Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

vCash
    yet again another 1 goal game...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    far and away better please zucker had 45 points in 40 games last year while coyle had 26 in 37 with the wcha being much better than the hockey east
    Because the QMJHL is probably the best, you can see players like Huburdeau (or however you spell it) getting 100+ points where the top points player for a team in the ECHL or something like that is not as high it all depends. For example 3 people on Denver had more points then the highest point scorer on Boston last year. Your taking stats on paper and saying that that makes the better player, your not taking into consideration other things. Again on the Sea Dogs Coyle has gone from joining this team and never playing with any of those players to now having 14 pts through 10 games (8g 6a).

vCash
    Seriously 1 goal tonight vsn anah. This is getting stupid... Can no one score goals for Minnesota?!?!?!
    \

vCash
    QMJHL is the third best behind the O and the W. Its fine well agree to disagree haha. But if comparing Huburdeau you would compare him to players in the ECHL because they play the same competition correct?

vCash
    Ik its so hard to watch idk why i am still probably only because of my love for hockey but honestly 1 goal against the ducks

vCash
    C Matt Cullen $3,500,000 12' 13' $3,500,000
    D Mike Lundin $1,000,000
    D Greg Zanon $2,100,000 12' 13' $1,933,333
    D Marek Zidlicky $4,000,000 12' 13' $4,000,000
    G Josh Harding $750,000

I see Zids and Hards going for sure, but with the trade deadline upon us i wouldn't mind dumping some salary for the off-season. As much as i love Cullen im 100% sure a playoff team would love to have him. I think its a safe bet that we wont make the playoffs this year.

I think its time to dump some salary and start building our "future" team this upcoming summer, wouldn't mind seeing us go after Parise and a top 4 D.

We must not forget we have the number 2 ranked prospect group!

The future looks bright.... Whats one more year!?!?

vCash

Zids

http://minnesota.sbnation.com/minnes...de-rumors-2012

Looks like there may be some serious movement here. No speculation as for a return to the wild, but.........

Lets be honest, I don't think there is any chance we get Parise on this deal, but if we can get some picks or young tallent in the process and still pull a parise deal this summer in FA that would be sweet!!

I haven't checked the strib yet to see any confirmation on this.

vCash
    I dont think we get Parise either...but for speculations sake I wonder with them having Hedberg+Brodeur what it would take to get Parise if we did Zid+Harding+?? My guess it would take our first and a prospect (mid level) but I dont know if im very happy giving up our first round pick. Its the deepest draft (especially for puck moving D men something we need in our prospect pool) in a long time and if we miss the playoffs and keep falling we could be looking at another top 15 pick. Add onto the fact we have a shot at signing Parise in the off season, but its fun to speculate

vCash
    I love all the activity in here now lets keep it up! Ya i didnt even realize the devils were doing so well this year so would they even want harding? Honestly i would do that in heartbeat depending on the plus because of my hatred for Mr. Zidlicky haha

vCash
    Fletcher keeps saying Zid isnt going anywhere, I am sure he is doing some talking to other GM's about him. Im curious what we get for him if we do trade him as he still has 1 year left and that might make a little more push for him.
    \

vCash
    Honestly though besides draft picks I dont know what else we would really trade Zid for. I mean they wont trade away Larsson or Henrique they really are shallow in prospects so I am not sure if anything will really happen here I am starting to doubt it more and more. And yes I think they would like Harding, theyre starter and backup are each what 38 and 40??

vCash
    If you watch Yeos presser that he did after practice today its REAL evident that zids wont be here when the trade deadline passes. As far as compensation, im willing to bet we'd probably get a pick and MAYBE a player. At this point its about getting him out of the locker room. He's a cancer...

vCash
    ^^Yes thats for sure, although Fletcher said he doesnt think its out of the question to trade him at the deadline ensuring that we still have him for a possible playoff push. I dont agree I think we should just get rid of him for what we can but as I mentioned before we have a position to leverage, he really is the last good puck moving D man left on the market and the closer to the deadline the more valuable he becomes.

vCash
    We need him to play as best he can though and hope he makes his own stock rise.
    Last edited by Wild1414; 02-15-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    \

vCash
    So i just got some major inside information....

My buddies dad is a season ticket holder for the wild and he along with 7-8 other season ticket holders met with Mr. Leipold today. Here are some of the tidbits he let me in on....

"Leopold basically was just talking about the direction of the team and how he thinks we'll be competing for the cup in 2-3 years."

"he said theyre getting a ton of calls from other teams cuz they want Granlund, Zucker, Coyle, Phillips, Brodin but they are keeping them"

"He also said they are talking about getting a 9 million dollar HD scoreboard."

"Probably just move Zidlicky. They want to trade Harding and/or backstrom but TB is the only one who expressed interest and theyre only willing to give up Ryan Malone"

"Other than that we want either ruutu or kostitsyn but everyone wants our prospects so he cant see anything else happening."

"Theyre pretty set on Hackett being our goalie the next 8 plus years."

"We're under the cap so the big names we are gonna go for in the offseason are Parise and Shea Weber."

Enjoy...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast