Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    They have a good looking future with the Hollins, Eliason, Mo Walker and Coleman. All 5 I mentioned are freshman or sophomores, and all 5 have been a main part of the rotation (Mo injured this year, but was a main stay in the rotation his freshman year). The Hollins havent just been main part of the rotation, but have been starters the majority of the year, and Andre Hollins has absolutely been the star of the NIT...not just the Gophers, but the whole tournament. All 5 of the above mentioned have received starts as well.

We also just got some good news about a week ago. Mbakwe, who got injured the first week of play, was granted a 6th year of eligibility due to injury hard ship. Mbakwe was by far our best player, and I think it is definite that we would have been in the big dance had he not got injured.

There is also a Minnesota native, Trent Lockett, who is a star junior at Arizona State, and is looking to transfer close to home to be with his ailing mother. Rumors are high right now that he is coming to the U of M...and he would not have to sit out a year for a transfer, because he is set to graduate this year.

So, through a transfer, we get a star, and through a 6th year of eligibility, we get another star. Add in Mo Walker, who was by far our best freshman before his injury last year, and the other underclassmen I mentioned...and Rodney Williams who will be a senior next year...we are primed for a memorable season, with as many as 5 NBA prospects on the team (Dre Hollins, Mbakwe, Lockett, Coleman, Rodney (only one which may be a first rounder in Rodney)).
    it is very exiting, plus the players now will have some sort of late season tourney experience which should help.
    So happy we get trevor back, i didnt hear that.

vCash
    the NCAA has granted him permission to come back...if he wants to. Trevors goal is to be in the NBA, and he may have a better chance now, even coming off that injury, then trying to enter the NBA draft as a 24 year old next year.

All signs point to him coming back though. But, we would have too many players under scholarship, so Tubby would have to release someone from their scholarship if Trevor came back. I dont think Tubby would do that to anyone, but he may suggest to some players like Chip, or Maverick that they may get more playing time elsewhere...It is also not uncommon for a player to transfer anyways, without being persuaded.

vCash
    Last year it was my pipe dream for us to draft Kenneth Fareid, we didnt but he would have been a nice hustle guy coming off the bench after love and pek.
    This year my pipe dream pick is terrence ross. he can play sg and has good size playing there. What he did last year as a freshman and did it some this year was sit in the corner and catch and shoot threes. He would flourish with rubio passing him the ball, and he already has nba range. Plus this year he added the ability to score on his own, which we also need.
    His defense is also very solid, he is athletic and gives the effort, and 6"7' wingspan doesn't hurt.
    He is also athletic, doesn't shy away from throwing it down.

This guy is what we need. If we draft him our need will be filled and we wont have to spend big money, or overpay to get a guy in here. It would leave room for rubios and peks contract extensions, and maybe a good 6th man.

Plus, we have watched luke march out there against 6'5" , 6"6' , 6'7" etc giants at the SG position, now we can be the team with the mismatch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Last year it was my pipe dream for us to draft Kenneth Fareid, we didnt but he would have been a nice hustle guy coming off the bench after love and pek.
    This year my pipe dream pick is terrence ross. he can play sg and has good size playing there. What he did last year as a freshman and did it some this year was sit in the corner and catch and shoot threes. He would flourish with rubio passing him the ball, and he already has nba range. Plus this year he added the ability to score on his own, which we also need.
    His defense is also very solid, he is athletic and gives the effort, and 6"7' wingspan doesn't hurt.

This guy is what we need. If we draft him our need will be filled and we wont have to spend big money, or overpay to get a guy in here. It would leave room for rubios and peks contract extensions, and maybe a good 6th man.

Plus, we have watched luke march out there against 6'5" , 6"6' , 6'7" etc giants at the SG position, now we can be the team with the mismatch.
    He looked good last night and seems to have a good all around game. He should be available with the Utah pick if the draft boards are right. I am pulling for Boaton over Utah tonight. If Utah finishes below Boston and Memphis but ahead of New York, we should end-up with Utah's pick. How the teams that are packed together finish would then determine the pick somewhere 15-17.

Coming up with a solid wing player from the draft would be a big plus for this team. We get away from the mismatches and improve our overall salary position which positions us for a meaningful free agent signing.
    Last edited by 3XDouble; 03-28-2012 at 11:54 AM.

vCash

http://www.myNBAdraft.com/2012-NBA-Mock-Draft
    "Let me tell you bout' my BESTFRIEND!"

vCash
    ya i saw that, it makes me happy. I really want that kid.
    During the wash minn game i was of course cheering for the phers, but i also wanted to see ross kill it out there. Dre hollins went beast mode to help minny close game though, i cant complain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RuBeasLoveDwill View Post
    So let me get this straight. A guy who shoots 43,9% on 8,7 3point attempts per game and averages 19,9 points per game goes to the second round? Well we better get a high second round pick.

United we Run

vCash
    if its a guy kahn and adleman want, kahn will make it happen.

vCash
    if its a guy kahn and adleman want, kahn will make it happen.
    Hopefully its the guy Adelman wants. Kahn doesnt seem to have a good eye for drafting, outside of Rubio...and I dont give him credit for the Williams pick, Williams at 2 was as obvious as Kyrie at 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    So let me get this straight. A guy who shoots 43,9% on 8,7 3point attempts per game and averages 19,9 points per game goes to the second round? Well we better get a high second round pick.
    Yeah to be honest I think these rankings will change alot because the draft isn't until the end of June so there is tons of time for players to do individual workouts for teams.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2011/mar...isler-20110320
    ^this is a mock from last year on March 19th and it doesn't have a lot of late picks, including Marshon Brooks and Shumpart, and you also still have the people that will return to school next year that you need to account for
    "Let me tell you bout' my BESTFRIEND!"

vCash
    The only rule with Mock Drafts is that outside of the top 1 or 2 players, the rest seem to go in any order apart from what was predicted in the Mock Drafts.

A little lesson I have learned over the last few seasons.

Minnesota ROYalty

vCash
    Gophers in a very disappointing showing in the NIT championship.

vCash
    The T-Wolves can definity trade with either one of these teams to acquire a top 10-20 pick in this year coming draft of 2012. Blazers can either trade their top 15 pick or keep it. Rockets are a pretty good team already and might consider trading their top 10 pick or keep it. Jazz is loaded with talented young players and might trade one of their draft pick. T-Wolves can try to trade something to get their pick back from the Hornets. The Bucks are a good team right now since they traded for Monta Ellis and probably won't need their pick. Nuggets are a good team with already having tons of young players on their squad and might trade their pick.

-Blazers has 2 first round pick which are top 5 and top 15 (top 5 pick from Nets)
    -Rockets has a top 10 pick right now from the Knicks
    -Jazz has top 10 and top 15 pick right now (one of the pick is from Warriors)
    -Hornets has top 5 and top 15 pick (top 15 pick from T-Wolves)
    -Bucks has top 15-20 pick
    -Nuggets top 15-20 pick

vCash
    you basically just said nothing, with a lot of words...."team X might trade their pick, or keep it."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    you basically just said nothing, with a lot of words...."team X might trade their pick, or keep it."
    Hahaha

Minnesota ROYalty

Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast