Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird89 View Post
    My Mom's friend just texted her and said she is sitting in the Miami airport next to Albert Pujols.
    If that was me I'd look right at him, completely expressionless and emotionless like in seeing something that's gonna happen in the future and say if only you hadn't left st.louis and walk away.

Just put a what the hell is gonna happen in his mind lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird89 View Post
    My Mom's friend just texted her and said she is sitting in the Miami airport next to Albert Pujols.
    That's pretty awesome. I'm sure he gets bugged plenty by random people, but I would love to strike a conversation with him.

He is a baseball legend.

vCash
    i'd pick his brain a little bit

vCash
    I would want to but would feel really embarrassed when I needed him to repeat something for me lol

So, tomorrow my grandpa gets his cancer cans back from his latest round of chemotherapy. If its working he is going to keep going even though he's felt terrible but if not he's just quitting the chemotherapy and pretty much waiting for his time.

Pretty strange feeling knowing your grandpa is pretty much gonna pick to live or die tomorrow. Not that I blame him in anyway if he quits. It's been a rough 2 years.

vCash
    My Grandpa fought prostate cancer for many years. He decided to stop taking his cancer shots and his cancer spread and became lymphoma. That's one of the things that eventually killed him (along with COPD, bad heart, smoking for 60 years).

My Mom is considering applying for a teaching job in a town 20 minutes from here. For one thing, she's having conflict with coworkers at her current school, and the other job pays $8,000 more a year. We probably wouldn't be moving, because my Dad commutes the other direction. If Mom takes that job I certainly don't blame her. That other school pays more and is bigger. Bigger schools tend to have less of the small town politics her current school has.
    Last edited by redbird89; 01-14-2013 at 07:11 PM.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    MLB Network is playing some good movies this week

Cobb is on now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemons3ea View Post
    Also to bring over convo from the last one I think that the wideout that went to mizzou is going to really regret his decision
    Dgb ya he shoulda went to bama

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    This new layout sucks... At least on my phone.

Ill check it out on a computer later

vCash
    I don't like the layout either.

My grandpas news came back. Not good. Gonna be a few months they think

vCash
    this new layout has killed an fondness of mine attached to PSD.

Sorry about your grandpa Skippy. I know it's tough. I am down to one grandparent total.
    Favorite fighters:
    Ian McCall, Brian Bowles, Chan Sung Jung, Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Dan Hardy, Duane Ludwig, Mike Pierce, Rick Story, Jake Ellenberger, Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Shane Carwin, Gabriel Gonzaga

vCash
    Thanks man. It's weird. Never had a situation where a doctor has told me someone in my family will die soon

vCash
    this new psd updated board is tripping me out haha its so bright

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    Thanks man. It's weird. Never had a situation where a doctor has told me someone in my family will die soon
    sorry to hear about that man. both grandparents on one side died in just over the last year. its rough.

we knew a few weeks ahead of time for each that they were gonna die. its hard to know, but at least you now have the opportunity that few people get: you can spend extra time with him knowing the end is soon

vCash
    Sorry to hear skippy. I haven't had that experience, but I'm sure it's tough and heartbreaking.

Also, I hate this new layout.

Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+

vCash
    Thanks guys. I'm actually somewhat glad to know some time in advance. Gives me a chance to spend more time with him, not just wake up one morning to find out he died.

I have a feeling there's about to be a lot of fighting in my family though. My psycho aunt won't accept this easily. She is one who would rather him just do higher dosage chemo and be miserable even though at this point there's nothing chemo or medication can do. Its been growing through several different chemo regiments. This last round it grew 25% percent in his lungs, kidneys and lymph nodes. But she's a psycho and will say he should keep going. It would be much better for him to be comfortable the next few months rather than continuing and being miserable for no reason

Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast