Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I guess we'll have to disagree on Kemba. Not many players can do what Kemba does with his size, if it's not for talent. Coming into the draft he had great handles, ability to beat people off the dribble, very good at finishing at the rim, above average passer and court vision. Yes he is a streaky shooter and his size can be a liability on defense. But, I think why a lot of people thought he wouldn't translate was because of his size not his talent.

vCash
    I'm really thinking Barnes will refuse to go out on this note.

vCash
    We'll see, but if he returned I'd be amazed because he'll once again leave a lot of money on the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    JDM : Jumbo Dick Man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    We'll see, but if he returned I'd be amazed because he'll once again leave a lot of money on the table.
    Thank God we won't give the bum a second look regardless. LOL @ someone saying we should draft him in the first place!! Barnes is one dimensional, he is not a good defender and he couldn't dribble past a cardboard cutout. His supposed strength is shooting and went 8 for 30 in his last 2 games when his team needed him most!

vCash
    Yep. If he had a book written about his career, the past 2 years would be titled "Underachiever". I can't expect for him to all of sudden play well in the NBA, where there is even tougher defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    Thank God we won't give the bum a second look regardless. LOL @ someone saying we should draft him in the first place!! Barnes is one dimensional, he is not a good defender and he couldn't dribble past a cardboard cutout. His supposed strength is shooting and went 8 for 30 in his last 2 games when his team needed him most!
    Barnes is the best physical talent in this draft not named Anthony Davis, and Drummond is the only one who can come close to challenging him there. I would love it if we drafted him. What you don't understand is that players develop. Just because they don't put up 20/10 in college doesn't mean they can't do it in the NBA with time.

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash
    Barnes is a bum? News to me. Yes he has struggled, but like homestarunner said, he can develop. We cant keep drafting guys like Felton, Okafor and Kemba (players with low ceilings), and expect to compete. Sometimes you have to take a risk on a guy, and Barnes has all the tools to be a scoring threat at the NBA level. Beasting at college doesnt always mean you will beast the NBA. Just ask Kemba and Morrison about that

vCash
    Can anyone please, please tell me what this team has to lose by drafting a high potential player that has a high bust possibility as well, but can be a star? I keep saying over and over again that we should draft the BEST AVAILABLE TALENT, people continue to knock it, yet cannot refute what I've said about having nothing to lose.

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash
    I agree. We will never get Star FA's to come here. Only chance we have is to strike gold in the Draft. If Barnes can reach his potential, then him Bismack, and Hendo is a pretty good start

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsams50 View Post
    Barnes is a bum? News to me. Yes he has struggled, but like homestarunner said, he can develop. We cant keep drafting guys like Felton, Okafor and Kemba (players with low ceilings), and expect to compete. Sometimes you have to take a risk on a guy, and Barnes has all the tools to be a scoring threat at the NBA level. Beasting at college doesnt always mean you will beast the NBA. Just ask Kemba and Morrison about that
    Barnes is nothing but a shooter and he struggled at that in his last 2 games when his team needed him most. Check how far he has fallen on ESPN's mock, that happened for a reason.

If we don't get the #1 and are going to reach then we need to go after Brad Beal who could have D Wade potential or Drummond.

vCash
    Like NBA said, Barnes' biggest strength is shooting and he simply has not done that consistently and to the level I would expect from an elite prospect. Additionally he doesn't defend all that well and his rebounding is below what I would expect from someone of his height. He's been a disappointment and the only reason why he is still considered among the elite prospects is because of his reputation coming out of high school where people were claiming him to be the next Kobe Bryant.

In addition to all of this, I feel MKG has a greater ceiling than Barnes. With improved shooting (which is not that bad now anyway) all of his skills will be better than Barnes'. There is a reason, as NBA said, that MKG is ahead of Barnes on many Big Boards. He is better and has greater potential. I don't see where MKG would be the "safe" pick, he is the better of the two players and has greater potential. MKG would be the best pick. Plus, if you're in to this type of thinking, MKG is about 2 years younger than Barnes.

vCash
    Barnes is nothing but a shooter and he struggled at that in his last 2 games when his team needed him most. Check how far he has fallen on ESPN's mock, that happened for a reason.

If we don't get the #1 and are going to reach then we need to go after Brad Beal who could have D Wade potential or Drummond.
    WOW! He performed badly in two games!! OMG, what will we do now? Two whole games is in college is indicative of a player's entire pro potential?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    WOW! He performed badly in two games!! OMG, what will we do now? Two whole games is in college is indicative of a player's entire pro potential?
    He hasn't been able to dribble or defend for 2 years in college, what makes you think he will just automatically start doing it in the NBA??

vCash
    Yeah I didn't just start watching him during this NCAA tournament. I've watched him over the course of his entire career and he's never blown me away. He's been incredibly one-dimensional and never completely dominant.

vCash
    He hasn't been able to dribble or defend for 2 years in college, what makes you think he will just automatically start doing it in the NBA??
    He has major scoring potential, and I have a hard time believing he can't dribble if he can score the way he has at UNC already. This is what you don't understand come draft time. Just because someone doesn't have the biggest numbers in college doesn't mean they can't develop in the NBA. Barnes has the physical tools and the shooting ability to become a great NBA player, tools that far surpass anyone but Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond in this draft. You sure didn't have a problem drafting Kemba Walker, who didn't defend a lick at Connecticut.

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    Yeah I didn't just start watching him during this NCAA tournament. I've watched him over the course of his entire career and he's never blown me away. He's been incredibly one-dimensional and never completely dominant.
    He's never blown anyone away I don't think other than a few scattered performances. However, those performances show what he can become with some added prodding. Consistency and drive can be found. You can't create talent that isn't there. Why draft a second rate talent that will be a decent starter when you can draft a potential star? Again, WHAT DO THE BOBCATS HAVE TO LOSE? Is a bust going to make ticket sales go down? Nope. Is a bust going to make the team any worse? Nope. Is a bust going to hurt our draft position in the future? Nope. So, again, can anyone tell me what the Bobcats have to lose by drafting the biggest talent on the board whenever and hoping he can reach his fullest potential?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast