Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I like the effort of the trade.. but i dont want bargnani AT ALL. very inefficient scorer and a the worse rebounding Center in the league. his BBall IQ is extremely low also. our rebounding would be non existent once you rid of hickson. Our Defense would be even more awful.

also we would lose all free agent flexibility.
    Last edited by RC27; 12-15-2012 at 07:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC27 View Post
    I like the effort of the trade.. but i dont want bargnani AT ALL. very inefficient scorer and a the worse rebounding Center in the league. his BBall IQ is extremely low also. our rebounding would be non existent once you rid of hickson. Our Defense would be even more awful.
    I'm not incredibly high on Bargnani but I think he can work here. He's capable of getting 20pts 5rpg 2bpg 3-4apg. He just lacks the effort in Toronto and really can you blame him? I agree Bargani isn't the greatest center right now, but I associate his lack of effort with the situation he's in. New place, and he will respond. I do agree with our rebounding being lost, but we shouldn't have to rely on 1 guy(Hickson) to do literally ALL our rebounding for us. WE(Blazers) need to rebound better. Plain and simple.
    Last edited by Blazers23; 12-15-2012 at 07:59 PM.

vCash
    hickson is good for around 11 a game, Bargnani 5. 6 rebounds in one game can lose you the game. we are already pretty soft inside. Bargnani even at his best he is not an inside scorer. if we had a banger at PF then i would like it. but aldridge is already a pick and pop guy, we do not need two of them.

i also dont think he would average 20 on a team with batum, aldridge and lillard. i honestly think he would be a 4th option. 14 & 5. He also has had an injury riddled past.

if we could get hickson straight up for him maybe, but mathews is a stud. and the only reason i say maybe instead of yes for bargnani and hickson is we lose 10 of our 13.5 mil in FA. and we would have no way besides draft to develop a bench.

vCash
    I believe we will stay quiet at the trade deadline. Our future is in the lotto this year and FA. We dont need anymore scoring in our starting 5, just rebounds, block shots and size. next year we can find that relatively cheap. i like Robin lopez. probably 4-6 mil. still young. or tiago splitter, zaza etc.

I think given starter minutes, Splitter can average 14 and 9. he is also 27, same as aldridge.

Then find a scorer for the bench. give a guy 9-10mil, like tyreke evans, stuckey, JJ redick. etc.

OR split the 13.5 mil and get 2-3 solid guys. like a pakcage of Willie Green, tiago, and jarret Jack. and draft a banger at PF like Mcadoo.

Exhibit 1:
    Lillard/Evans
    Mathews/Evans/Barton
    Batum/filler
    Aldridge/Mcadoo
    Lopez/Leonard

Exhibit 2:
    Lillard/Jack
    Mathews/Green
    Batum/Pavlovic (pick up option)
    Aldridge/Mcadoo
    Splitter/Leonard

the probablity of these exact rosters are slim to none, but i prefer the looks of #2.
    Last edited by RC27; 12-15-2012 at 08:40 PM.

vCash
    hickson is good for around 11 a game, Bargnani 5. 6 rebounds in one game can lose you the game. we are already pretty soft inside. Bargnani even at his best he is not an inside scorer. if we had a banger at PF then i would like it. but aldridge is already a pick and pop guy, we do not need two of them.

i also dont think he would average 20 on a team with batum, aldridge and lillard. i honestly think he would be a 4th option. 14 & 5. He also has had an injury riddled past.

if we could get hickson straight up for him maybe, but mathews is a stud. and the only reason i say maybe instead of yes for bargnani and hickson is we lose 10 of our 13.5 mil in FA. and we would have no way besides draft to develop a bench.
    Great points, however I think Bargnani or any other center at that should score more and would score more with this team. Lillards job and any PG at that, main job is to run the offense and distribute the ball. Look at any elite PG and you can see they all distribute at a high level, Rondo, Nash, Paul and even Deron. Setting their bigs up with easy buckets THEN allows PG to take outside shots and open up the offense.

I agree with your point on needing and having a "banger" because hustle guys are the ones that make or break a team. I loved Gerald Wallace's hustle and high motor but I also thought it was a grade trade we made for the 6th pick.

Hickson is great and really a dependable player but I think for essentially Matthews and Hickson we get back Garcia, Ross, and Bargnani. Which fills a few of our needs. Leonard can essentially become our Hickson JR. He just needs a little more time.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...l-blazers-back

vCash
    I believe we will stay quiet at the trade deadline. Our future is in the lotto this year and FA. We dont need anymore scoring in our starting 5, just rebounds, block shots and size. next year we can find that relatively cheap. i like Robin lopez. probably 4-6 mil. still young. or tiago splitter, zaza etc.

Then find a scorer for the bench. give a guy 9-10mil, like tyreke evans, stuckey, JJ redick. etc.

OR split the 13.5 mil and get 2-3 solid guys. like a pakcage of gary neal, tiago, and john lucas.
    That could also be a possibility, lots of great players in FA, thing is most won't make Portland their first choice and more than likely won't come here. Our bench is a flat out joke. I believe we need to make a move to bring in players to "shake it up". Our core can't handle playing big minutes just to let the bench and our tired starters lose it.
    Draft is also the most likely direction the team will go in but I think Neil Olshey is more active than that and will not sit back while our starters play huge minutes for nothing but a losing record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazers23 View Post
    That could also be a possibility, lots of great players in FA, thing is most won't make Portland their first choice and more than likely won't come here. Our bench is a flat out joke. I believe we need to make a move to bring in players to "shake it up". Our core can't handle playing big minutes just to let the bench and our tired starters lose it.
    Draft is also the most likely direction the team will go in but I think Neil Olshey is more active than that and will not sit back while our starters play huge minutes for nothing but a losing record.
    I strongly believe Olshey (he would never admit it) wants to be in the lotto. the 8thto 7th seed is an AWFUL place to be. and same goes with 9th or 10th in the conference. One more big rookie to make a core of 3 guys for post aldridge in 3 or so years.

also...

yeah FA's wont want to come here, big name ones at least. offer a guy like tiago 7-8mil and a starting spot with a team on the rise and a top 10 PG, i think he will have a hard time turning that down.
    Last edited by RC27; 12-15-2012 at 08:48 PM.

vCash
    We wont get Brags and im sure the asking price is a lot.

But i wouldnt mind having him here. Watching him in the Stotts offense would be fun

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    We wont get Brags and im sure the asking price is a lot.

But i wouldnt mind having him here. Watching him in the Stotts offense would be fun
    I'm not so sure the price would be all that high for him, we'd have to kick the tires on him a bit but I really think they are mutually fed up with one another. He just got injured and he already reported he is pissed along with coach and DeRozan. Might be the perfect time to pitch a trade to them.

vCash
    we would be giving up even MORE depth! 3 team trades are so difficult to construct.

even straight up hickson, mathews for bargs and TRoss we get destroyed.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d2l4fnl

and with your proposed trade, we get even worse. yes it is a simulation, but its the best insight we have.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=crmhzel
    Last edited by RC27; 12-15-2012 at 09:14 PM.

vCash
    we would be giving up even MORE depth! 3 team trades are so difficult to construct.

even straight up hickson, mathews for bargs and TRoss we get destroyed.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d2l4fnl

and with your proposed trade, we get even worse. yes it is a simulation, but its the best insight we have.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=crmhzel
    I would hardly consider Pavlovic or Freeland any kind of "depth" They are at most roster filler. We'd really only give up Matthews and Hickson. We would recieve depth and in a usable form in Francisco Garcia or we could start him at SG. Either way Ross is closer to Lillard and Batum in age with ensures they grow as players together. The trade would give us a Usable center for now while Leonard develops, It gives us Garcia to provide a breather for our starters and not completely blow it. Lastly, gives us the future in a local favorite, Terrance Ross.

BTW, I'm just exploring this idea as that just an idea. Not trying to start arguments just discussion and others insight. Maybe Olshley see's this thread and gives me an assistant job.
    Last edited by Blazers23; 12-15-2012 at 09:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazers23 View Post
    I'm not so sure the price would be all that high for him, we'd have to kick the tires on him a bit but I really think they are mutually fed up with one another. He just got injured and he already reported he is pissed along with coach and DeRozan. Might be the perfect time to pitch a trade to them.
    lol i was looking up stats. Brags and DD have been pretty bad this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    lol i was looking up stats. Brags and DD have been pretty bad this year
    Definitely. They need a change of scenery.

vCash
    Anyone notice Robin Lopez has had a very good year. 11 pts, 6 rebs, 2 blks, 53% FG, 77% FT and a 19 PER's. Only playing 26 mins and he's also only 24 years old.

There aren't many centers out there left next year and who knows how long Leonard is going to take just to get to these numbers.

What I do know is that Lillard will most likely be a 20 pt/7 *** guy next year with a ready Aldridge/Batum/Matthews.

We could be ready next year to compete if our off season is good. The draft won't yield us a rotation guy at the 8-12th pick (unless we are very lucky).

If we wait 2-3 years for draft development we could see Aldridge aging into a David West. 17 pts and heading downwards. That means more reliance on outside shooting to win games.

This offseason is very important and not the draft---unless we tank. Right now we are flirting with the position to lose our draft pick. Odds on us having he 13th pick right now.

vCash
    I think we need to be quiet this year at the deadline.. (maybe trade Hickson if we dont think we can re sign him) My reasoning is that I think were two solid players away from being a contender.. This off season we will probably get another lottery pick and have the money to sign a legit free agent. I think if we can acquire a solid SG (Tyreke Evans) in the offseason and center we would be set.. if this were to happen we could have Matthews and Hickson coming off the bench and still playing solid minutes

Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast