Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I know this is far in to the future, but im hyped up about the direction of this team in the next couple years.

we will most likely be a lotto team. we have a core of Lillard, Mathews, Aldridge, batum.

what position do you guys see us most likely going for in the draft? a SG so mathews can play the 6th man? or PF to back up aldridge and brace the fall if he leaves or gets injured?

also we have the ability to make huge cap room next year. Harden would be ideal but i think OKC will go for broke and resign him. what other alternative do you all see?

vCash
    Isn't our pick top 13 protected? Hopefully it is, because it would be nice to add another core piece in next year's draft if we struggle this season. I'd go after a shooting guard that can either fill the sixth man role or play in-favor of Matthews. Matthews isn't a bad complement to Lillard, but it would be nice if we could add a sharp shooter with more ability to create off of the dribble.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    i just looked. its top 12 protected in the 2013, 2014, and 2015 then unprotected.

so they have the green light to get a top 3 pick from me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    i just looked. its top 12 protected in the 2013, 2014, and 2015 then unprotected.

so they have the green light to get a top 3 pick from me
    Wow, what a deal. We ended up flipping Wallace for a better pick than Charlotte will ever get from us.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    yeah pretty much. cho did well there, bet he regrets it now

vCash
    i would love a top SG in the draft. however, if we do that, would that give barton a chance to get the minutes he needs?

i really like the idea of a SF. or a dream scenerio SF/PF combo. so they can come in for batum and aldridge. it does depend on a lot though, our draft pick and availoability of such a player.

vCash
    yeah we need a cornerstone SG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    yeah we need a cornerstone SG
    Cough shabazz Muhammad cough

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    isnt shabazz a SF? and isnt his jump shot skeptical? i could be wrong. but if shabazz is available and we have the opportunity to move up, i would love to.

Lillard
    Muhammad
    Batum
    Aldridge
    Leonard

plus we can easily make room for a max FA if we want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC27 View Post
    isnt shabazz a SF? and isnt his jump shot skeptical? i could be wrong. but if shabazz is available and we have the opportunity to move up, i would love to.

Lillard
    Muhammad
    Batum
    Aldridge
    Leonard

plus we can easily make room for a max FA if we want.
    I like his jump shot but another player to watch will be rasheed sulaimon from duke I don't think he will come out but the kid is a flat out assassin fr anywhere on the court he has been ocompared to ray Allen

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    Cough shabazz Muhammad cough
    yeah, but a lot will change in the next few months

vCash
    I was thinking about harden today... i really wouldnt be surprised if he wants out next year. with Durant and westbrook demanding the ball as much as they do, would harden get the ball as much as he would like in the coming years? And as bad as OKC wants him, do they want to pay 14 mil for a 3rd option? my gut says they will but there is a chance.

look at the big 3's in the league.

Miami. is bosh worth a max?
    NJ. is anyone besides deron worth a max?
    NY. is Amare worth a max?
    BOS (before allen left). was allen worth a max?

it'll be interesting.

if we can work magic and steal harden, i think that sets us up to draft a PF in the draft which is stacked with bigs. how about a james mcadoo? Isaiah Austin (create our twin towers)?

Lillard/Nos/Harden
    Harden/Mathews
    Batum/?
    Aldridge/Mcadoo
    Leonard/Freeland

this gives us insurance to aldridge if he leaves or gets injured. but next year everyone but mathews (26) and LA (28) will be under 25. that is a scary thought.

vCash
    You might have heard that our GM hasn't decided on whether to pick up the contracts on Babbit and Williams. Because if we don't and let Hickson go we only have roughly 8-10 mil of available space. I'm sure someone on here has a more exact number but we shouldn't be able to offer Harden a max offer. So it would take a trade which would cost us our number one pick, and good role player, and the salary match. But if I'm the Thunder I wouldn't do it unless it was a top 4-5 pick. We can't force them to deal with us unless we trade away more salary and it's not like Harden is going to pull a Carmelo and say we are the only team on his list.

There isn't much available next year in free-agency that is really worth saving for. Harden is the best, Howard will most likely resign with the lakers, and Chris Paul with the Clippers. There isn't anyone better then Matthews available unless we trade.

That being said I will allow myself to dream about getting Harden. That seems about as likely as Matthews becoming a dominating 2guard who I trust to close games.

vCash
    we can make space pretty quickly, and like Minny did to us, we can offer money before letting players go to make room. Olshey wouldnt say "im not picking up their contracts" until after the season, he needs them to be productive, but Olshey aims for the stars, so i am confident in saying he will pitch to harden.

we have 44 million in guaranteed contracts next year. if the salary cap stays the same, 58 million, we will have $14 to spend. and thats with no moves to make an extra $500k for a max.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/portland-t...rs-team-salary

vCash
    plan B... i wouldnt mind seeing demar derozen, a lot of space to improve, wont be as expensive, can handle the ball and is a slasher. also young.

Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast