Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah, either way it will be hard for him to find an impactful role on this team with Hendo still here.

vCash
    I like Beal a lot as a prospect and even more than Hendo. But when it comes down to it we don't need to upgrade the SG position as much as SF or PF.

vCash
    Hendo has played the 3 before, I don't want anything to do with scrub Barnes or Thomas Robinson.

My order for our pick:

Anthony Davis
    Beal
    MKG

I wouldn't be surprised if Barnes went back to college for another season, he really screwed himself out of a lot of $ by not leaving last year.

vCash
    What don't you like about T-Rob? I am not sure he is a fit here but he is a beast in the post and on the boards.

I will say he tries to hard to make something out of nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioKiller View Post
    What don't you like about T-Rob? I am not sure he is a fit here but he is a beast in the post and on the boards.

It just baffles me he could be a Top 2 pick, he's a horrible FT shooter and has no jumper to speak of, for anyone to think he will be a DeMarcus Cousins type of player I just don't see it.

vCash
    Yeah his FT shooting is no good. His mid range is improving but still not there yet.

But he's more a PF anyway so he'll do most of his work from the post.

But I see your point, it's valid.

vCash
    Yeah his FT shooting is no good. His mid range is improving but still not there yet.

But he's more a PF anyway so he'll do most of his work from the post.

But I see your point, it's valid.
    I'd be nice to get the #1 and not have to worry about any player but one but I figure the lottery will screw us!

vCash
    That's my hope as well.

vCash
    That's my hope as well.
    If we did draw the 2 we could possibly trade down, I think the Hornets have 2 first round picks that should be lotto's, it'd be pretty sweet if we got Beal or MKG along with a second lottery pick but I'm not sure if the Hornets would bite.

vCash
    Not sure either, we might have to give up our 2nd rounder.

vCash
    Ah, I can't believe you base players off talent alone. Drummond has as much talent as the next person in the draft but hasn't produced because of his mindset and lack of desire. Not saying Barnes lacks desire but has been very underwhelming this year. I do believe he has an higher ceiling than MKG though. Actually has a better chance to become a superstar but there just seems to be something missing.

EDIT On a side note, not sure if this has been discussed here, but Beal is definitely slated for the 2 position in the NBA. He is a great rebounder for a SG but a lot of people are hoping he can play 3 for Charlotte. Today was a good example as he struggled fighting through screens. I just don't see him being big enough to guard 3s on a consistent basis.
    I don't base everything on talent. That being said, the Bobcats have to draft big talents. They have to draft players with the best potentials. You can't have a bunch of guys who will be decent starters at their peaks. That's why we're in the mess we are in now, accumulating too much mediocre talent. Like I said earlier, swing for the fences in the next few drafts. If it works out, you've got a good team. If it doesn't, you're still drafting high with a chance to draft major impact players. For a team that is already terrible, there isn't much to lose by drafting the biggest talent available. Which is what the Bobcats should be doing, instead of drafting players like Kemba Walker who aren't projectable to the NBA but had a nice run in the NCAA Tournament.

Thomas Robinson is like Emeka Okafor to me. He's probably pretty much at his peak from the moment he enters the NBA. I wouldn't be surprised if he won Rookie of the Year, but I seriously doubt he will be among the top 5-10 players from this class when all is said and done. He's a sure bet for a team that is closer to competing, but he doesn't make a lot of sense for the Bobcats. Which is why we will probably end up drafting him.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    I understand you point of view but Kemba was one of the most talented players in the draft. Besides Derrick Williams and Irving he was right there on talent..especially at our position. He would fall into your "Aim high on talent and hope he turns to a superstar." He wasn't a safe pick by any means.

It's not a bad draft strategy considering where we stand.

vCash
    Robinson will be a top 10 PF. His mid range game is getting better, and he was already good in the post. His athleticism, while not as good, reminds me of Blake Griffin. That being said, I have others in front of him on my board.

If we get the #2 pick, as y'all can probably guess, I hope we get MKG. If we get #3 I hope we get either MKG or Drummond, depending on who gets picked #2.

vCash
    And I agree with NBA, Barnes has screwed himself so badly by coming back this year. I doubt, however, that he'll come back again. That would be extremely shocking.

vCash
    I understand you point of view but Kemba was one of the most talented players in the draft. Besides Derrick Williams and Irving he was right there on talent..especially at our position. He would fall into your "Aim high on talent and hope he turns to a superstar." He wasn't a safe pick by any means.

It's not a bad draft strategy considering where we stand.
    I wholeheartedly disagree there. Although he was great in college, his skills weren't projectable. He was a scorer. If one thing doesn't transfer to the NBA, it is scoring. He was never a good defender. He never, ever had and never, ever will have superstar potential, or anything close.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast