Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We might need some insurance on Nolan... he is looking more and more like a tweener..... be nice to have Jarret Jack quality vet backing up Lillard.

Price going down sucked he was looking good against the Lakers so hopefully he will be back soon but it never hurts to have a back up plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    Cough shabazz Muhammad cough
    I kind of think Shabazz will fall in draft boards. He is a solid prospect, but he's a ballhog and his measurables will create positional issues. I do think he will do well in the Pac-12 this season though.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    I kind of think Shabazz will fall in draft boards. He is a solid prospect, but he's a ballhog and his measurables will create positional issues. I do think he will do well in the Pac-12 this season though.
    He is not going to be playing in the Pac-12. NCAA is gearing to make an example out of him.

vCash
    http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...kyle-anderson/

He will never play a college game. He so obviously was bought and NCAA will never allow him to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...kyle-anderson/

He will never play a college game. He so obviously was bought and NCAA will never allow him to play.
    sweet. then he will go to europe, come back and get drafted late lotto where we will be. just like brandon jennings. i dig it.

vCash
    OKAY, hypothetical, dont shoot me.

just about every projection has us at the 13th spot in the west. so lets say we get the #7 pick.

Also, HOU has toronto pick, which will be a top 10. and HOU has their own which will be a lotto most likely.

Would you guys trade Aldridge for two lotto picks and maybe someone like terrence jones?

the upcoming draft is again deep with bigs, and on the same timeline as a batum, lillardm leonard etc. we would have 3 1sts and more FA money.

I think 5 lotto picks in 2 years, with mucho FA money could reshape the franchise more than if we were to keep LA, as much as it hurts to say.

HOU has coveted a star big for a long time, i would bet they would be interested.
    Last edited by RC27; 10-27-2012 at 03:07 PM.

vCash
    Not a chance in hell I would trade LMA for that. You do not trade someone like LMA unless they ask.

vCash
    so when lma is 32, and lillard is 26, leonard 24, batum 27, barton 24... what do you do? we wont be contenders at best in 2 years where he will be almost 30, think he will wait and re up on his contract?

he seems okay with it right now... but what about in 2 years.

vCash
    OKC just traded harden to Houston

http://www.blazersedge.com/2012/10/2...tin-lamb-picks

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    There goes the best player available this off season. Houston will have the cap and will match any offers, if they don't work out an extension.

Now we have to hope that Matthews is the real deal or hope for high enough pick to get a game changing 2guard.

vCash
    We don't need a game changing 2 guard. Not with Lillard on the team. You either need a game changer at the 1 or the 2, not both.

vCash
    then with our 14mil... are we sitting tight? looking for a marquee guy, or holding tight?

i really like the idea of a of a big combo guard for example tyreke evans or mayo. both are young, can play back up PG, big enough to play SG. one can shoot the other can slash, i would prefer evans because he can get to the rim and is physical, nice complement to batum and lillard who can drain 3's.

OR we can go for a big to let leonard develop more. Offer a max to josh smith (long shot) and move LA to C. or make Minny match pekovic (little payback).

i just want us to be active with that cap space, because if we keep sitting tight, eventually it will gradually decrease with rookie contracts and annual increases to others.

vCash
    also, mayo and evans would not get a max, but would be hefty, guessing around 10. that'd give us about 4-5 million to address with a big... someone tough like a tyler hansbrough. (just a thought).

Lillard/Evans
    Evans/Mathews
    Batum/ lotto pick?
    LA/Hansbrough
    Leonard/Freeland

vCash
    The money is going to have to go for a bench. Unless Matthews fails this year (no one better to replace that is a free agent). A trade would have to happen to get an upgrade at the 2guard.

The question will also be if Lillard can turn into that impact player. Matthews's career (with us) will depend on how good Lillard becomes. The better Lillard is the less we need from Matthew's. However if Lillard only becomes a decent point guard (great shooter but not the best at passing) then Matthews will be the one we look at to trade for a better guard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    We don't need a game changing 2 guard. Not with Lillard on the team. You either need a game changer at the 1 or the 2, not both.
    Good point look at OKC... Thabo Sefolosha does just fine locking down teams two guards and doesn't have firepower

If Lillard becomes real deal we have a great one two punch

Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast