Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

vCash
    Hey guys Ranger fan coming in, hearing the rumors of Zidlicky to the Devils, anyone know who it is for? I hope its Parise, get him out of the Atlantic lol and Parise could be a beast with Koivu and Seto/Heatley.

vCash
    Well as far as that insider info goes the only thing that I think we didnt already know/have an idea on was the Scoreboard haha. Of course everyone wants those prospects theyre all good prospects. But I dont think we will be trading any of them Fletcher has said that before and he has worked to hard to get us where we are.

As far as who we are trading Zid for we have not been told much. As a matter of fact we have been told it is not happening. And as much as I would love it to be for Parise I doubt that we give up the other necessary pieces to get him.

vCash
    You must be one of those know it all's EH! pidg88

vCash
    Harding's stock has literally plummeted a month ago i guarantee i guess we get more people in on him. If we can get parise for zidlicky i dont think any of us can complain haha but ya no ryan malone please

vCash
    NJ cant afford to let him go before playoffs. Zajac would be interesting but I doubt he would be traded either.
    \

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild101 View Post
    So i just got some major inside information....

My buddies dad is a season ticket holder for the wild and he along with 7-8 other season ticket holders met with Mr. Leipold today. Here are some of the tidbits he let me in on....

"Leopold basically was just talking about the direction of the team and how he thinks we'll be competing for the cup in 2-3 years."

"he said theyre getting a ton of calls from other teams cuz they want Granlund, Zucker, Coyle, Phillips, Brodin but they are keeping them"

"He also said they are talking about getting a 9 million dollar HD scoreboard."

"Probably just move Zidlicky. They want to trade Harding and/or backstrom but TB is the only one who expressed interest and theyre only willing to give up Ryan Malone"

"Other than that we want either ruutu or kostitsyn but everyone wants our prospects so he cant see anything else happening."

"Theyre pretty set on Hackett being our goalie the next 8 plus years."

"We're under the cap so the big names we are gonna go for in the offseason are Parise and Shea Weber."

Enjoy...
    Its not about being a know it all its just we have been hearing these things for years. At the beginning of the year Leopold said in a press release he wants us to be competing for a cup in 3 years. Fletcher has said in two interviews in the last month (one with Russo) that he will not be trading our prospects. We know Zid is on the move more then likely he asked for a trade. And Pierre LeBrun had a comment on how TB called about Harding but that they werent willing to give up any prospects for what the qualified as a injury prone old-er goalie who hasnt proven to be a starter. If theyre going to give up Panik or Connelly it will be for Schneider or Bernier. There has been 10000 articles on how every team wants Ruutu but the price is way too high. Kostitsyn said he wants to stay in Montreal even if he has to take a pay cut, but they said they would rather get prospects for him an supposedly called and offered him for our third and Zucker (which I dont believe, although if your talking Nash Kost. then your breaking news because I havent heard anything about them wanting to move him, his shooting % was ridiculous last year). Everyone knows Hackett is our future goalie everyone from that organization has announced it, but they also are very high on our other goalie prospects keumper/endras/I forgot the third guys name from WJC. And I would be rather upset if at a season ticket holder meeting ownership didnt say something about going for the big FA enter name here. Thats what they are trying to do to get those people to buy season tickets for next year. The meeting your "buddies dad" was in are meetings that many season ticket holders get to attend whether its at smaller meeting or at season ticket holder nights when there is 1000 people there and the owner says the same thing, we want to be competing for the cup in 3-5 years (long term hook to try to get you to sign a longer contract for buying season tickets) and that we are going to be using are cap space and aggressively going after the big name FA (short term to try to get you to buy or renew your tickets for next year). This information that you and your buddies dad are so privy to was just a marketing ploy and the rest were things we have been reading in articles all season...

I see your semi new to these forums, so I will let you know baiting isnt appreciated. Try it on someone else.

Otherwise the news about the scoreboard is cool!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild1414 View Post
    NJ cant afford to let him go before playoffs. Zajac would be interesting but I doubt he would be traded either.
    I do like the idea for Zajac, I just dont know if NJ would be willing to give him up. They arent very deep at the center, and we have a lot of potential centers coming up so I dont know if I would want to create a log jam there. If the rumors of Zid to NJ are true I just dont know what the heck for besides draft picks and a filler prospect.

vCash
    i like zajac hasnt he been plagued by injury lately though? ya i truely dont know either what we would get

vCash
    Yeah he has had problems, but he is a big skilled center I just dont know where he would fit. Next year I hope Granlund is on our 2nd line with Cullen on the third and Powe/Brodziak on the 4th. So I just dunno where Zajac would go

vCash
    ya that could be ideal you think granlund would be able to step up as the 2nd line center already next year. That would be awesome cause cullen should definitely be a third line center

vCash
    Yes I think he could. But I would like to give him a pair of big wingers to play with to protect him until he gets use to the physicality of the NHL. Gui and Setoguchi would be great.

vCash
    ya hopefully latendresse will be healthy by then...

vCash
    I honestly think he will, he has taken a lot of crap for his injuries and I think he will resign almost an exact contract as his first one and come back ready to go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    Hey guys Ranger fan coming in, hearing the rumors of Zidlicky to the Devils, anyone know who it is for? I hope its Parise, get him out of the Atlantic lol and Parise could be a beast with Koivu and Seto/Heatley.
    The parise thing is just not going to happen.. Don't get me wrong... I would love it if the Wild took him off your hands. But there is absolutly NO WAY NJ trades their captian and for Zids... Even if we loaded it with a high pick and a prospect.. Not when they are in the playoff hunt.. They are bleeding money right now and could use the playoff revenue more than maybe even they coyotes.

vCash
    I certainly hope so he is a skilled player and really believe his injury has hurt us the most

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast