Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The great uncle of my buddy from highschool that died in a car accident came through my line tonite.

Today has been a suckass day.
    Favorite fighters:
    Ian McCall, Brian Bowles, Chan Sung Jung, Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Dan Hardy, Duane Ludwig, Mike Pierce, Rick Story, Jake Ellenberger, Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Shane Carwin, Gabriel Gonzaga

vCash

vCash
    My greatuncle died yesterday. He was the last living sibling from my paternal Grandpa's family.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    this thread is depressing haha
    Favorite fighters:
    Ian McCall, Brian Bowles, Chan Sung Jung, Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Dan Hardy, Duane Ludwig, Mike Pierce, Rick Story, Jake Ellenberger, Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Shane Carwin, Gabriel Gonzaga

vCash
    I'm on my parents' new computer. The other one just had so many problems and it was 4-5 years old anyway.

The previous one was an HP. This is a Dell. I've heard that Dell is better than HP generally.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    The St. Louis Cardinals have immortalized the "rally squirrel" in 14 karat white gold.

[+] Enlarge
    Scott Rovak/St. Louis Cardinals/US Presswire
    The Cardinals' World Series rings feature 103 round diamonds and one "rally squirrel."
    The Cardinals received their World Series rings before Saturday's game, and each ring includes the player's name, number and the years of the Cardinals' 10 previous championships.

They also include a tiny squirrel running across home plate.

In Game 4 of last year's NL Division Series, a squirrel darted across home plate during Skip Schumaker's at-bat -- and the Busch Stadium crowd went wild.

Cardinals fans adopted the critter's image throughout the playoffs, when it was seen on T-shirts, memorabilia and images on stadium screens.

Earlier this year, a short-printed variant of Schumaker's Topps baseball card focused on the squirrel.

The rings, designed and produced by Jostens, feature faceted rubies, a 14 karat yellow gold frame and 103 round diamonds.

The underside lists the three playoff series scores and the words "Happy Flight," the Cardinals' clubhouse rallying cry last season.

"We are excited to present the 2011 team with their rings," owner Bill DeWitt III said in a statement. "We worked hard to design a ring that would tell the epic story of 2011, and also pay tribute to the great history of the franchise."

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash

Michael Wacha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird89 View Post
    I'm on my parents' new computer. The other one just had so many problems and it was 4-5 years old anyway.

The previous one was an HP. This is a Dell. I've heard that Dell is better than HP generally.
    They have lower failure rates, Asus is the top manufacturer right now in terms of long term success, and they carry nice factory warranties.

Dell is fine, is it a desktop or a laptop?

If it's a desktop, you can do literally anything to it and it can last you a long time.

If it's a laptop, you are some what limited by the factory components (simply because of the room to do things).

vCash
    It's a desktop. We already had a laptop and wanted another desktop because they have larger screens. This monitor is 23"

I'm using our old 2000-ish speakers with this Dell, though. This Dell, like our old Vista, came with speakers that put out barely any sound. These ten plus year old speakers are white/gray and are huge, so they don't match the black computer, but they also are very loud and have their own volume control. Maybe I was doing something wrong with the Dell's speakers, but they just would not put out hardly any sound. They were working, but barely. The laptop was louder than the desktop. I'm fine with using the old speakers, even if they don't exactly match. Our Vista, which we got around 2007, had tiny speakers and had the same lack of volume problem.

The computer was $650 with tax, which isn't too bad.

I tried fixing the Vista with a recovery CD I bought, but it didn't work. It really wasn't worth the cost and hassle to fix the Vista when it was probably close to the end of its lifespan anyway. None of us have the knowledge to really fix anything major or rebuild anything. I'd imagine for what it costs in money and time to have someone fix the computer just wouldn't be worth it. Hopefully this Dell will last us at least 5 years, though I expect to be on my own at least in the next 2-3 years. I'd like to be on my own now, but it's hard to work enough to support yourself and go through school, especially after all the family drama I've had this semester. Computer problems are all the more frustrating when life has you worn out and you have online classes and you have to share the laptop with Mom. So it's good to have this new computer so I can get my school work done and help out with the family and still have some time to goof off.

I might not be on a lot this evening. It's supposed to storm pretty bad.
    Last edited by redbird89; 04-15-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

jay, freese, descalso, and craig showing off the new rings

Michael Wacha

vCash
    Miller off to a rough start this year in AAA. 0-2. 13 hits, 8 ER, 3 HRs in only 8 innings of work. I'm not really that concerned, but that's not what I'd like to see. He's pitching tonight, so hopefully it will go better for him today .

Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+

vCash
    Through his first two starts of the season, Shelby Miller looked like he might be a bit overmatched at Triple-A. But on Wednesday, he showed that he is adjusting to the higher level of competition.
    MLB.com's No. 5 prospect allowed one run over five innings, earning his first Triple-A win as the Memphis Redbirds trumped the New Orleans Zephyrs, 7-5.

Gameday box score
    Miller's player page
    No. 5 prospect
    Prospect Watch: Cardinals Top 20
    Miller gave up five hits and walked four in the contest as he lowered his ERA from 9.00 to 6.23. He also struck out nine, giving him 19 punchouts in 13 innings this season.

"Compared to my last couple of starts, this was definitely better," Miller said. "I made a couple mistakes, but it happens. I'm excited where I'm at now considering how my last few starts have gone though."

The only run the 21-year-old right-hander gave up came in the fourth, when No. 2 Marlins prospect Matt Dominguez led off the inning with a solo homer. Miller also ran into some trouble in the third, as he surrendered a one-out single to Donovan Solano followed by a walk to Bryan Petersen. Miller then loaded the bases by walking Cole Armstrong with two outs, but got out of the inning by inducing a flyout off the bat of Chris Aguila.

"He wasn't real sharp tonight, but he made pitches when he had to and he put up zeroes," Redbirds manager Ron Warner told the Memphis Commercial Appeal. "He gave up the solo home run and pitched himself out of some jams throughout the game. That's expected from a young kid still learning."

Miller's easiest frame of the day was his last, as he worked his only 1-2-3 inning in the fifth.

"Shelby did a great job," said No. 9 Cardinals prospect Matt Adams. The first baseman also doubled in the win. "Everyone believes we have a good lineup and a great offense so the runs will come, like they did tonight."

Selected 19th overall by the Cardinals in 2009, Miller earned the team's Minor League Pitcher of the Year Award in 2011 for the second straight season. He combined to go 11-6 with a 2.77 ERA in 139 2/3 innings between Class A Advanced and Double-A last year, striking out 170 and walking 53.

The Texas native struggled in his first two starts at Triple-A, however, giving up a combined four runs on 13 hits in eight innings. One of Miller's problems so far has been his susceptibility to the longball. He has surrendered four roundtrippers in his three outings.

The Redbirds' offense was led Wednesday by Amaury Cazana, who went 2-for-4 with a double, three RBIs and a run scored. Miller, who recorded two RBIs in 13 plate appearances last year, also plated a run with a bases-loaded walk in the first.

Skip Schumaker, recovering from a torn right oblique muscle, went 2-for-4 with a run scored out of the leadoff spot for Memphis. He is batting .300 (3-for-9) through the first three games of his rehab assignment.
    http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...vkey=news_milb

Michael Wacha

vCash
    Derrick Goold
    ‏ @dgoold
    Follow

Batavia pitcher Jose Pasen has been suspended 50 games for testing positive for a banned substance. #stlminors #stlcards

Michael Wacha

vCash
    Why do players still use banned substances? Do they think they wont get caught or what lol

vCash
    Watched Miller's start the other night, damn he looked good.

Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast