Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Just out of curiosity, cause i don't know if I would do it yet...what do you guys think?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7hp762z

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisc21 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, cause i don't know if I would do it yet...what do you guys think?

Obviously a very interesting trade considering the output of lowry for the price but i think batum is just too highly regarded in portland and the FO would be thinking more along the lines of a superstar for him.... they wouldnt even throw batum in for cp3 so lowry probably wouldnt be quite enticing enough.

vCash
    1. Rajon Rondo, G, Celtics
    I know the Celtics are saying Rondo isn't going anywhere. But there are two problems with that. (1) It doesn't jibe with what a number of NBA GMs are saying based on conversations they've had with Celtics president Danny Ainge. (2) Ainge isn't stupid. He doesn't want to trade Rondo, but Rondo is the best chip he has to play right now.

If Ainge waits and does nothing, the Celtics will be a middling lottery team without much hope next season -- in the same spot where Ainge inherited them a few years ago. He doesn't want to go back there. If he can get two pieces back for Rondo, I think he'll do it. Atlanta, Portland and Indiana are interesting destinations if they are willing to pay.
    espn

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Crawford to the Clippers they are apparently interested in him

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7gjcgq2

vCash

No thanks.

vCash
    From the clippers we want bledsoe and a first round pick. They're saying Clips don't want to give up a first rounder. That's the same case with the wolves. We want luke and a first for Jamal. Apparently Minni doesn't want to give up a first either.

Also saw someone say that his sources "confirm nate is gone after this year." Good, he can such a bag of D's for all I care.

Josh Smith Wants out. I wonder if they'd give him up for a package of Gerald Wallace, Felton, and such. Highly doubt it--they'd rather have rondo. But might as well make that call.

Bigger question is. As a GM, would you give up Batum for Rondo? I assume that's the only way we get him. I think i'd do it, and I love Batum. PG's are just too hard to find.

vCash

what worries me about Lowry is paying a premium for a career year that may not be sustainable long term

vCash
    Watson, Korver, and this years first rounder for Matthews?

Basically a good point guard with an option, an expiring, and a draft pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southsideheat View Post
    Watson, Korver, and this years first rounder for Matthews?

Basically a good point guard with an option, an expiring, and a draft pick.
    Where is the good PG in your list?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliusCaesar View Post
    Where is the good PG in your list?
    Watson. Played well for us in Rose's absence. If he sucks you don't pick up his option, and save yourself $20 mill to pay Matthews.

vCash
    Well I guess he's better than Earl Watson...

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7kmllz5

ATL Gets:Wallace,Crawford,future 1st pick boston
    POR GETS:Josh Smith,Rondo,Pietrus,M.Daniels
    BOS GETS:Batum,Felton,Collins

Camby/Pryz/CJ/Collins
    LA/Smith/Camby
    JSmoove/Pietrus
    Matthews/Daniels
    Rondo/NoS

Oneal
    KG
    Pierce
    Batum
    Felton

Horford
    Wallace
    Williams
    Crawford
    Teague

wouldnt happen but it works

Flop.....You Just Got Punched In The Nuts!

vCash
    Josh Smith is a very good player, but I don't really think he would really change our team. What are our issues? Our offense suffers from severe stagnation and relies too heavily on jump shooting. When our shooters can't get good shots, or fail to get in the rhythm of the game then we struggle immensely.

Smith is stretch four that plays great defense, but he loves his jump shot. Now, it couldn't hurt to improve our rebounding and defense, but Wallace was supposed to do that for us as well. Part of the problem with this team is that we don't really have an identity, and that's due to the current roster construction. We have some players that like to move up and down the floor, while others are more half-court oriented, but we don't have that piece that brings it all together. Smith is not going to be the missing piece, and the necessary trade assets we would have to forfeit would be wasted.

Instead of trying to stop the bleeding, the Blazers organization needs to come together and find a plan for the future that involves a team mindset. The organization and Coach McMillan clearly are not on the same page, so something has got to give. Quite frankly, I'm having a difficult time believing that our organization is smart enough to realize why there is a problem. Maybe they will surprise me, but at this point it seems doubtful.

Find an identity and system, then find the type of players that will make the system work. It isn't the organization's fault that Roy and Oden are not options, but many of the ensuing moves haven't inspired a single direction for this team's mindset. Great organizations learn from those mistakes, hopefully something changes.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Shooting is not the problem. Problem is lack of effort. That lack of effort get's us killed on rebounding which is what has resulted in several losses.

vCash
    The Blazers are shopping shooting guard Jamal Crawford and the three most talked about destinations are Minnesota, Los Angeles and Indiana.

Reportedly the Blazers want a first round pick for Crawford and that seems to be the biggest stumbling-block right now.

Ken Berger of CBSSports.com writes: "The Trail Blazers have been among the most active teams, seeking to move Jamal Crawford and acquire a big man -- either in the same or separate deals. The asking price for Crawford, however, includes a first-round pick in addition to Luke Ridnour (Timberwolves) or Eric Bledsoe (Clippers)."

Ben Golliver reports the Blazers and Pacers have talked about Crawford for A.J. Price and a 2012 first round pick, however Indiana isn't sure they want to give up their first this year as the draft is reportedly very deep.

"The first team to give Portland a first round pick for Crawford will have him," a source told Golliver.

According to the New York Post, a Crawford-Ridnour trade won't happen because the Wolves don't want to give up the point guard.
    espn insider

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast