Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Nymfan87's insanity thread

So earlier today/yesterday (it is 2:30 in the morning after all) I started the insanity workout program. I'm currently about 6'2 180 lbs and my goal is to drop down to 170 by the time it's over, plus improve in my general fitness. Hopefully creating this thread will give me even more motivation to keep up with the program. Any tips from the fitness regulars? Or has anybody here done the program before/known somebody who has?

Day 1: reminded me that I'm really out of shape. By the time it was over, I was absolutely exhausted even though it was only a ~25 minute workout. I haven't been this worn out since I played baseball in high school and our coach thought for some reason that baseball players needed intense cardio workouts. I'll probably be really sore tomorrow.

vCash
    Good luck bro, stick with it!!

"I am built for power, not for speed."--Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior21 View Post
    Good luck bro, stick with it!!
    Yep. From personal experience, I can tell you there is no secret when doing Insanity. Just stay hydrated, do the program everyday, and you are set. Best of luck!
    YES. WE. DID.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiWadeCounty View Post
    Yep. From personal experience, I can tell you there is no secret when doing Insanity. Just stay hydrated, do the program everyday, and you are set. Best of luck!
    What were your results like? Better than expected? Worse? About the same?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    What were your results like? Better than expected? Worse? About the same?
    About the same. Weight wise, I didn't have much to lose and underneath my fat I didn't (and still don't) have that much muscle. I certainly looked better afterwards though and felt physically better. For you, at 6'2 - 180, whether you are in great shape, overweight, or something else, you probably have at least a fair amount of muscle so when you finish, you should see better overall results.
    YES. WE. DID.

vCash
    Thanks for the reply MWC.

Day 2: I actually feel better today after the workout than I did yesterday despite the workout being 15 minutes longer and me having a little soreness. My arms were exhausted about 3/4 of the way through because so much of the exercise was spent in a push-up position or actually doing push-ups, so that limited me a bit in how much I was able to do. But overall, so far so good.

vCash
    Day 3: soreness was pretty bad today, but I still did the workout. Feels like my legs are going to fall off, but I know within a week or so the soreness will be gone, and I'll be glad that I didn't skip any days. Tomorrow is the "recovery day," which is a light workout, and it couldn't have come at a better time.

vCash
    Day 4: I thought the recovery day was really great; worked just hard enough to sweat a bit and warm my muscles up but I know I won't be sore tomorrow because of it. But my right shoulder is killing me.

vCash
    Good Luck Bro!!
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Well, today was kind of a dud. When I started exercising my lower back seized up really bad, and even 3 advil later it still hurts, so I figured I'd just not do it today. Friday was normally scheduled to be my day off, but I guess I'll move it up to today. Hopefully by the time I wake up tomorrow the pain will be gone. Anyone have any great ideas of how to help it? Does icy hot work?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Well, today was kind of a dud. When I started exercising my lower back seized up really bad, and even 3 advil later it still hurts, so I figured I'd just not do it today. Friday was normally scheduled to be my day off, but I guess I'll move it up to today. Hopefully by the time I wake up tomorrow the pain will be gone. Anyone have any great ideas of how to help it? Does icy hot work?
    I don't know any ideas on how to make your pain better, but I think you definitely made a smart move by not doing it today. Lower back problems are one of the injuries you don't want to mess with. Feel better!
    YES. WE. DID.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiWadeCounty View Post
    I don't know any ideas on how to make your pain better, but I think you definitely made a smart move by not doing it today. Lower back problems are one of the injuries you don't want to mess with. Feel better!
    Yeah, the pain is really weird. I don't feel it at all unless I start jogging in place or something like that, and then I feel a huge shockwave of pain start just above my butt and work its way up into the middle of my back.

vCash
    Day 5/6: I managed to work out today after 3 advil plus icy hot (which burned like a *****, by the way), and hopefully I won't regret it because right now my lower back hurts. My roommate is a future physical therapist and he thinks I have an inflamed nerve in my lower back, so it doesn't seem to be a muscle problem, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. But anyways, I just hope I feel good when I wake up tomorrow morning.

vCash
    Day 7: My lower back is still a little sore, but it loosened up after about 5 minutes of exercising. Nothing very exciting to report otherwise, other than that I have stuck with this for a week and I don't feel at all like I'm at risk of stopping.

vCash
    Woops, forgot to post on this yesterday.

Day 8: more of the same, but I'm not sure how much I'm really progressing. It seems like my muscles are getting tired pretty early on in my workouts and I'm having to slow down to maintain form.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast