Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 1124
  1. #706
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,816
    vCash
    1500
    So glad I'm not a marlins fan. They basically ensured that Stanton will walk after 2016 now.

    Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+



  2. #707
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,393
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pujolsfan91 View Post
    So glad I'm not a marlins fan. They basically ensured that Stanton will walk after 2016 now.
    They'll trade him before that lol

    I saw some cardinals fan on twitter saying we should trade Allen Craig or Oscar Tavares for Stanton. Not a huge fan of that.

    Way to much potential in Tavares to be a better hitter than every phase except power.

    Craig I feel like will be as good a hitter with less home run power but still has plenty but much cheaper and a much better bang for your buck player. I think Stanton will eventually get a pretty damn bug contract. I think Craig will stay in the 8-12 million most of his career

    Of course I guess the age difference is pretty significant. Would for sure play a factor

    I don't really know who I'd want
    Last edited by Skippy15; 11-14-2012 at 08:49 AM.

  3. #708
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,816
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    They'll trade him before that lol

    I saw some cardinals fan on twitter saying we should trade Allen Craig or Oscar Tavares for Stanton. Not a huge fan of that.

    Way to much potential in Tavares to be a better hitter than every phase except power.

    Craig I feel like will be as good a hitter with less home run power but still has plenty but much cheaper and a much better bang for your buck player. I think Stanton will eventually get a pretty damn bug contract. I think Craig will stay in the 8-12 million most of his career

    Of course I guess the age difference is pretty significant. Would for sure play a factor

    I don't really know who I'd want
    True, they would be kinda dumb if they just let him go without getting something for him, since at the rate he's going he will be a superstar.

    I feel like I'd maybe be willing to trade Allen for him but it really depends on how much Stanton would command and there is no way of knowing if we could extend him if that was the case. I also doubt they would do Stanton for Allen straight up obviously due to the age difference.

    This is what Keith Law had to say about Oscar a few days ago..
    You're hoping he's Vlad with better legs “@thebighurt23: @keithlaw Upside of Oscar Taveras”

    Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+



  4. #709
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,393
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pujolsfan91 View Post
    True, they would be kinda dumb if they just let him go without getting something for him, since at the rate he's going he will be a superstar.

    I feel like I'd maybe be willing to trade Allen for him but it really depends on how much Stanton would command and there is no way of knowing if we could extend him if that was the case. I also doubt they would do Stanton for Allen straight up obviously due to the age difference.

    This is what Keith Law had to say about Oscar a few days ago..
    You're hoping he's Vlad with better legs “@thebighurt23: @keithlaw Upside of Oscar Taveras”
    Hate Keith law and don't buy that assessment at all.

    Many scouts have said that he is very similar to Vlad but makes much more solid contact and not the overly huge free swinger vlad was.

    He either needs to explain himself better or not use twitter to do assessments.

    But anyway, I don't think there is any chance to keep him after his arb years and maybe after a first mini extension. I'd rather have Craig the next 8 years locking down first rather than giving up Craig and more for a guy we will have 4-6 years the lose him for the best part of his career

  5. #710
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12,097
    vCash
    1500
    Jeffy, don't take this the wrong way, but your wife is beautiful.
    Favorite fighters:
    Ian McCall, Brian Bowles, Chan Sung Jung, Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Dan Hardy, Duane Ludwig, Mike Pierce, Rick Story, Jake Ellenberger, Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Shane Carwin, Gabriel Gonzaga

  6. #711
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38,227
    vCash
    1000
    how would anyone take that the wrong way ? lol

  7. #712
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,393
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah that's a compliment lol

    It's not like I wanna do dirty things to your wife or something lol

  8. #713
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38,227
    vCash
    1000
    This will sound bad, but she is def not the most attractive girl I dated, or was with for a long period of time.

    She was the right girl for me to marry though.

    I dated a lot of idiots, or shallow and pedantic girls, or just girls that weren't ready to grow up.

    When I met Alyssa, she was the right girl. The person I want/wanted to be with the rest of my life, and I knew I wanted to be with her and share my life with her.


    Looks isn't why I married her, I dated some very good looking girls, because....well, I was being shallow while going out a lot. And I didn't take dating too seriously, and was just open and did a lot of it for a very long time, because I knew when I met the right girl, I would be aware of it and would settle down and be with her.

    I met Alyssa like I met most girls, but you could tell she was different.


    It's no slight, it actually makes her somewhat insecure when she knows my history of previous girlfriends. I was always the guy with the best looking girl, a girl way out of his league (I dated a 6 foot Rams cheerleader for 6 months for example, I'm only 5'9). But Alyssa knows that I love her, and her most of all. When I met her, it was the easiest, and best decision ever, to go to her.

    We have an awesome son, now 3. He learned to bake cookies tonight with his momma. She is an awesome wife, a great mommy, very good to my family, and just an overall, special and amazing person. I'm proud to get to spend my time with her.

    I appreciate the compliments, I'm attracted to her. I was just never in love with her looks like some of my exs. But once you spend some time with them, you quickly move on from them as people. Alyssa, the more time you spend with her, the more time you want to spend with her. Very special human being.

  9. #714
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    24,359
    vCash
    1500
    My sister was saying that she gets hit on a lot by guys she's not interested in. She said she's hot enough they want her, but not so hot as for them to think she's out of their league.

    She's with somebody now, though.

    I've always been a little jealous of hot girls, since they get more attention, but I've come to realize they don't necessarily get very quality attention. Some of them also get attention because they dress provactively, which I don't. Some of the more attractive people I knew from high school have gained 20-30 pounds. On the other hand, I went to high school with a guy who lost like 75 pounds in the last few years.

    The guys I'm attracted to aren't always the hottest. I like a sense of humor and a nice guy who is considerate of other people. If a guy is a jerk I'm just not interested.
    Last edited by redbird89; 11-15-2012 at 01:14 AM.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

  10. #715
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38,227
    vCash
    1000
    Yeah, good looks gets you the first date, it won't necessarily get you the person you want to marry

  11. #716
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    10,881
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    how would anyone take that the wrong way ? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    This will sound bad, but she is def not the most attractive girl I dated, or was with for a long period of time.

    She was the right girl for me to marry though.

    I dated a lot of idiots, or shallow and pedantic girls, or just girls that weren't ready to grow up.

    When I met Alyssa, she was the right girl. The person I want/wanted to be with the rest of my life, and I knew I wanted to be with her and share my life with her.


    Looks isn't why I married her, I dated some very good looking girls, because....well, I was being shallow while going out a lot. And I didn't take dating too seriously, and was just open and did a lot of it for a very long time, because I knew when I met the right girl, I would be aware of it and would settle down and be with her.

    I met Alyssa like I met most girls, but you could tell she was different.


    It's no slight, it actually makes her somewhat insecure when she knows my history of previous girlfriends. I was always the guy with the best looking girl, a girl way out of his league (I dated a 6 foot Rams cheerleader for 6 months for example, I'm only 5'9). But Alyssa knows that I love her, and her most of all. When I met her, it was the easiest, and best decision ever, to go to her.

    We have an awesome son, now 3. He learned to bake cookies tonight with his momma. She is an awesome wife, a great mommy, very good to my family, and just an overall, special and amazing person. I'm proud to get to spend my time with her.

    I appreciate the compliments, I'm attracted to her. I was just never in love with her looks like some of my exs. But once you spend some time with them, you quickly move on from them as people. Alyssa, the more time you spend with her, the more time you want to spend with her. Very special human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Yeah, good looks gets you the first date, it won't necessarily get you the person you want to marry
    jeffy your a stud after reading all this

    Michael Wacha

    5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

  12. #717
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    10,881
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird89 View Post
    My sister was saying that she gets hit on a lot by guys she's not interested in. She said she's hot enough they want her, but not so hot as for them to think she's out of their league.

    She's with somebody now, though.

    I've always been a little jealous of hot girls, since they get more attention, but I've come to realize they don't necessarily get very quality attention. Some of them also get attention because they dress provactively, which I don't. Some of the more attractive people I knew from high school have gained 20-30 pounds. On the other hand, I went to high school with a guy who lost like 75 pounds in the last few years.

    The guys I'm attracted to aren't always the hottest. I like a sense of humor and a nice guy who is considerate of other people. If a guy is a jerk I'm just not interested.
    I dont complain about hot girls but if they dont have a personality or are able to actually hold a conversation it is kinda pointless

    And if they love sports you marry them!

    Michael Wacha

    5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

  13. #718
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    24,359
    vCash
    1500
    At the Tony La Russa speech a woman asked La Russa about ARF. After he answered her question, he said to her, "You love the Cardinals and you love animals, you must be the perfect woman."

    My sister said she wishes more guys thought like that.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

  14. #719
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,393
    vCash
    1500
    I really hope in 2016 they bring out some better candidates.

    It will be 2 new candidates. Romney was a ****ing horrible candidate and has been a petty loser since its been over. It's been pretty pathetic.

    Obama while he hasn't done anything really bad in his first 4 years he didn't do anything really good either. I get sick of hearing about the debt, the debt won't go away till the American public stops being greedy and agrees to pay for taxes. Everyone.

    My personal preference this election woulda been 2 completely different candidates. Both were undesirable.

    Im also sick of hearing about how 30 states have petitions going to leave the noted states, makes me sick. Just because you don't agree with something you wanna leave the country? That's babyish and pathetic. I really wish they would take every name of every person on those lists and expel them from the United States because these people obviously don't care about the United States

    Aright. Rant over

  15. #720
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12,097
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post

    Im also sick of hearing about how 30 states have petitions going to leave the noted states, makes me sick. Just because you don't agree with something you wanna leave the country? That's babyish and pathetic. I really wish they would take every name of every person on those lists and expel them from the United States because these people obviously don't care about the United States

    Aright. Rant over
    Isn't that... what they want?
    Favorite fighters:
    Ian McCall, Brian Bowles, Chan Sung Jung, Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Dan Hardy, Duane Ludwig, Mike Pierce, Rick Story, Jake Ellenberger, Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Shane Carwin, Gabriel Gonzaga

Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •