Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    It's interesting in Ohio. I'm a registered democrat. We are very split. I live in a very republican county. Probably 3 to 1 republican. Cleveland, Columbus are extremely, extremely democrat. Cincinnati is extremely republican

I'd call myself a moderate democrat. Almost all social issues I'm extremely liberal, economical I'm much more closer to the center. I'm for redoing the welfare so people can't just live off it but I'm against abolishing it.

I'm for the second amendment but I do believe we need to tighten restrictions. I don't think anyone outside the military needs an assault weapon. I also think they need to tighten up on people they give hand guns to. Among other things.

But yeah. We decide the election. We're just that awesome lol
    Ohio very well could decide this election

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Ohio very well could decide this election
    It's very interesting how its setting up.

Basically, Romney must take one of the other swing states and then Florida and Ohio. Or several other swing states and 1 of Ohio or Florida

Obama in the most recent pre election polls was ahead in almost every swing state except Florida. But the lead is so small in every state that poll error and small swings could turn it complete other way.

Romney really would benefit from Virginia. It's almost a must

It's going to be so close.

But I honestly think that Ohio is going to go Obama. I think that Cleveland (400,000) and Columbus(800,000), 2 of our biggest cities are going to swing it.

Also, I won't be surprised to see Obama win the election but lose the popular vote. If it was a normal year then I don't think that happens but because of the recent storms in the north east part of the country.

I think that Obama is going to win those areas easily like the polls say but also think that people could not go out to vote, giving him far less votes than would normally come from there. A place Obama gets many votes but not a ton for Romney
    Last edited by Skippy15; 11-06-2012 at 01:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    man im from illinois and cook country (chicago) decides the entire state.

4 years ago, every county in the state had a republican majority for the presidential election and cook county was democratic. illinois ended up being democratic for the election.

Its annoying being a republican in a state that will always vote for the democrat in a presidential election.
    It's funny in Missouri because you look at the map of voting results and St. Louis and Kansas City are blue. Columbia/Springfield might be blue and the rest of the state is red. It mostly comes out even, though. 2008 McCain won Missouri by 3,000 votes. Our government is pretty evenly split between Republican and Democrat. I guess Missouri is purple.

Missouri only has 10 electoral votes, so we're not as important as Ohio.

I've gotten two automated political calls today, one from Sarah Palin and one from Fred Thompson.

I'll be glad when it's all over.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Same. We are getting 10 plus calls a day.

The ads ruin college football and the playoffs while we were in and we get at least 1 ad a day in the mail

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    ...I'd call myself a moderate democrat. Almost all social issues I'm extremely liberal, economical I'm much more closer to the center. I'm for redoing the welfare so people can't just live off it but I'm against abolishing it.

I'm for the second amendment but I do believe we need to tighten restrictions. I don't think anyone outside the military needs an assault weapon. I also think they need to tighten up on people they give hand guns to. Among other things.

But yeah. We decide the election. We're just that awesome lol
    I've always considered myself somewhat conservative and with only a few exceptions have voted accordingly. However, lately I'm leaning more left. The conservatives have seemed to lose their way...maybe even their collective minds regarding some topics...lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by salto View Post
    I've always considered myself somewhat conservative and with only a few exceptions have voted accordingly. However, lately I'm leaning more left. The conservatives have seemed to lose their way...maybe even their collective minds regarding some topics...lol.
    lol. My issue with many republicans is the extremist views and then lack of legit argument as to why. Democrats also have some extremist views

Like the issue of homosexuality. I'm personally a big supporter of gay rights, including marriage.

But what I can't stand is the republicans who's only argument against it is that the bible says its wrong.

The bible says people should not eat pig, only the Jews follow it from the Old Testament. Should we ban the sale of bacon? I mean it is in the bible?

But like I said, on many issues I go different ways, I vote very liberally on almost all social issues. I'm just to the left of center on many economical views.

I Definately consider myself a democrat but not one who just votes liberally on every issue

vCash
    I'm Conservative on most social issues, but I find I don't trust either of the major parties. I voted third party.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Personally I wish that more than 2 parties had a chance. Our society is very frustrating

vCash
    yeah it is.

looks like Illinois' 20 votes are going to obama.... SURPRISE SURPRISE!

vCash
    I love our little group here. We all seem to have different opinions on many issues political and otherwise but none of it has to become extreme or heated

vCash
    **** you skippy.... you democrat POS!

haha nah, im glad we are all fairly laid back.

it stems back to cardinal nation somehow lol. just a little more laid back than the rest i guess haha

vCash
    lol.

We're cool under pressure #2011WorldSeries

vCash
    Kentucky passed an amendment to make hunting and fishing a Constitutional right in that state.

I don't have anything against it, but that sounds like Kentucky.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    hahaha yeah it does

vCash
    Is anyone trying to take that from them or something lol

Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast