Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Day 48: core cardio and balance today, which I like. I kept thinking during the exercise that I'd be much better off using that exercise in place of the max recovery workout for next week. Got a nice sweat worked up but none of the exercises are particularly strenuous on the body.

vCash
    Day 49: did the fit test today. Everything went up yet again, which I'm happy with considering I didn't use a PWO today like I did the last time I did the fit test.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Day 49: did the fit test today. Everything went up yet again, which I'm happy with considering I didn't use a PWO today like I did the last time I did the fit test.
    Keep goin' bro! Just two weeks left!

I just finished Day 24 today.

vCash
    Day 50: did my workout today, and it didn't go as well as I would have liked. For whatever reason, my legs were just exhausted after about 5 minutes. I pushed through as much as I could, but it still wasn't great.

vCash
    Day 51: max interval plyo today, which I hate, but today went decently well. I can't believe I only have 11 days left (well, 12, but the last day is an off day, so it doesn't really count).

vCash
    Day 52: for some reason, the max cardio workout (which I did today) seems every bit as long as the other two main month two workouts, even though it's 12 minutes shorter. My legs and arms were shaking by the time I was done, which I take as a good sign since I gave it everything I had.

vCash
    Day 53: today was supposed to be a recovery day, but because of what my schedule looks like for the rest of the week I decided to push Wednesday's workout up to today. Bad decision. I wasn't feeling great today after not getting a lot of sleep last night and I was feeling nauseous about halfway through the workout and just overall sick to my stomach, in addition to my muscles not really being up to par. The next two days will consist of light workouts so that should let me get some strength back, because right now I am pretty burned out.

vCash
    Day 54: recovery day. Nothing exciting to report.

Day 55: Workout was fine yesterday, but man do I hate all of those "burner" workouts. But on the plus side, the workout is relatively low intensity and only 37 minutes long. Oh, and now I'm officially on my last week of the program...well, before I start it up again about a week after I finish.

vCash
    Day 56: posted something similar in the supplements thread, but today I didn't feel great at all working out. Didn't use my PWO today and didn't feel nearly as explosive as usual and I had to shake out my hip flexors/shoulders/quads a ton. My body is really starting to feel worn down from 3 consecutive weeks of the 5 intense workouts per week plus 1 comparatively low intensity workout, which I have read is a problem a lot of people have while doing insanity. I'm looking forward to finishing up and having a recovery week.

vCash
    Day 57: scheduled day off

Day 58: went to a party on Saturday night at my friend's house two hours from where I live, tried to sleep on their couch and couldn't, and ended up driving home at 5 in the morning. Didn't get to bed until 7:50 a.m. and woke up at 12:50 in the afternoon. I was just too worn out to work out on Sunday, and I figured it wouldn't be good for me to stress my body after such little sleep the night before. I'll be pushing back all my workouts one day and finish on Friday instead of Thursday.

Day 59: workout went really great up until about 10 minutes left (well, 5 minutes because the last 5 minutes are stretching), at which point I felt really nauseous. I didn't have as much water to drink today as I should have and it made me dizzy in my workout, which I think created the nauseous feeling. I slowly went through the last couple of minutes, but I don't think I really lost a lot because my muscles were too exhausted at that point to do a ton anyways.

vCash
    Played ultimate today for almost 2 hours, got dinner, took care of some hw, then played basketball for 2 hours. Then went and worked out for about an hour after. Really not looking forward to how sore I'm going to be tomorrow.

Would never have been able to do that pre-insanity. Only a few days left man finish strong

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Day 60-61: took these off to study for my intermediate accounting test. Still did terrible on the test anyways...sigh. I'll be going through day 64 now to finish up all the exercises.

Day 62: it's amazing how much better I feel during workouts after days off than I do when it's just balls to the walls for several days straight. I felt a little nauseous again today in the middle of the exercise but it went away after about 10 minutes. Only two days left!

vCash
    Day 60-61: took these off to study for my intermediate accounting test. Still did terrible on the test anyways...sigh. I'll be going through day 64 now to finish up all the exercises.

Day 62: it's amazing how much better I feel during workouts after days off than I do when it's just balls to the walls for several days straight. I felt a little nauseous again today in the middle of the exercise but it went away after about 10 minutes. Only two days left!
    I just clicked on and started reading this thread today. How are your numbers doing? I'm 6'3 and 230. Much heavier then I've ever been. Actually my peak was 235 about 3 weeks ago, but I just got back in the gym and started training. When I saw you were 6'2 and 180 to start, I couldn't imagine myself back down to 180. Haven't seen that since Sophomore year of college I suppose (8 years ago.) Is this Insanity program something you recommending to others?

vCash

Keep it up man, you're so close! You gotta post your numbers when you do that last fit test!

Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    I just clicked on and started reading this thread today. How are your numbers doing? I'm 6'3 and 230. Much heavier then I've ever been. Actually my peak was 235 about 3 weeks ago, but I just got back in the gym and started training. When I saw you were 6'2 and 180 to start, I couldn't imagine myself back down to 180. Haven't seen that since Sophomore year of college I suppose (8 years ago.) Is this Insanity program something you recommending to others?
    I'm actually doing Insanity right now too, I'm on Day 38. I would definitely recommend it! I wasn't too out of shape at the beginning, just looking to cut fat for the summer. But I've lost about 10 lbs so far doing Insanity with a fairly strict diet and lifting 3 days a week. I won't steal too much more of NYM's thunder since this is his thread but I'd recommend it to just about anyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    I'm down to 175 now but I've also put on a solid amount of muscle, so in terms of fat loss it's a decent amount more than just -5 lbs would seem. Unfortunately I didn't take measurements before I started, but I definitely look skinnier and am stronger than when I started. Also, I didn't follow the diet plan at all. I cut out a large percentage of the junk food from my diet, but if you more strictly followed the recommended diet I'm sure you'll lose a bunch of weight. It's hard for me to cook several meals a day for just myself, and it's also a huge pain in the *** for me since I don't like cooking all that much (plus it's not cheap and I'm a college student). They recommend 5 meals a day, I basically just did my normal 3. Every now and then I'd split chicken and pasta into two separate smaller meals of just chicken and just pasta.

And definitely it's something I'd recommend to others, no question. If you're just looking to get jacked, I wouldn't recommend it because it's a lot of cardio/plyometrics (aka jumping and ****) which will burn fat and build muscle but it won't make you look like a bodybuilder. But as an overall fitness routine to help get yourself back into shape, I like it a lot. My only word of caution is to make sure you keep your back as straight as you can during the drills where you bend over or touch the floor. I didn't try at all to keep it straight for the first week or two and it's basically taken up until now for my lower back to recover to about 95-98% of normal after having a sore lower back pretty frequently for a period of about a month. Funny enough, the only thing that would make my back pain go away was doing my daily workout which loosened the muscles up.
    Last edited by Nymfan87; 04-06-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast