Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Scrap Season

vCash

Scrap Season

Well, I was hoping that the Caps would turn it around but it's becoming much more clear that the Caps just don't have it this season. Now I'm praying that McPhee doesn't try to be the significant buyer at the deadline because not only will it do nothing for us in the playoffs (IF we even make it), but ruin our farm which is pretty much depleted at this point.

I think at the end of the season, it's time to clear house on the management of this team starting with George McPhee and ending with Dale Hunter. Hunter isn't much of a coach to be honest, he sits there dull on the bench and isn't really NHL coaching material. McPhee has had his time in Washington and what ruined him was the nucleus he built the team around. Green, Ovechkin, Semin, and Backstrom are not the ticket all together. He sat here for the last 2-3 years trying to put pieces into play with these four nucleus players and has fell significantly short every year. Semin and Green are obviously not the ticket and should be nowhere close to Washington after the offseason. Ovechkin isn't the same type of player he used to be. Yeah he is still a great player but isn't worth the amount of money he makes and doesn't put the same effort that he used to out on the ice every night. Backstrom is the center piece of our franchise believe it or not, without him we are a hit or miss playoff team every year.

So at the end of the season, I think it would be wise to try and get either a legitimate top pair defenseman EX. Suter or a superstar winger EX. Parise to jumpstart the fans and the drive of this franchise. Not only this, but they need a legitimate NHL seasoned coach that is respected throughout the locker room and the NHL. They should try to get rid of Schultz and anyone else who doesn't put the effort on the ice every night. I know this isn't easy because obviously other teams see the same damn thing we see from our crappy players every night which means they have no value.

Yeah the Caps still might make the playoffs but I sense that they will fall short even if they do because of the lack of production and effort from some of the players on this team.

vCash
    This team definitely is tough to watch. Not being around the area anymore I don't have to suffer through it every night, but it still sucks when I'm able to actually watch them play on national tv. I think we all thought things would be better. Drive and passion just doesn't seem to be there. Excitement is lacking as well.

Changes definitely have to come this offseason. Who/what/why is TBD but the writing is definitely on the wall. Just hope they can find some sort of consistency for the rest of this season and make a decent run around playoff time.

vCash
    I've bunch the wall / door a couple times, I'll admit it. Team is very frustrating. Getting sick of Ovechkin not acting like a captain either. He needs it removed unless he starts acting like one.

Don't get me started on McPhee either.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    Ovie doesnt deserve the C. This last game was such a piss poor effort. I've seen him miss on passes and shots all the time but that entire game he looked like garbage, the worst part is he never looks like he cares.

vCash
    I always wanted Laich to get the C. Figured he fit the role of captain better. I remember having a discussion on here about it.

EDIT: found the old thread... http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ighlight=Laich
    Last edited by YanksNats1987; 02-19-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: added link

vCash
    Well on the bright side given the caps current track record over the last month or so their next game they'll play hard and probably win. But then again that just means the game after they'll lay an egg and just not bother showing up.

vCash
    I am so glad I didnt watch that game

vCash
    Yeah Yanks, Laich should have had the C, Ovechkin never should have gotten it.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    I'm starting to believe that Ovechkin could potentially be touchable if the Caps don't have success next season.

Anyways, now that the deadline is approaching and the Caps don't have a lot of options. I've seen that they are scouting Columbus but I'm very puzzled about what they are looking for over there. I don't see a soul on that roster that is worth anything other than Nash and I'm pretty sure we don't have the assets to sacrifice for Nash. I certainly hope we aren't planning on pursuing Carter. Carter would probably ruin this team with his long term contract and lack of effort in most cases.

I mean I think we all know George is going to do something because he knows that this is it for him if he doesn't get any playoff success this year. I just hope we don't make a trade that ruins the future of this team or restricts this team with long term contracts for years to come.

vCash
    Winning streak!