Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^ I agree. Beal seems to have the potential to be a great pro. Davis is still so good though, which means we'll get ****ed in the lottery.
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    JDM : Jumbo Dick Man

vCash
    No matter how many games the Charlotte Bobcats lose this season, they'd have at most a 25 percent chance at receiving the top pick in June's NBA draft.

The NBA determines the top three picks in every draft by a weighted lottery among the teams missing the playoffs. Non-playoff teams that miss a top-three pick are lined up fourth through 14th, in reverse order of their records.

The NBA established a draft lottery in 1985 to avoid the perception a team might intentionally lose to get the first pick. Commissioner David Stern has said he favors maintaining the lottery process, since every decade there will be one or more draft prospect so impactful there should be no speculation a team tanked games to get him.

The league uses a thousand combinations of numbered Ping-Pong balls to determine those first three picks. The team that finishes with the worst record - right now that would be the Bobcats - would receive 250 out of 1,000 chances. The team with the worst record is guaranteed at least the fourth-best pick.

The odds for the team with the worst record:

First pick - 25 percent.

Second pick - 21.5 percent.

Third pick - 17.8 percent.

Fourth pick - 35.7 percent.

In the past 10 NBA drafts only twice have the teams with the worst record - the Orlando Magic in 2004 and the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2003 - received the top pick.
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...hot-at-no.html

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash
    **** the NBA lottery system. Its ********.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsams50 View Post
    **** the NBA lottery system. Its ********.
    agree

vCash
    Yep, I've always hated it and I always will.

vCash
    Harkless has declared for the draft. If we can get back into the late 1st, I would love to get him.

vCash
    I want Royce White on this team. His skill-set is incredible.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    I'll give him a look, what's his specialty or skill-set specifically?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    I'll give him a look, what's his specialty or skill-set specifically?
    He is 6'8'' 270 pounds, and he is the primary ball handler for Iowa State. He's absurd.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Holy ****. I remember watching the post-game show after one of the games and I remember them talking about how dominant he was but I didn't pay much mind to it. I'll be sure to look him up.

vCash
    Dan (Minneapolis)

Chad, which player(s) in the Sweet 16 can do the most for their draft stock?
    Chad Ford (1:32 PM)

A big game by Bradley Beal could propel him up a few more spots. Right now he's No. 4 on our Big Board, but I've had several GMs tell me in the past few days that he's their second favorite player in this draft. If they could hang their hat on a couple of big games down the stretch, he could get there. Obviously Perry Jones really needs to redeem himself after a tough first weekend in the tournament. If Dion Waiters keeps playing well, he could keep rising on our boards as well.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/43033

If Beal gets up to 2 or 3 I will feel a lot better about missing out on Davis.

vCash
    I'll post what I posted on another board:

Bradley Beal might of had his best game of the season. Either this one of the previous Kentucky game.

I really wish he was a 3 because he'd be my second choice behind Davis.

He was really efficient tonight. He is a good shooter, great rebounder for his size, and can finish around the basket. Doesn't necessarily have the best handles but still finds ways to penetrate and finish around the basket. Defensively, I would say he is adequate. He normally has to play the 3 for UF and has to guard bigger opponents. Good prospect and a great kid.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    If Beal gets up to 2 or 3 I will feel a lot better about missing out on Davis.
    Why would it matter what number he is on Chad Ford's Big Board? He is still the same player regardless of how others view him.

I like him behind Davis as well, just wish he was a few inches taller. But he doesn't necessarily play small.
    Last edited by RadioKiller; 03-23-2012 at 01:04 AM.

vCash
    I hope we don't draft Beal. I think Gerald Henderson will be better off long term at SG. I would rather see us draft Harrison Barnes, who has legit 3 size.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioKiller View Post
    Why would it matter what number he is on Chad Ford's Big Board? He is still the same player regardless of how others view him.
    I don't know, all I know is I want to draft him really, really bad.

vCash
    I don't want Barnes. There, I said it. I think he's lazy on defense and his supposed strength, shooting, is inconsistent. I don't think he's a leader and I don't think he can really carry a team to do something special. Plus he's underperformed drastically since he came to UNC. I love MKG.

My order of preference for the draft is:
    1. Davis
    2. MKG
    3. Drummond
    4. Beal
    5. Robinson

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast