Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013/14 NCAA Game Thread/Prospects Watch

Drummond had 18 points and 7 boards last night.

vCash
    I'm intrigued by Drummond, mostly because of the hype that comes with him by experts, but it just seems every time I go to watch a UCONN game he isn't in the game and I siwtch the channel. Gahhhhhh, my stupid short attention span. Anyone have any specific descriptions about his game?
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    JDM : Jumbo Dick Man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    I'm intrigued by Drummond, mostly because of the hype that comes with him by experts, but it just seems every time I go to watch a UCONN game he isn't in the game and I siwtch the channel. Gahhhhhh, my stupid short attention span. Anyone have any specific descriptions about his game?
    Midway through the season, Drummond has the pole position to be the top overall pick. At 6-foot-10 and 270 pounds, Drummond is said to be the fastest player on the UConn team. Remarkable when you consider that most players lose their mobility when they bulk up to his size. This from an NBA scout: "I see guys like (Anthony) Davis all the time, guys like Drummond are rare. It's been five years since the last one (physically dominant, elite level big man) which was Oden." He is in the same category athletically with Amare Stoudemire and Dwight Howard and while he's still raw offensively, he shows excellent finishing touch around the basket. The biggest chink in his armor is his free throw shooting, where he hits at a miserable sub-40 percent rate.

Comparison: Amare Stoudemire Stats: 10.3 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 2.7 bpg
    http://hoopshype.com/draft.htm

vCash
    I actually have to agree to an extent about what the scout said about Davis. I see tall, rail thin big men all the time. The thing that makes him special, though, is his anticipation. The time's that I've seen him he's been pretty impressive, but I remember the game against Indiana where their big man dominated him because he was too thin. Simply, he needs to bulk up.

Drummond seems to have that already lol. I was watching some clips and he's definitely a big boy.

vCash
    I actually have to agree to an extent about what the scout said about Davis. I see tall, rail thin big men all the time. The thing that makes him special, though, is his anticipation. The time's that I've seen him he's been pretty impressive, but I remember the game against Indiana where their big man dominated him because he was too thin. Simply, he needs to bulk up.

Drummond seems to have that already lol. I was watching some clips and he's definitely a big boy.
    I'm kind of scared of taking Davis too but he PWNS every time I see him play in some fashion, either blocks, rebounds, points etc and sometimes all categories. Rick Bonnell with the CharlotteObserver says he has a top scout who says Davis is a can't miss #1 pick.

vCash
    That's interesting, I guess we know who is probably on top of our board. Anyway I agree with you as well, with the exception of the Indiana game I have been impressed with Davis. Besides his obvious physical attributes, his anticipation and timing is remarkable. All he needs to do is add muscle, because once he gets in the NBA he's going to be pushed out of the way for rebounds and positioning.

I just hope we have multiple 1st round picks this year. There are literally so many prospects that I find could somehow help our team.

vCash
    That's interesting, I guess we know who is probably on top of our board. Anyway I agree with you as well, with the exception of the Indiana game I have been impressed with Davis. Besides his obvious physical attributes, his anticipation and timing is remarkable. All he needs to do is add muscle, because once he gets in the NBA he's going to be pushed out of the way for rebounds and positioning.

I just hope we have multiple 1st round picks this year. There are literally so many prospects that I find could somehow help our team.
    Agreed if we could get one of the top 2 bigs and somehow get a fringe Top 7 pick and somehow get an MKG or Jeremy Lamb too, that would be an incredible draft in my opinion.

vCash
    ^Yep.

Or, given the uncertainty of the lottery (which I HATE with a passion), if we get like the #3 pick and David and Drummond are gone, we could get Barnes and with the second 1st we could get Sullinger, Jones III, one of the Zellers (Cody preferably), or some other big man which I am forgetting. There really are a lot of good prospects this year.

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash
    As much as i like Barnes, i would be a little dissapointed if we miss out on Drummond or Davis. We need a big man bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsams50 View Post
    As much as i like Barnes, i would be a little dissapointed if we miss out on Drummond or Davis. We need a big man bad
    Exactly, we got to get a big man from somewhere, I don't see any young big men in free agency.

vCash
    Anthony Davis had 22 points, 8 rebounds, and 8 blocks in 28 minutes tonight.

vCash

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash
    Anthony Davis would be nasty next to Biyombo. God i hope we can trade some players and get another lottery pick. So much talent in this draft

vCash
    Davis looked pretty good tonight vs Florida, he didn't rebound as much as I thought he could of but maybe he just had an off rebounding night b/c everything else was good!

vCash
    if we loose the top 2 big man in the draft that leaves us for barnes or mkg.
    then our big men should stay...

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast