Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I certainly looked better afterwards though and felt physically better. For you, at 6'0 - 174, whether you are in great shape, overweight, or something else, you probably have at least a fair amount of muscle so when you finish..

vCash
    Days 27-36: I was at home so I didn't do a great job of keeping up with this thread. I skipped a few of the rest and recovery workouts to let my lower back stop rest for a few days.

Day 37: I only did the fitness test today because I had **** to do and I couldn't devote over two hours to working out today. I was surprised I still beat my old fitness test scores pretty handily despite not doing a ton of physical activity for the past week while I was at home for spring break. Month two begins tomorrow!

vCash
    Day 38: first day of month two. It's almost absurd how hard it is. It became clear to me very quickly that unlike month 1, month two is more about survival than anything. I finished my workout about an hour ago and I still feel a little winded. It's where the program really earns its name.

vCash
    Day 39: dear god these workouts are hard. My entire body is just exhausted right now and the month 1 exercises were nothing compared to this. I feel like if I went back to a month 1 exercise, it would almost feel like a day off. But I also felt sore for the first few days during month 1, so hopefully by the end of the week I can do the workouts without feeling like I'm going to die at the end.

vCash
    Day 40: I think I strained a muscle on the left side of my lower back yesterday, but the pain went away after I started exercising for a few minutes after hurting all day, which was great. Today's workout was "only" 47 minutes, but I was still exhausted about halfway through. It is a little discouraging that since the workouts are so hard I have to spend more time resting, because it makes me feel like I'm not giving my all, but I know month two kicks everyone's *** so I try not to get too down for that.

vCash
    Funny you say that cause I was doing a couple vid. routine workouts and would get so mad when I couldn't keep pace or had to take extended breaks. However I reminded myself I was not a personal trainer let alone the people who created these videos and have done these routines a bunch of times.

vCash
    Day 41: felt like I did better today than I did when I did the same workout a few days ago. I was starting to get concerned because my left knee started to hurt pretty bad towards the end of my workout, but it went away almost immediately after the workout was over. Looking forward to my day off tomorrow.

vCash
    Day 42: day off

Day 43: I'm still not able to really tell if I have a good workout or not on a given day. On one hand, I get exhausted with about 20 minutes to go, but on the other, the workouts are way more intense and I should be more tired. Once month two is over, I'm definitely going to do a couple of month 1 workouts to see if they're suddenly very easy by comparison and it was just the harder workout giving me the illusion that I wasn't really making progress.

vCash
    Just did the Fit test on the last day of the schedule, day 63 of 63 complete. I thought the same thing you're thinking going through month 2. It really is insane. I had to take a lot of breaks because it is just so hard, and I felt I wasn't giving it my all either. I thought the same exact thing about how going back to month 1 would be like a day off

Now that I'm done I'm going to go to the gym and do some different workouts for a week or 2, then I'll take a few days off to relax and start it all over again and see how easy the first month is for me.

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsrock229 View Post
    Just did the Fit test on the last day of the schedule, day 63 of 63 complete. I thought the same thing you're thinking going through month 2. It really is insane. I had to take a lot of breaks because it is just so hard, and I felt I wasn't giving it my all either. I thought the same exact thing about how going back to month 1 would be like a day off

Now that I'm done I'm going to go to the gym and do some different workouts for a week or 2, then I'll take a few days off to relax and start it all over again and see how easy the first month is for me.
    Congrats on finishing! Care to post your before and after results for the fit test?

vCash
    Day 44: I was really happy with how my workout went today. I really felt like even though I've only been doing the month two workouts for a week, I've already made some pretty big strides for being able to do more and not having to take as many breaks. Only downside is right now my right shoulder is popping a lot during pushups and my left knee is making cracking noises (not hurting, but still annoying) during some kicking exercises.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Congrats on finishing! Care to post your before and after results for the fit test?
    Thanks!
    Switch Kicks 31 (62kicks) -> 75 (150kicks)
    Power Jacks 41 -> 55
    Power Knees 35 -> 110
    Power Jumps 25 -> 60
    Globe Jumps 8 -> 11 (could've done more, constricted area for these)
    Suicide Jumps 12 -> 20 (absolutely hate these)
    Push-up Jacks 20 -> 40
    Low Plank Oblique 43 -> 75

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Day 45: man, the month two plyometrics workout sucks balls. So much pain...so much suffering. Luckily, I only have to do it 3 more times and then I am never going to do it ever again.

vCash
    Day 46: I went ahead and did the cardio abs exercise today, mostly because I didn't want to do it tomorrow in addition to the regular max cardio workout. I did about the first 8 minutes of the max recovery video before turning it off because I thought it was just really stupid. I'd rather have either a pure recovery day like the month 1 exercise, or a regular workout that is just less intense. I'll probably end up substituting in a month 1 workout for my max recovery day next week. It was like 47 minutes of yoga and I didn't get anything out of the time I actually stuck around for.

vCash
    Day 47: workout went well today, and I don't have anything particularly exciting to report other than I can do 20 good form push-ups now, and I haven't been able to do that in a couple of years.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast