Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Ive bolded the statements that dont make sense. Net crashers? This team is full of them. Brodziak, Johnson, Clutterbuck and all of our AHL players crash the net. Seto has even been considered in the "power forward" mold. I mean the guy is big. Add on that Bulmer, Coyle and Zucker who are big prospects (Coyle is huge). Thats not what we need, we need skilled players.

Ryan Malone is the worst idea period. I mean, we would waste valuable cap space that will help a building team. And his contract isnt short. Terrible terrible idea. Not to mention they would ask for a top flight prospect or our first round draft pick. For an injury prone over paid player? No way.

Cullen is not a checking type forward. He's a skilled hard working zone player. but not a checker. I mean his career high in hits is about half of what a player like Clutterbuck does in a season. Zanon has never and will never be a puck mover. He has always been a hard working shot blocker. Harding's trade value is so low, his last couple of outing have been horrendous. He's older, has not proven he is a starter and had two years of injury in a row and more than one problem (hip, knee, shoulder). Think about it if a team wants goaltending for the future (Think TB) why would they give up one of their top prospects or picks for Harding when they could trade a similar package for Bernier or Schneider? Zanon (6.0C-7.0C) would net us a 4th rounder or equivalent, Zid (6.0B or 7.0C prospect) would net us a 3rd round or equivalent, Brodziak would net us something ok and Cullen is somewhere around Zid value. There is nothing really of value on our team outside of our prospects, Koivu, Seto, Schultz and Clutterbuck. Heatley's is low and Backstrom's is low and the other players are easy for a team to find without trading for them.

These "types" of players as you say, every team is full of them. Hence why they have no trade value. We just need to keep drafting well and growing the right way. We were good in the beginning because of coaching, Gaborik and a good entry draft. We are finally becoming a healthy team with prospoects coming up and being replaced and soon we will be a good franchise. But the time just isnt now

Touche...great post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild1414 View Post
    I cannot believe how bad Latendresse has been struck with injuries, I doublt we re-sign him after this year. To your point PineApple do we wait and see if Coyle is that presence or do we go after someone?
    I think Minny could stand to try and get someone to be "that presence"...I mean, Coyle could possibly be it, but until he spends a good amount of time at the NHL level proving it, it is just potential.

Even a stop-gap guy till Coyle gets his NHL legs may work.

vCash
    Coyle is a top NHL ready prospect. Zucker is not near his level. You guys need to start reading scouting reports from actual NHL scouts and get off this bleacher report or pioneer press article stuff. We would be getting fleeced if we traded Coyle for a top 6 forward, Coyle is a top 6 possibly top line forward of the future, he is the only reason the burns/setoguchi trade happened (fletcher himself said he needed to be in the deal or it was no deal) he's a versatile big player that shined at WJC, at Boston and now at St Johns. He had 10 points in 6 games with a goal a game average and 4 assists. He is a power forward with hands, and you want to trade him? Insane
    Last edited by pidg88; 02-14-2012 at 04:09 PM.

vCash
    Coyle is a top NHL ready prospect. Zucker is not near his level. You Gus need to start reading scouting reports from actual NHL scouts and get off this bleacher report or pioneer press article stuff. We would be getting fleeced if we traded Coyle for a top 6 forward, Coyle is a top 6 possibly top line forward of the future, he is the only reason the burns/setoguchi trade happened (fletcher himself said he needed to be in the deal or it was no deal) he's a versatile big player that shined at WJC, at Boston and now at St Johns. He had 10 points in 6 games with a goal a game average and 4 assists. He is a power forward with hands, and you want to trade him? Insane

Errrr...hang on there, Earl....

I looked back on the postings....who said ANYTHING about trading Coyle???

vCash
    We have no reason to be adding any pieces right now that aren't draft picks, salary dumps that come off at the end of the season or legitimate prospects. Management and ownership want post season for many reasons, one reason is for revenue. But that revenue means nothing if it's for one season, it's better to grow healthy and hit the post season multiple years in a row that's the way to create revenue and a sustainable team. I don't want any stop gaps or added veterans for a post season run this year especially not at the expense of our prospect pool. Let's face it we could trade away all of our prospects for veterans and still would not have a chance at the cup, we can't score! Better to grow than set ourselves back another 5 years.

vCash
    Killer jug about 2 posts above mine Coyle for a top 6 forward...btw we should resign Gui to another 1-2 year deal with a manageable cap hit. If he can get healthy he is a steal for his cap hit and would be worth the risk

vCash
    Killer jug about 2 posts above mine Coyle for a top 6 forward...btw we should resign Gui to another 1-2 year deal with a manageable cap hit. If he can get healthy he is a steal for his cap hit and would be worth the risk
    Ahh...ok, missed that one.

Still...tradeable pieces the Wild have with some value?

Cullen, Brodziak, Zlidlicky, Zanon, Schultz?

Though I'd like to keep EITHER one of Schultz or Zanon so as not to have a TOTALLY green blue line.

Also, I still think Harding is tradeable with some value....and giving the backup job to Matt Hackett wouldn't be a bad thing.

vCash
    Schultz I would never trade, our best d man by a mile. The others you mentioned have some value but very low. Hardings value is low as well but I am also fine with Hackett being the back up but I would like to see him getting minutes which he will get more of in the ahl

vCash
    far and away better please zucker had 45 points in 40 games last year while coyle had 26 in 37 with the wcha being much better than the hockey east

vCash
    haha PIDG88 not sure where everyone said we read half-retarted scotuing reports. Im sure we read the same as you. I have never wanted to trade Coyle as I was super excited when we traded for him. I know its a long shot but I want him to be the next Neely/Lucic (again I know its a long shot)
    \

vCash
    Also Zucker was captian of team USA for WJ. How has Coyle progressed any more then him? If anything we should be happy they are both on the right track playing for the Wild.
    \

vCash
    I said Coyle was a more NHL ready prospect. And that he will be better then Zucker, not a bold prediction by anyone's means. Especially scouts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    far and away better please zucker had 45 points in 40 games last year while coyle had 26 in 37 with the wcha being much better than the hockey east
    That's also like comparing QMJHL the ECHL and WCHL. Coyle is ranked anywhere from 25-50 by any good scout for prospects in the NHL and I've never seen Zucker break anyone list. I'm not saying Zucker will be bad I've said before second line winger with offensive upside but he is not the player Coyle is. Coyle projects top line power forward with hands, something that is really rare these days. He has been compared to Lucic with less grit more offense and also has been compared to Bobby Ryan. In re drafts scouts have him going from where SJ took him to anywhere from 7-15. This kid is 6-2 210lbs TODAY Zucker is 5-10 175, different players yes but even Zucker has to put on weight before he will be able to truly break out. Coyle is now and more than likely will be better ten Zucker, thats not ripping on Zucker a top 6 projection is pretty damn good and I'm excited for both, but much more tickled by Coyle and trading him in almost any deal would mean the wild would be getting fleeced. It's not a long shot to think he is on Lucic's level. Yes not today but maybe 2-4 years from now. Most scouts have him ranked 8.0C-8.0B while Zucker is a 7.0C-7.0B
    Last edited by pidg88; 02-14-2012 at 07:47 PM.

vCash
    Also don't underestimate he can play the wing and center. Versatility is a key to teams like ours that lack scoring depth and are injury prone.

Anyways back to the point of this thread...some people that I have read today have Zidlicky gone by the end of the week. With Sutton and Gleason being signed he is really the last good puck moving D men thats known to be available (Not that Sutton is a puck mover). You have to imagine if this is true his value is going up which is good for us.
    Last edited by pidg88; 02-14-2012 at 08:49 PM.

vCash
    how is that like comparing completely different junior leagues? I'm not saying Coyle is not a good player because he is but your saying he's far superior. They both played collegiate hockey last year and zucker was better. Does that mean he will be a better pro no not necessarily but its the only time they've played at the same level. Also if Zucker were to be playing juniors in Canada I feel as if his stock would rise dramatically but thats just my opinion

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast