Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't believe that Leonard has been improving each game. In our 6 wins he is at 2.5 points and 2.5 rebs. In the losses he is at 6.3 and 4.8 respectfully. I've only seen one game that he made late game contributions (defense, a dunk, and important freethrows). And that game was 7 games ago. He is scoring ok in our losses but that's not improvement.

Don't miss read my quotes I do believe that Leonard can be our center of the future...like RC27 said he has the raw abilities (plus he can shoot a jump shot and FT's). I was hoping for a faster up swing once the games started and he doesn't look that good on the floor when I watch. I've only seen about 8 games so I did miss chances to see him.

And finally I do HOPE that he starts by the end of the year because I believe that to really improve he needs to be in the situations that starters are in not the bench.

vCash
    well... if this trend continues we will probably have a top 8 pick. archie goodwin? the guy handles, and could run point at times when lillard is out. or Muhammed and put him at the 2 instead of 3.

if we have a pick later in the lotto, i would look at another big. PF Preferably. or hit it big and get Nerlens!!! Nerlens and Leonard for the future! lol

We are healthy and lost to Detroit, Wash and to be honest its not looking good going in to CLE. i think the next week or two will determine how our season goes. Injuries are inevitable, if we cant win against the worse teams when we are healthy, its not looking good when it is FEB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC27 View Post
    well... if this trend continues we will probably have a top 8 pick. archie goodwin? the guy handles, and could run point at times when lillard is out. or Muhammed and put him at the 2 instead of 3.

if we have a pick later in the lotto, i would look at another big. PF Preferably. or hit it big and get Nerlens!!! Nerlens and Leonard for the future! lol

We are healthy and lost to Detroit, Wash and to be honest its not looking good going in to CLE. i think the next week or two will determine how our season goes. Injuries are inevitable, if we cant win against the worse teams when we are healthy, its not looking good when it is FEB.
    Except we were not healthy. Half the team had a flue as well as other bumps and bruises. Not saying that makes it ok to lose to Washington but not as doom and gloom as you make it.

vCash
    Pistons are 5-12 on year but 4-3 at home. We are young. Not that big a shock.

vCash
    Looking at schedule if Lillard is out his slump and Batum has finally gotten back on track after that flue then we could win 5 in a row including tonight leading into Spurs game.

vCash
    We face the Kings 3 times in December. Feels like 3 wins to me barring serious injury.

vCash
    Shen, there is no excuse for this road trip except we have sucked. You cannot put those losses on the flu. In my opinion we will not make the playoffs, period. i dont think Olshey or Paul allen think we will. its a part of the plan. the year wears on ANY team. if we lose one starter for a stretch, we are screwed.

and counting on the kings as 3 wins.. counting chickens before they hatch? just like you said we'd beat washington.

I would not mind being wrong though
    Last edited by RC27; 12-02-2012 at 05:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC27 View Post
    Shen, there is no excuse for this road trip except we have sucked. You cannot put those losses on the flu. In my opinion we will not make the playoffs, period. i dont think Olshey or Paul allen think we will. its a part of the plan. the year wears on ANY team. if we lose one starter for a stretch, we are screwed.

and counting on the kings as 3 wins.. counting chickens before they hatch? just like you said we'd beat washington.

I would not mind being wrong though
    I don't know what the Blazers cap room looks like for next offseason. I would assume they will have some room to get somebody since there are a lot of guys on this team with small contracts.

This team has to get much better to be a contender year in and year out. I believe the Blazers lose their pick if it is not in the top 13. So say the Blazers make it as an 8 seed, or even worse they just miss the playoffs. They then go without a first round pick and have to rely on free agents to get better. Many people in the league believe the worst place to be is 7th seed to just missing the playoffs since you get a lower pick and don't have much room to improve.

My hope for this team is simple. I hope the teams grows and shows improvement. I hope we see glimpses of this team that leave us excited for the future. I hope the team has a good season, but I hope they end up in the top 10 for draft picks. I hope they can get a good C somewhere, or get a SG to let Matthews be the sixth man. A few guys I'd like for this team that may be coming out of this draft...
    Noel, Bazz, Smart, Len....any of those four would fit a need

vCash
    Olshey will make it so we have the maximum amount possible to spend which is about $13.5mil.

i think we will get around the 8th pick. just a prediction. Noel will most likely be #1. so we wouid have to get Effing lucky! but a leonard Nerlens future with batum and lillard would be sick.

i also like Isaiah austin a 7' PF with range. then of course shabazz AND archie goodwin, who can be a combo guard and high motor.

any of those 4 i would be happy, then have the $13.5mil. someone like Mayo or tyreke. both can play multiple positions and score. there is an abundance of bigs who can play defense in FA so sign one for cheap. i think mayo will get around 12 mil, i think for a guy who isnt often injured at age 25, he is well worth it.

vCash
    also mcadoo stock is falling... it'd be nice to snag him buy trading in to the mid 1st with cash if that is possible. every year teams sell their 1st. its a stretch but you never know

vCash
    I'm getting high on Mayo but I believe that others will offer him good money and a starting position. I'm not sure we can offer him a starting position. He didn't like coming off the bench for the Grizzlies if I remember correctly. Matthews is having a good year (should be a career one when all said and done) If Matthews was a little worse then it would be easy to just offer the starting position to Mayo. But now they will have to fight it out and Matthews is a very strong defender and vocal leader of the team (should be the Captain). If you were Mayo would you liked to be told come join our team and you can battle Matthews for the starting position?

However can you imagine our small lineup.
    Aldridge
    Batum
    Matthews
    Mayo
    Lillard

Thats a very dangerous, fast, and high scoring (small) lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kao Sorn View Post
    I'm getting high on Mayo but I believe that others will offer him good money and a starting position. I'm not sure we can offer him a starting position. He didn't like coming off the bench for the Grizzlies if I remember correctly. Matthews is having a good year (should be a career one when all said and done) If Matthews was a little worse then it would be easy to just offer the starting position to Mayo. But now they will have to fight it out and Matthews is a very strong defender and vocal leader of the team (should be the Captain). If you were Mayo would you liked to be told come join our team and you can battle Matthews for the starting position?

However can you imagine our small lineup.
    Aldridge
    Batum
    Matthews
    Mayo
    Lillard

Thats a very dangerous, fast, and high scoring (small) lineup.
    We already are getting beat on boards and points in the paint with our already small front line why would we go even smaller.

vCash
    We will never win points in paint because we don't care about them. We are not after them. The offense does not call for them. Stop freaking out over getting so few when the coaches and players have all mentioned that is not what they are going for and it is not what is called for.

(This is directed to all those who keep bringing up points in the paint)

vCash
    The small lineup won't be for rebounding. It would be a tool to generate offense only. I don't like small lineups used the whole game (Old Sun's team) but I do think they have their place in the system. And my previous one would be great. However if I could have a wish that the blazers would be the best in it would be rebounding.

vCash
    Trade Idea- Blazers, Toronto and Kings

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bwt5sfb

If you can't see the link, the trade is basically this:

Blazers get-
    C- Andrea Bargani from Toronto
    SF- Francisco Garcia from Kings
    SG- Terrance Ross from Toronto- Portland Native

Kings get-
    PG- Jose Calderon from Toronto
    PF- Joel Freeland from Blazers
    G- John Lucas from Toronto
    SG/SF- Sasha Pavlovic from Blazers

Toronto gets-
    SG- Wes Matthews from Blazers
    PF/C- JJ Hickson from Blazers
    PG- Aaron Brooks from Kings
    SG- Jimmer Freddete from Kings

Reasoning- My reasoning behind this trade is that it works for all parties involved with of course some cash and draft picks thrown in to sweeten the deal.

1. I think it works the the blazers because we get a Center first off that can shoot and shoot the 3 as well. Yes, Bargani doesn't rebound well but that's what Aldridge is for and visa-versa. Bargani would provide an immediate Center and let Leonard learn and grow into a better center. Francisco Garcia will provide depth to either SG and SF position, he is an intelligent player that can do a little bit of everything. Lastly, Terrance Ross. Youth to pair with our young core and what better place to do that in than in his backyard of PDX!

2. Works for the Kings because they Calderon who we all know can distribute the ball and rack up assists. Something the Kings scoring guards desperately need. Evans, Thornton, Thompson, Cousins and yes, even Salmons. It would give their coach some experience and maturity with Pavlovic and Lucas. Freeland would be the project who can still grow into something special with time something the Blazers don't want to take on another project, already having Leonard. Needless to say, Kings simply need a change and that could be done with this trade and with a few picks thrown in.

3. It would work for Toronto, because they've been dying to get rid of a fan hated player such as Bargani and also get rid of Calderon who doesn't fit in with plans because of Lowry set at PG. Toronto would get hustle players Matthews and Hickson. As well as a capable back up to lowry in Brooks. Fredette can still score and would fill more seats. Matthews would be able to start right away. Hickson would be able to go back to his more natural position at PF starting or off the bench and would make it possible to slide Jonas Valanciunas to his natural position at Center.

All in all, all three of these teams have something the others need. Come together for common good? IDK, just kicking the idea around. Of course as a Blazers fan it hurts to see Matthews and Hickson go but Hickson will most likely be gone next season anyway and Matthews is just not the answer starting. He may be good off the bench with his hustle but that's about it. The rest of the players I don't need to bring up Pavlovic is decent but not very effective, Freeland is still too young and early to tell, make him someone else's problem.

Thoughts?

Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast