Luck and RG3 A LOT! I think they BOTH will crack the top 15 next season. Maybe thats a bit of a bold prediction, but its my prediction, and I'm stickin by it.