Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    U ever heard of greed and faking? Sorry but you can find thousands of Docs willing to lie for a little cash.
    I have, but i, personally, am not buying it. Especially since gordons knees goes back to his time with LAC

vCash
    Its becoming painfully obvious that the gm is not concerned with winning this year, with virtually no help from the bench he stands pat even though they still have the option to cut pavlovic(whose salary is paid by bos) and pick up someone who can contribute.
    That brings me to this, dwight jaynes thinks aldridge should be traded now and that his trade value can only go downhill from here. I cant say i agree with him but what is his value currently? Can he get anything worth thinking about? What would they even consider, just draft picks? Unfortunately for the blazers gm there really isnt any other blazer with any trade value at this point. Mathews still has 2 years on his contract and batum has a trade kicker, wouldnt even think of trading lillard, and hickson has value but for his production would be moronic to give him up and at his price you wouldnt be able to get much without taking on salary.
    All this tells me that this trade idea thread will be almost non existent because the gm is going to tank so he can keep his draft pick(if over 13? it goes to cha), cut all the players he can this summer and stock up on free agents. It sucks to watch the now but the future can still be bright so keep aldridge imo and ride it out, if no FA's come next summer then make the drastic changes
    Last edited by silverbc; 11-29-2012 at 02:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbc View Post
    Its becoming painfully obvious that the gm is not concerned with winning this year, with virtually no help from the bench he stands pat even though they still have the option to cut pavlovic(whose salary is paid by bos) and pick up someone who can contribute.
    That brings me to this, dwight jaynes thinks aldridge should be traded now and that his trade value can only go downhill from here. I cant say i agree with him but what is his value currently? Can he get anything worth thinking about? What would they even consider, just draft picks? Unfortunately for the blazers gm there really isnt any other blazer with any trade value at this point. Mathews still has 2 years on his contract and batum has a trade kicker, wouldnt even think of trading lillard, and hickson has value but for his production would be moronic to give him up and at his price you wouldnt be able to get much without taking on salary.
    All this tells me that this trade idea thread will be almost non existent because the gm is going to tank so he can keep his draft pick(if over 13? it goes to cha), cut all the players he can this summer and stock up on free agents. It sucks to watch the now but the future can still be bright so keep aldridge imo and ride it out, if no FA's come next summer then make the drastic changes
    For a big body that defends the paints and can get 8 points at 60% a game then I would trade Hickson in a heart beat. He is being over rated and is a HUGE liability for us. We need someone bigger who can mentor Leonard not an undersized guy trying to get a contract. It is disaster waiting to happen.

vCash
    For the record what on earth are you talking about with standing pat? only less then 20 games into the year. It is not like there is anyone left that can be signed. No trades exist out there. He is not standing pat, there is just nothing he can do.

vCash
    I don't think he is standing pat either...there isn't much to do out there what would be a game changer. Teams aren't going to deal until there closer to the trade deadline. That being said I'm sure that management wants to, deep down, hit the lottery draft with a high pick. They aren't going to try to tank, but I think management will be mad if we ended at .500 and missing the playoffs but now in the teens.

Now I've gone over the list of free agents next year and it isn't pretty. To get better we will have to trade for it (talent) or draft it again and hope that we hit a home run (odds against).

vCash
    there is enough veteran FA's out there to sign to make a decent bench.
    Kenyon Martin, Pietrus, Azubukie (spelling) etc.

HOWEVER. i dont want to trade to get better this season. We wont make the playoffs, its all about next year. 13.5mil with a lotto pick.

And i've mentioned it since last year, if there is a trade out there for LA, EXPLORE IT. I honestly think his stock is as high is it will ever be, and to be honest, he is about 4 years older than the rest of the core.

lets say someone like SAC came around and offered cousins (yes he is a nut but shown improvement) and a 1st. you have to explore it.

vCash
    hmmm... listening to first take, they both think Boston needs a "banger, someone with muscle" down low with KG....

hickson for avery bradley?

vCash
    They mean for D and Hickson would be a step back for them plus they love Bradley, never gonna happen.

vCash
    Only guy I would be remotely interested in signing is Kenyon Martin. However I doubt he would be interested in playing for a non championship contender and he is likely to cause problems first game he plays less then 10 minutes. However he can play D and rebound, couple things we could use some consistency with. Might even be able to help/mentor Leonard.

vCash
    If he could convince FO he wont be a problem, would mentor Leonard, and take vet minimum I would sign him. Then I would trade Hickson or cut Jeffries. If cut Jeffries then have Leonard backup 5 and Kenyon backup 4 and that would be a sweet second unit at least in front court.

vCash
    Only guy I would be remotely interested in signing is Kenyon Martin. However I doubt he would be interested in playing for a non championship contender and he is likely to cause problems first game he plays less then 10 minutes. However he can play D and rebound, couple things we could use some consistency with. Might even be able to help/mentor Leonard.
    im not interested in any of those guys, im just saying if we wanted to contend now, we could put together a bench on one year contracts.

vCash
    They mean for D and Hickson would be a step back for them plus they love Bradley, never gonna happen.
    They mean period. NJ was having their way on the boards, and NJ playing D on them. they had no one to bang. hickson bangs. and as much as they may love bradley, hickson is also really young and has proved more.

yeah it may never come forth, but its not an impossibility.

the time to trade hickson is before the all star break. idk if he will ever average more than he is averaging now, his stock is high. dont wait for him to get injured or get in a slump.

in an ideal world, i would like to trade hickson to a team for a 1st that would potentially be high teens low 20's and a serviceable big that has an expiring contract. Collect assets! maybe trade our way up the lotto with a couple picks.
    Last edited by RC27; 11-29-2012 at 05:15 PM.

vCash
    Collecting Assets is a must...I like the above comment because I don't think Hickson is in our long term plans. I also don't think that we will be ready next year. Spending money next year on a bench will get us into the playoffs but not make us a contender. We need to free up a max contract and get a game changer into Portland. I don't believe that we can do that with this years agents. Maybe the following.

Also Leonard won't be ready next year and next summers draft pick (7-10th pick) most likely won't be able to contribute at a high level that 1st year.

Getting rid of Hickson and getting a pick will give us two picks under 20 and hopefully we strike gold again with one of them.

vCash
    I disagree on Leonard not being ready next year. He has been improving every game.

vCash
    Leonard will not be good enough to be a starting center for a playoff team next year. i have high hopes for him though. i think he has all star potential, the raw abilities are there no doubt. Although i think he WILL BE BETTER than mcgee, he reminds me a lot of javale when he came in to the league.

I think his 3rd season is when he will be a top 10 center. considering talented centers are at an all time low in the nba right now.

Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast