Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ryan (ABQ)

I have heard rumblings Drummond and Kidd-Gilchrist are stayng in school another year, what would the 2013 class look like then?
    Chad Ford (1:47 PM)

Haven't heard that at all on Drummond. Given the sanctions UConn is facing, I think he's probably coming. I've been hearing the Kidd-Gilchrist stuff all year and last weekend he told reporters he was staying in school. Usually I'm very skeptical about this sort of thing. Players say all the time that they're staying and then declare. But in the case of Kidd-Gilchrist, I believe him. He's a different sort of kid. Had different priorities. Wants to be the best ... not just make the money. John Calipari may convince him to leave ... but I really do believe he wants to stay in college.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/42723

From Chad Ford's chat earlier this week, def good news for us as it would take a small miracle in the last 30 games for us not to get a Top 3 pick.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    I read that earlier too. I actually watched part of the UCONN game and I was impressed with Drummond.
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    JDM : Jumbo Dick Man

vCash
    Just finished watching the Florida-Kentucky game. Lots of prospects from this game.

Anthony Davis Played really well on defense altering and blocking a good bit of UF shots. Offensively, like I have noticed before, is mainly dunks. He did hit one 3, but then got ahead of himself and missed the next on the next possesion. Although I will say against Young, he did better starting from the perimeter and driving in. He is quicker and more athletic than Young and was able to drive by him. His handles helped that as well. When he started in the post, Young (who is a beast physically) was driven off the post a bit and had to fall away on a couple of shots.

I wish he would either bulk up or improve his mid range game. If he bulked up a bit he wouldn't be pushed off the block as much. But if he improved his mid range game he could use that to his advantage drawing defenders out so he could drive if he pumped. Still a great athlete and nothing really has changed my opinion of him. Very skilled big man and I know it seems like an odd comparison but think of a more gifted Noah. Finished with 22 Pts, 11 Reb, 6 Blk

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Not too much of a factor this game. He has some nice dishes and rebounds. Still don't think I'd select him over Barnes.

Doron Lamb Thought I was going to write more about him but was even less of a factor than MKG. I think he might have hit one 3 but can't remember much from him.

Terrence Jones Don't let the points fool you. Most of his work game in the first half but his shot selection is poor in my eyes. I noticed that las year as well. He will just drive and try to use his athleticism to shoot over you. Shoots too much in traffic, it just happened to work for a bit in the first half. Never really liked him as a player.

Patric Young Different player than Davis in that he is strictly a post player. He has a nice jump hook shot but after a while he started to get hesitant at some points as Davis started timing his shot. But Young still put up some points with jump hooks, dunks and putbacks. It was a great match up to watch. Finished with 21 Pts, 9 Reb.

Bradley Beal Very skilled player but had a poor shooting day, couldn't buy a basket. All around player and very good rebounder for his size but didn't do too much this game
    Last edited by RadioKiller; 03-04-2012 at 02:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioKiller View Post
    Just finished watching the Florida-Kentucky game. Lots of prospects from this game.

Anthony Davis Played really well on defense altering and blocking a good bit of UF shots. Offensively, like I have noticed before, is mainly dunks. He did hit one 3, but then got ahead of himself and missed the next on the next possesion. Although I will say against Young, he did better starting from the perimeter and driving in. He is quicker and more athletic than Young and was able to drive by him. His handles helped that as well. When he started in the post, Young (who is a beast physically) was driven off the post a bit and had to fall away on a couple of shots.

I wish he would either bulk up or improve his mid range game. If he bulked up a bit he wouldn't be pushed off the block as much. But if he improved his mid range game he could use that to his advantage drawing defenders out so he could drive if he pumped. Still a great athlete and nothing really has changed my opinion of him. Very skilled big man and I know it seems like an odd comparison but think of a more gifted Noah. Finished with 22 Pts, 11 Reb, 6 Blk
    With him being a G until his insane growth spurt I think he has it in him, he has room for a KG like mid range jumper.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    I completely agree, his inner-guard will come out eventually. The guy's gonna be a boss.

vCash
    I am kind of intrigued by Beal but I've only seen him play like twice.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    With him being a G until his insane growth spurt I think he has it in him, he has room for a KG like mid range jumper.
    Well he really hasn't show it thus far. Eventually it will have to show.

I am kind of intrigued by Beal but I've only seen him play like twice.
    Yeah a lot of the comparisons are to Ray Allen and it's not the best comparison. He can shoot, yes. But he also does well with the ball in his hands. He is a good rebounder as well. He is a well rounded player that is probably the best, if not one of the best, SG prospects. He is also a good and mature kid....that never hurts. Not sure if he enters the draft though, could very well see him staying.
    Last edited by RadioKiller; 03-04-2012 at 11:28 PM.

vCash
    Drummond put up 14 and 10 even though they hardly ever look his way and he also added 3 blocks, he had one real sick put back that caromed off of the rim, he is a freak athlete. They also mentioned that Calhoun may be retiring, I sure hope so then UConn would be a dumpster fire for sure with the penalties already handed out and the coach leaving. I don't want anything to do with Lamb, he disappeared in the second half and all he does is shoots so when he disappears he really is gone, he drove the lane one time and had Drummond for an easy finish but spun away from him and flung it to some white guy on the other side. I'm starting to get the feel that either Davis, Drummond, or Barnes will be on our team next year if Barnes doesn't decide to stay another year. As long as Drummond comes out I wouldn't be thrilled but I'd be content to have him if we don't get lucky (which we probably won't) and land Davis.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash
    I'm torn between Drummond and Davis. Drummond is a freak and could become a beast. But he also is high bust potential. Davis is a beast, and i think the safer pick between the two, but i think Drummond might have the most potential. IDK why, but i have a feeling the lottery process will **** us and we wont have the shot at either of the two
    Last edited by bigsams50; 03-08-2012 at 05:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsams50 View Post
    I'm torn between Drummond and Davis. Drummond is a freak and could become a beast. But he also is high bust potential. Davis is a beast, and i think the safer pick between the two, but i think Drummond might have the most potential. IDK why, but i have a feeling the lottery process will **** us and we wont have the shot at either of the two
    If both Davis and Drummond are gone, I'd take Barnes, yes he has some limitations but he is still too good to pass up. We can get another big next draft, Nerlens Noel is considered better than Davis at this point in their developments by some analysts anyway and you have to remember we are probably going to suck next season too.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash
    If both Davis and Drummond are gone, I'd take Barnes, yes he has some limitations but he is still too good to pass up. We can get another big next draft, Nerlens Noel is considered better than Davis at this point in their developments by some analysts anyway and you have to remember we are probably going to suck next season too.
    I wouldnt mind Barnes. I just like the idea of pairing Biyombo with Davis or Drummond. And we probably will suck again, i am just worried with our drafting history. We need to start drafting well. Henderson and Bismack is a great start. (still not sold on Kemba, but i am praying lol)

vCash
    I still like Davis quite a bit more than Drummond, but I'll take either one.

And I'm with Sam, I just know that the lottery will place us with the 4th pick (the worst that we can do) and one of the big 4 will go back to college.

vCash
    The more I watch Anthony Davis I am starting to realize we will not be lucky enough to get into position to draft him, the guy had an off game against LSU and still managed 12 points, 14 boards, and 6 blocks. That is just ridiculous!

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    Watched UF and UK again, prospects everywhere.

What an amazing semi-final game in the SEC tourney. I basically considered this the final.

Thought Davis, Lamb, Young, and Beal all played well. Jones brought the energy for the Cats that propelled them. But Terrence was so bad offensively. He was doing his normal shtick where he just tries to throw up shots over people, this time it didn't fall.

Anthony Davis Shot the ball outside better. It's funny so many people compare him to Camby because he threw a couple alley oops in the manner Camby throws it to Aldridge so often. Great athlete, we can only hope the ping pong balls go our way...probably won't.

Doron Lamb Quietly had himself a ball game. Did much better than his last outing vs UF. Shot the ball well. We could always use shooters, but won't have a chance to get him

Patric Young Faded towards the end but he looked really good in the post vs Davis. Used his muscular frame to get great position. He then used his wide body to do jump hooks over him.

Bradley Beal Shot the ball really well, especially early. Also has the ability to drive and get to the basket. I think one time even over Davis. Also a great rebounder for his size. Might have been his best game this year.

Teague and Murphy also had good games.

I think Davis projects for as a 4 than a 5 after seeing more and more of him.

vCash
    The more I see of Beal he kind of reminds me of a young D Wade, I don't think you can say he's had that type of college impact yet but he may if he stays 1 more year but either way I see him as being a Great pro.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast