Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
    vCash
    we absolutely cannot afford to sign hickson and mayo next year. wont happen. mayo will get 10mil easily. hickson probably 9-10... we have $13.5, and if olshey makes a couple small moves like moving price, itll be about $15.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC27 View Post
    we absolutely cannot afford to sign hickson and mayo next year. wont happen. mayo will get 10mil easily. hickson probably 9-10... we have $13.5, and if olshey makes a couple small moves like moving price, itll be about $15.
    I thought that we could sign a FA and then go over the cap to resign Hickson?

Is that only for Restricted FAs?
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

vCash
    The way i understand it, a player receives bird rights once he has been with a team for 3 years on one contract. If they are traded then their bird rights are removed, however if they are waived like hickson was, and another team picks up that same contract, then he keeps his bird rights.

There have been cases where it gets murky like billups and jeremy lin, but they had to go to appeal it and bunch of loops to jump through.

the "bird" comes from larry bird, being the first person to have the option used on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Also, their is no way that Hickson and mathews lands us Cousins...
    That Kings team needs stability and leaders, they have none. Matthews is a leader, we would have to do some convincing but I think the team would trade Cousins.

vCash
    Hickson would bolt from SAC the second he is a FA. He desperately wanted out of there right before we claimed him. Why would SAC trade their centerpiece for an above average SG with good intangibles and a guy they will only have a couple months with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazers23 View Post
    That Kings team needs stability and leaders, they have none. Matthews is a leader, we would have to do some convincing but I think the team would trade Cousins.
    Hickson would never go back to Sac and they would never take him back.

vCash
    Maybe when sale is done and Sonics are back but until then neither side would ever even consider it.

vCash
    The way i understand it, a player receives bird rights once he has been with a team for 3 years on one contract. If they are traded then their bird rights are removed, however if they are waived like hickson was, and another team picks up that same contract, then he keeps his bird rights.

There have been cases where it gets murky like billups and jeremy lin, but they had to go to appeal it and bunch of loops to jump through.

the "bird" comes from larry bird, being the first person to have the option used on him.
    Csnnw had an article yesterday that hickson does in fact have his bird rights still and would have to waive those rights to be traded, so he holds all the power. I'm sure he would rather stay pad his stats and hope for a good FA contract

vCash
    Ok so I researched it more. We have his bird rights... But it's a $7.6 mil cap hold. I don't think olshey would want that much money tied up while Persuing others.

vCash
    If we buy out Jeffries, Ronnie price, Sasha Pavlovich we will have $15 mil to spend.

vCash
    If we buy out Jeffries, Ronnie price, Sasha Pavlovich we will have $15 mil to spend.
    I'd jefferies around, he's a glue guy. Like Camby, keeping the young guys settled down.

vCash
    Ok so I researched it more. We have his bird rights... But it's a $7.6 mil cap hold. I don't think olshey would want that much money tied up while Persuing others.
    Why would the blazers have a cap hold? He's not a RFA, theyre just able to go over the cap to re-sign him cause of his bird rights. Maybe im wrong but thats how i understood it.

vCash
    I believe there is a cap hold. It keeps teams from going and spending 100+ in a year. I'm just going off a few sites that are trying to answer the same question. But here is the common answer...

http://data.shamsports.com/content/p...es/blazers.jsp

vCash
    do we now try to trade Hickson with us being .500? theres a few names we should try to grab but there doesnt seem to be any talk

vCash
    the more i think about it... if we can get mayo, that solves so much of our problems. back up PG, scorer off the bench whether we move mathews to the bench or mayo. then we would just have to secure one big. maybe get a big for hickson and our 1st (i dont think we will lose it). We dont need a an offensive center just a rim protector, like a lopez though that'd be through FA not a trade. Leonard will be better than this year and should be a viable back up.

Lillard/Mayo
    Mayo/Mathews/Barton
    Batum/
    Aldridge/Freeland
    Lopez/Leonard

I love it.

Mayo fits our offense SO well. Pick and roll and a great perimeter shooter. he can also iso. we wouldnt lose anything when lillard goes out or heavens forbid gets hurt.

Ignore what i sent to the other teams (it would be through FA and we will lose those players anyways). just what PER would think our win increase would be.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a7m4ze8

I strongly believe Mayo's play will continue to degrade and lower his price. I dont think he will get a max, but around 10. remember if we buy out price, pav and jefferies we will have a tad over $15 mil.
    Last edited by RC27; 01-20-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast