Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm sorry to hear that Redbird. Just remember that he'll be in a better place soon. He won't have to suffer ever again.
    Favorite fighters:
    Ian McCall, Brian Bowles, Chan Sung Jung, Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Dan Hardy, Duane Ludwig, Mike Pierce, Rick Story, Jake Ellenberger, Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Shane Carwin, Gabriel Gonzaga

vCash
    The 2014 Cardinals are going to be hard to get excited about if Yadi leaves. I would almost make a thread about the 2014 roster, but I don't want to get sad. I understand that we've got a lot of young studs coming up, but the familiarity of faces is in question. Potentially No Wainwright, Carpenter, Molina, Beltran, Berkman, ect.

I wouldn't doubt it if we eventually moved Holliday to first. Especially if Matt Adams doesn't develop well. We'd better sign Yadi and Waino to extensions soon
    Favorite fighters:
    Ian McCall, Brian Bowles, Chan Sung Jung, Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Dan Hardy, Duane Ludwig, Mike Pierce, Rick Story, Jake Ellenberger, Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Shane Carwin, Gabriel Gonzaga

vCash
    Waino will be here for the long haul.

Money isn't an issue with him or the Front office for 2014. Im pretty sure Freese, Craig, Jay, Holliday, and Bullpen guys are the only ones on the payroll. Waino will get paid by the cardinals if he can prove he's healthy the next two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird89 View Post
    Grandpa's breaths are 45 seconds apart at times. He might have a few hours of life left.
    Sorry to hear that Redbird. My Grandpa died in october and it was rough. I got to talk to him before he went into a week long coma before dying. I told him i love you and that ill see him again some day. Its hard but you have to just know you'll see him again.

If the worst happens, the most important thing you can do is be there for your grandma. Mine is in a serious case of depression and she wont do anything. Its just hard when they are that age.

Prayers are going your way.

vCash
    "I love the city. I love the fans, I love the park. But it's out of my hands," said Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch when asked about a new contract (Twitter links). "Whatever they like to do is how it is ... They let Albert [Pujols] go. It's business for the team, too. It's out of my hands." Molina can become a free agent after the season.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/st_lou...als/index.html

imo this kinda sounds bitter and i honestly think he is all but gone

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    We got little sleep tonight. I slept about a half hour. Grandpa is still alive, but not doing very well.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle man View Post
    I wouldn't doubt it if we eventually moved Holliday to first. Especially if Matt Adams doesn't develop well. We'd better sign Yadi and Waino to extensions soon
    Could we move Molina to first at some point?

I mean, he's only going to be able to hold up at catcher for so long...

vCash
    it wouldn't be smart moving yadi to first because he doesn't have the offensive production of a first baseman.

vCash
    and because he is the best defensive catcher in the game /no homer.

Molina will eventually turn into a backup defensive minded catcher like his brothers were the last 5ish years. He will always be a good guy to have around, but I wouldn't want to extend him without it being a very team friendly deal.

I have never been the biggest Molina fan. He is a fine player, and I like his defense, but I am not all warm and fuzzy about him.

Molina is of the Pudge breed though, he can remain at catcher long term. He doesn't have the offensive value of the Joe Mauer, Buster Posey where you want to move him out of there to keep his bat in the lineup.

He is a catcher, and a catcher only. And he will remain there as long as he can. But his value is his defense and play calling, his offense is just a bonus.

I personally wouldn't extend him for very long, 40 million would be the max he would get out of me, then one or two year extensions after that to keep him as a defensive backup once we find a better catcher.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 02-10-2012 at 05:39 PM.

vCash
    Grandpa died this morning.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Sorry for your loss Redbird

vCash
    Sorry to hear that... You'll be in my prayers

vCash
    while it hurts to think about it, he is in a much better place. And you'll see him again someday. When you get that old, sometimes death is relief. I hope your grandmother does well.
    Favorite fighters:

vCash
    I got drunk last nite and let my friend (also drunk) give me a mohawk. Long story short... I'm ****ed.
    Favorite fighters:

vCash
    haha thats awesome. I also got very very drunk last night.... but i made good decisions lol

Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast