Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    vCash
    .....what if it means that he falls to the 5th round? would u want to take him then?
    the packers have so much talent...

vCash
    i would ask the same about Burfict as i would Irvin, what if he were there in the 4th or 5th, do you take him? i think in the 5th, i would give the nod for both.... a couple guys I've been checking out, as far as 7th rounders, Ryan Van Bergen(DE/DT, Michigan) and Taylor Thompson(DE/OLB, SMU)...Van Bergen did 31 reps, and ran a 4.9 40 at Michigans pro day. Thompson just seems like a natural pass rusher, he's a longer than big kinda kid, but both of these guys have great size and good motors...
    Last edited by Richard Mitten; 03-19-2012 at 04:33 PM.

vCash
    I was a little bored (ok, really bored) and since my first name starts with J, I decided to do an all first initial J mock (w/o comp picks). Check it out:

1. Janoris Jenkins CB
    2. Jared Crick DE
    3. James Brown OG/C
    4. Juron Criner WR
    5. Josh Kaddu OLB
    6. Jaye Howard DT/DE
    7. Jarret Lee QB

Okay, let me have it......

Who is the deadliest warrior?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFrog View Post
    I was a little bored (ok, really bored) and since my first name starts with J, I decided to do an all first initial J mock (w/o comp picks). Check it out:

1. Janoris Jenkins CB
    2. Jared Crick DE
    3. James Brown OG/C
    4. Juron Criner WR
    5. Josh Kaddu OLB
    6. Jaye Howard DT/DE
    7. Jarret Lee QB

I could rip on your first pick for too many things, way too easy. Yes, he's a talent. I realistically don't see Ted picking him at that spot. As far as round 2, Ted may be done drafting injured DL for awhile.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFrog View Post

1. Janoris Jenkins CB
    2. Jared Crick DE
    3. James Brown OG/C
    4. Juron Criner WR
    5. Josh Kaddu OLB
    6. Jaye Howard DT/DE
    7. Jarret Lee QB

I know I'm one of the few but I'm behind your first 2 picks. Really nothing new, but I like Jenkins and think he's just as talented as Claiborne. Is there character concerns? Yes, but he's making an effort to clean that up. As long as nothing comes up before draft time I'm all for taking him in the 1st round.

Crick has injury concerns but I think he'll be pretty good as a 34 DE. But I know I'm alone on those two opinions.

vCash
    i'd be fine with Jenkins....and Howard in the 6th would be fine with me...if a team can get Howard motivated, and to play more consistant, he'd be a pretty good D-line rotation guy....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    I know I'm one of the few but I'm behind your first 2 picks. Really nothing new, but I like Jenkins and think he's just as talented as Claiborne. Is there character concerns? Yes, but he's making an effort to clean that up. As long as nothing comes up before draft time I'm all for taking him in the 1st round.

Crick has injury concerns but I think he'll be pretty good as a 34 DE. But I know I'm alone on those two opinions.
    I don't think you're alone on those. The homer in me still wants Janoris. I don't think he was ever too bad of a kid in reality. It's just the size thing there makes you think twice with TT's MO so I generally don't talk about it.

Crick is just subject to the Neal and Justin thing. Although I wasn't as impressive with the SR tape he did have as I expected to be.

I wouldn't be that upset with those I just feel there will be better. Still hoping for Reyes.
    How some of PSD thinks we should rank NFL players.

vCash

Keenan Robinson Scouting Report

Strengths: Physical, punisher. Good tackler. Brings an intimidating attitude similar to a Ray Lewis. Able to bounce off blockers. Can drop back into coverage, shown that he's capable of coverage a TE. Shoots the gap quickly.

Weaknesses: Sideline to sideline speed is a concern. Takes a lot of chances as far as which gap to plug, creating lanes for the ball carrier.

Overview: I like Robinson. Quicker than fast. He's listed as an OLB but he played a lot of ILB at Texas. I like his demeanor on the field. I really think he'll be a good player in the league. Bishop is a good comparison.

vCash

Ben Jones Scouting Report

Center from Georgia

Strengths: Good strength. Power player. Used to pulling. Anchors well. Good jabs.

Weaknesses: Struggles to get to the next level. Not real good in space. Can get stood up loosing leverage.

Overview: Not ideal for the Packers system. He's used to pulling, so I'd keep him in that type of system. Consider him as a G.

vCash

Peter Konz Scouting Report

Center from Wisconsin

Strengths: Athletic, can get out to the edge. Good at working as an unit. Consistently wins the leverage battle. Good at chipping and getting to the next level inside.

Weaknesses: If he doesn't win the leverage battle he gets pushed back. Struggles in space. Struggles to find backside defenders. Can give up on a play.

Overview: He was used more as a power OL but I think he can play in a ZBS. He was used as a guy that could pull, chip and get to the next level, or as an anchor. Attributes to his athleticism.

vCash
    36 days minus 3 minutes until the draft.

vCash
    Am I the only one that still likes Miles Burris second best after Nick Perry?

(That is after considering who will possibly be available when we pick in first or second rounds).

If we don't get Lawson, I'd love either of those two guys.

vCash
    i love Miles Burris...i think he'd start day one for us....but i also think the earliest he goes is end of the 4th, which is where we should have plenty of picks, probally more end of 5 early 6....

vCash
    Yikes, I thought I was a big Burris guy.

I've always saw him around round 6 give or take.

I wonder if he's an ILB at times.
    How some of PSD thinks we should rank NFL players.

vCash
    See, all I pay attention to as far as projections is round one. The rest I just pick and choose who I like. If you're telling me he's available in rounds 4-6, I'd be happy as a really happy analogy that I can't think of on account of too much Wednesday night drinking. I watch Miles Burris and I see a player that never gives up and has at least a workable inkling as to how to pass rush. I love the guy, and I want him 2nd, 3rd, fourth pick or beyond.

Nick Perry would make me happy too, and I can admit he is probably better, but I just LIKE Burris more.

Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast